M Manectric-EX Variants

For a little time I saw Manectric and PLF Kyurem in the same deck, but I'm only relating it to this format (XY-BKT). I can't really see the AOR Kyurem EX being used in that deck though. Glaciate is hard to pull off and does little damage as well needing two and three water plus a colorless energy for the other attack is not easy nor worth it. Regice, Articuno, Raikou, and Regirock all can be ran in here with a 3 energy cost and attacks are doing a better effect and/or more damage. They are also not giving up two prizes and most of those Pokemon can attack with a DCE/more colorless energy.

The one from Plasma Blast was actually the one I was referring to. It was the only thing in the deck that could OHKO stuff, and you could use it's other attack for just a DCE, so it wasn't totally useless without M Manectric set up. Totally agree with you on Kyurem EX from Ancient Origins, and that none of them are really relevant to the current format.

Never said it wasn't affected. All I said was that it was an easy prize for the deck due to weakness and retreat cost.

For a little time I saw Manectric and PLF Kyurem in the same deck, but I'm only relating it to this format (XY-BKT). I can't really see the AOR Kyurem EX being used in that deck though. Glaciate is hard to pull off and does little damage as well needing two and three water plus a colorless energy for the other attack is not easy nor worth it. Regice, Articuno, Raikou, and Regirock all can be ran in here with a 3 energy cost and attacks are doing a better effect and/or more damage. They are also not giving up two prizes and most of those Pokemon can attack with a DCE/more colorless energy.

I'll send you a list. Mine is kind of standard, but I'd prefer not to say it publicly.
Hit me up with the list as well please.

Well, does anyone have any rogue deck ideas for Mega Manectric? I came up an idea that had Giratina teched in it, for a special kind of corruption. Is anyone interested in the list at all?

The one from Plasma Blast was actually the one I was referring to. It was the only thing in the deck that could OHKO stuff, and you could use it's other attack for just a DCE, so it wasn't totally useless without M Manectric set up. Totally agree with you on Kyurem EX from Ancient Origins, and that none of them are really relevant to the current format.
I really never saw that. I see the concept, but I never saw it during 2014/15 Cities and States where is probably would have been big. The only kyurem I remember was in Donphan to combat opposing donphan and any remaining Pyroar/Charizard decks, but not the EX from PLB. Do you know of any videos/links of tourneys that used the deck? I'd like to see it in action.

I really never saw that. I see the concept, but I never saw it during 2014/15 Cities and States where is probably would have been big. The only kyurem I remember was in Donphan to combat opposing donphan and any remaining Pyroar/Charizard decks, but not the EX from PLB. Do you know of any videos/links of tourneys that used the deck? I'd like to see it in action.

Sorry, don't have any relevant links. I'm pretty sure it got a top 4 at Cities last year. This was a long time ago.

Gallade really isn't a problem. Once you kill one, you pretty much win the matchup. Getting an easy Gallade is really hard to do. you can just Overrun, then Turbo Volt for KO's.
This is a statement I disagree with. "Once you kill a gallade" is not easy. Unless if you run muscle band and bats/giovanni, then 150 is a hard and unrealistic number to hit with Manectric. At most you are doing 110 and they are taking 4 prizes in 2 turns. Even you go first to attack, they will win on the prize trade while having a turn to set up the bench. Odds are that because they are the one getting Gallade up in one turn with a DCE (with Shaymins, Ultra Ball, Compressor, etc.), they will be attacking with it that turn as well. You assume that they will keep it back there as a set up pokemon until they are ready, but Gallade, at least from my testing, is a heavy hitter with a cool side effect, not a bench sitter; such as Darkrai in 2013. This leaves you at a MAJOR disadvantage on the first turn, and possibly the second turn as well if you didn't get M Manectric to set up another benched pokemon.
If you run bats, just hope they miss it or you can attack first so you can get energy onto the bench. If you run Regice, and your area has a lot Yveltal/Gallade, add raikou/jirachi with Assault Vest. While Raikou doesn't stop the opponent from OHKOing, it makes it more challenging if they don't play a supporter. Jirachi can also come in clutch. While it is lysandred around, your opponent would need to consistenly hit 3 DCE and 3 Lysandre to win, which is unlikely. I personally play both, but it depends on the deck.

This is a statement I disagree with. "Once you kill a gallade" is not easy. Unless if you run muscle band and bats/giovanni, then 150 is a hard and unrealistic number to hit with Manectric. At most you are doing 110 and they are taking 4 prizes in 2 turns. Even you go first to attack, they will win on the prize trade while having a turn to set up the bench. Odds are that because they are the one getting Gallade up in one turn with a DCE (with Shaymins, Ultra Ball, Compressor, etc.), they will be attacking with it that turn as well. You assume that they will keep it back there as a set up pokemon until they are ready, but Gallade, at least from my testing, is a heavy hitter with a cool side effect, not a bench sitter; such as Darkrai in 2013. This leaves you at a MAJOR disadvantage on the first turn, and possibly the second turn as well if you didn't get M Manectric to set up another benched pokemon.
If you run bats, just hope they miss it or you can attack first so you can get energy onto the bench. If you run Regice, and your area has a lot Yveltal/Gallade, add raikou/jirachi with Assault Vest. While Raikou doesn't stop the opponent from OHKOing, it makes it more challenging if they don't play a supporter. Jirachi can also come in clutch. While it is lysandred around, your opponent would need to consistenly hit 3 DCE and 3 Lysandre to win, which is unlikely. I personally play both, but it depends on the deck.
A lot of players here plays Yveltal/zoroark/gallade or even regirock. I haven't tested with those decks yet. But I also have problems with Magnezone/raikou. Since you can't OHKO a raikou. And the prize trade is in their favor. Btw what variant of Manectric are you using?

A lot of players here plays Yveltal/zoroark/gallade or even regirock. I haven't tested with those decks yet. But I also have problems with Magnezone/raikou. Since you can't OHKO a raikou. And the prize trade is in their favor. Btw what variant of Manectric are you using?
Well you generally shouldn't expect OHkoes if you are playing Manectric Regice, which is the variant I play. It is annoying to hit and miss for 10-30 damage sometimes, but the risk of that is weighed by the benefit of attaching energy to a benched Regice or Articuno. The extra prize card or the disabling EXs from attacking is huge.
If you play Manectric Bats, neither deck should really be a problem. They might take two prizes from gallade, but you can easily come back from Bat damage and an Assault Laser/Turbo Bolt.
In general, for your area, it seems like you just shouldn't play Manectric for the time being. I know players don't like to hear that sometimes, but knowing the metagame is one of the key ways to winning. Some people can perform well with a deck throughout the entire season, but it's hard with a shifting metagame and new cards out every few months. Granted, those people test their decks constantly and against every type of deck in the format so that they can pilot it at any tournament and perform well. Those people, in my opinion, come up short sometimes because they are not adapting to the game. If you run Yveltal the entire season and go to a tournament and before it starts you see almost every player playing Magnezone or Manectric builds, I sure as heck would change my deck :p. This should go with any deck, and was big when VirGen, Pyroar, and Blastoise were the big three decks for awhile. I personally would change to Lucario Bats if that was my meta, but it's up to you.

Well you generally shouldn't expect OHkoes if you are playing Manectric Regice, which is the variant I play. It is annoying to hit and miss for 10-30 damage sometimes, but the risk of that is weighed by the benefit of attaching energy to a benched Regice or Articuno. The extra prize card or the disabling EXs from attacking is huge.
If you play Manectric Bats, neither deck should really be a problem. They might take two prizes from gallade, but you can easily come back from Bat damage and an Assault Laser/Turbo Bolt.
In general, for your area, it seems like you just shouldn't play Manectric for the time being. I know players don't like to hear that sometimes, but knowing the metagame is one of the key ways to winning. Some people can perform well with a deck throughout the entire season, but it's hard with a shifting metagame and new cards out every few months. Granted, those people test their decks constantly and against every type of deck in the format so that they can pilot it at any tournament and perform well. Those people, in my opinion, come up short sometimes because they are not adapting to the game. If you run Yveltal the entire season and go to a tournament and before it starts you see almost every player playing Magnezone or Manectric builds, I sure as heck would change my deck :p. This should go with any deck, and was big when VirGen, Pyroar, and Blastoise were the big three decks for awhile. I personally would change to Lucario Bats if that was my meta, but it's up to you.

I keep losing to Magnezone/Raikou during local tournaments. Lol. I have no answer to Raikou especially when rough seas is in play.
I'm thinking of switching a deck before cities. My options are: Manectric Variant, Magnezone, night march. (Thinking of zoroark break without Yveltal EX as well but dont have a skeleton)

I keep losing to Magnezone/Raikou during local tournaments. Lol. I have no answer to Raikou especially when rough seas is in play.
I'm thinking of switching a deck before cities. My options are: Manectric Variant, Magnezone, night march. (Thinking of zoroark break without Yveltal EX as well but dont have a skeleton)
Night march is your best option. If many Manectric decks are playing assault vest with Raikou, throw in a Megaphone. It throws off a lot of decks in today's format.

Night march is your best option. If many Manectric decks are playing assault vest with Raikou, throw in a Megaphone. It throws off a lot of decks in today's format.
I have to agree, Assault Vest nearly proves Toad useless (And other stuff). That being said, you'll have to get it into play really fast to be relevant throughout the game. But also keep in mind, Night March might have trouble setting up. You'll have to practice day in, and day out to find a fast, quick- working list that defeats other popular decks in the format. Before I say more, we might want to continue in the Night March discussion.

I have to agree, Assault Vest nearly proves Toad useless (And other stuff). That being said, you'll have to get it into play really fast to be relevant throughout the game. But also keep in mind, Night March might have trouble setting up. You'll have to practice day in, and day out to find a fast, quick- working list that defeats other popular decks in the format. Before I say more, we might want to continue in the Night March discussion.
Toad is non existent now. Jirachi, assault vest, giratina EX, and vespiqueen killed it. Which is why decks like Magnezone, Manectric, and Yveltal are coming back.

Toad is non existent now. Jirachi, assault vest, giratina EX, and vespiqueen killed it. Which is why decks like Magnezone, Manectric, and Yveltal are coming back.
Not really. Toad is still very much alive, it's just teched into decks now. But there are a lot of decks that do. Toad can get rid of Assault Vest with Xerosic, or keep it away before it even comes into play. Vespiquen is useless without items, Giratina shouldn't be a problem if Manectric is in the deck, and Manectric also takes card of Jirachi. Magnezone is a 50/50 Matchup, because of Raikou. But I have a friend who played Manectric/ Fighting/ Seismitoad. It's a rogue deck that basically beats everything in the format.

Not really. Toad is still very much alive, it's just teched into decks now. But there are a lot of decks that do. Toad can get rid of Assault Vest with Xerosic, or keep it away before it even comes into play. Vespiquen is useless without items, Giratina shouldn't be a problem if Manectric is in the deck, and Manectric also takes card of Jirachi. Magnezone is a 50/50 Matchup, because of Raikou. But I have a friend who played Manectric/ Fighting/ Seismitoad. It's a rogue deck that basically beats everything in the format.

What kind of fighting Pokemon does he run? I assume hawlucha? Regirock? Gallade?

OK, but be warned this wasn't the actual list, because he never gave it to me.

Pokémon:13
  • 3 Manectric-EX
  • 3 M Manectric-EX
  • 2 Lucario-EX
  • 2 Hawlucha
  • 1 Regirock
  • 2 Seismitoad-EX
Trainers:31
  • 4 Sycamore
  • 2 Korrina
  • 2 Birch
  • 1 Lysandre