M Manectric-EX Variants

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
This thread is used for all competitive discussion on M Manectric-EX variants in the Standard format. This includes strategies, playstyles, and techs.

You may post decklists here, but only as a means to add to the discussion. If you're looking for advice on your list, post in the Deck Garage.

Articles:
Under the Radar - Top Picks for U.S. Nationals
Semi Finalist U.S. Nationals Report and a Look at Wailord

M Manectric-EX / Regice Skeleton List:

Pokémon: 11
  • 3 M Manectric-EX (PHF 24)
  • 4 Manectric-EX (PHF 23)
  • 2 Regice (AOR 24)
  • 2 Shaymin-EX (ROS 77)
Trainers: 33
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 3 Manectric Spirit Link
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Switch
  • 3 Rough Seas
Energy: 11
  • 5 Lightning Energy
  • 4 Water Energy
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy
Open Spots: 5

I've been playing this a lot with quite a bit of succcess. I'm not really sure what the best energy spread is and wondered if anyone else had an opinion on this?

I've been running 4-3 Manectric and 3 Regice with 4 water, 2 lightning, 2 flash, 3 DCE. It has worked but I'm not convinced it's optimal by any means.

Last edited:
I run a one of Jynx from furious fist so you can heal off 4 damage per turn from the active. I also just run 5 water 4 lightning and 2 flash to make turbo bolt more consistent and to help against the Aegislash ex matchup.

I'm thinking about running Manectric/Regice/Vileplume. Is it as good as the normal one and can be included here?
EDIT: Or maybe even with a bat line?

Last edited:
oooh! Swampert PRC could be a perfect Archie's Ace in Hole backup attacker here!

Is that a good idea to add to list, or at least under "Open Options"?

Despite the several Grass decks threats, I run Manectric EX with Seismitoad EX. MMan, Toad and Rough Seas are still very effective.

Interestingly enough, I've also incorporated the MMan line into some decks where other techs had been originally used. For example, one could replace the Bats line in a Ttar deck with an MMan line and get solid (and in some match-ups, better) results, IMO.

If I were to play this deck in expanded, I would consider running a garbodor, but if not, could a suicune instead or regice be a good idea? Thoughts?

Pretty good deck, but what does not make sense is that there are 4 Professor Sycamores and 3 Professor Birch's Observations and you have 4 Ultra Balls? I think that is just a waste of space.

Regice is much more solid then suicune, wobb, hex maniac, garbo, etc, so many things get past abilities, if those cards aren't being played in your area it's worth a shot but not really worth more then 1 slot in your deck.

Additionally, does anybody see any neat and easy vespiqueen/grass counters? 11 spots is enough to do a lot with.

You can add a Giratina-EX, a Seismitoad-EX and 2 dce/2dde and it gives you the flexibility to get around most match-ups. Giratina allowing you to take on opposing mega decks while nearly entirely shutting down stage1 dde decks, most notably vespiquen. While you should already be able to take on vespiquen without ridiculous amounts of trouble, the inclusion of giratina makes the match up even more favorable for you. Considering a few head ringer in tandem with giratina and assault laser also means that you're not gonna struggle as much. The fluidity in play that free retreat and energy acceleration give you open you up for way more options than i thought possible.

I honestly prefer playing a (slightly)less consistent version of the deck, by having 2 Seismitoad EX in the deck and really upping the energy disruption. It really locks out a few decks very well, and can provide a bunch of game against DDE based decks as well. Here is my list:

3 Manectric EX
3 M Man
2 Seismitoad EX
2 Shaymin
2 Regice

3 Ultra Ball
2 Battle compressor
2 Muscle Band
4 VS Seeker
4 Crushing Hammer
1 Enhanced Hammer
2 HeadRinger
3 Mane Spirit Link
3 Rough Seas
2 switch

3 sycamore
3 prof birch observation
2 Lysandre
1 Xerosic
1 AZ

4 DCE
5 Lightning
3 Water

I'm surprised Hoopa EX hasn't been mentioned to get Shaymin and Manectric/MMan out faster, has it just proven to be unnecessary for the deck's consistency?

I'm surprised Hoopa EX hasn't been mentioned to get Shaymin and Manectric/MMan out faster, has it just proven to be unnecessary for the deck's consistency?

For the particular version I posted, I found it to be a liability. Once it got pulled into the active, it was a disaster to get back on to the bench. At least Shaymin can retreat for 1. Also it's re-Useability with AZ was underwhelming.

Just my 2 cents.

Can someone explain the regice to me? I'm sure the answer is super obvious but I'm missing it. My guess is that regice + head ringer = opponent wanting to set the table on fire. Is this correct?

Can someone explain the regice to me? I'm sure the answer is super obvious but I'm missing it. My guess is that regice + head ringer = opponent wanting to set the table on fire. Is this correct?

Regice prevents EX Pokémon from do anything to it basically with it's Resistance Blizzard.

Regice prevents EX Pokémon from do anything to it basically with it's Resistance Blizzard.
Whoops, I got it confused with registeel, my bad. Speaking of which would it be viable to run a split of registeel and ice or is it one or the other or only regice in this deck? Registeel would mean discard on exs + 3-4 head ringer = opponent crying because they can't attach energy and have it be on the field for more than 1 turn.

Back