• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Luxray's Lightning Lock (BKT-ULP)

That's what Luxray BREAK is for, and you got Shining Celebi for the Item Lock

Without any good form of energy acceleration Luxray is kind of a nonanswer, 4 energy for 130+40x is very lackluster. Even with item lock slowing your opponent down, it's likely they'll have something better ready by the time you have a stage 3 with 4 energy attached. Luxray's attack is interesting but LLC rather than LCC makes it hard to use without energy recovery, and harder still in a two energy deck. The hard 150 damage number is also unfavorable because you can't boost it with choice band and it doesn't actually KO most EX/GX cards without prior damage.

Mismagius's second attack is better but also has issues as a lategame cleanup attack since most decks now run 4 N, you can't close a game with it reliably because they will often be able to N themselves to 1-2 cards and kill your damage potential. This list doesn't run DCE which also makes it harder to get out.

Any form of damage in this deck has to break your item lock. Item lock just isn't nearly as oppressive if you have to break it to actually make progress (beyond 30 damage per turn) on the board. Old lock decks like Plume never broke lock, Toad almost never broke lock, damage was achieved through items and abilities rather than attacking so your attack could be dedicated to locking. There aren't really the cards in this format to pull off a hard lock deck like that.

The efficacy of this sort of softer lock is highly dependent on what sort of advantage you can build behind it, and I just don't see you reliably getting a big enough board advantage during your lock turns to beat down big name decks once you break lock to start attacking.

my main attacker Luxray BREAK only requires one energy to lock, mismagius as well, so DCE and ray are useless. Also, Mismagius is there for Buzzwole

So you're going to just deal 30/60 damage for the whole game to whatever Pokemon is directly in front of you and think that people are never going to be able to scale up something under item lock? Never going to Sycamore or Cynthia or bench a Lele into a playable hand, or just attach energy to their Lele on the bench that you can't KO anyway and Guzma up your Celebi that you don't run rescue stretcher or super rod to recover? The fact that your whole strategy relies on a 70 HP basic who gives up the same prize count as Luxray BREAK and is way easier to kill makes it incredibly frail. Buzzwole will do 0 damage to your active Luxray, but it'll still pierce to your Celebi and KO it in 3 turns or less if they Guzma, and then they're free to do anything. And as soon as a single Luxray BREAK falls, you're 3 to 4 turns behind either in energy or evolution, or both. Shinx is also a free Guzma target for Buzzwole so they can just take their 1 prize early and not have to deal with any item lock at all. And in a best of 3 top cut scenario, people can just choose to go 2nd to completely ruin your strategy of using Shinx's ability altogether, and then your Wallies lose a lot of value as well.

I also really don't know why you're so worried about Buzzwole either when we're talking about a deck that's releasing around the same time as new Solgaleo GX along with a bunch of completely unknown archetypes. Your deck list can't answer Solgaleo GX at all. Attacking with Mismagius, assuming you can find your Psychic energy, to hit Cosmog/Cosmoem for weakness still allows Solgaleo GX players to use items and evolve up to a Solgaleo GX on the bench. If you throw up a Luxio, Solgaleo GX can throw up a Prism Star Solgaleo or a Registeel and you all of a sudden can't even take a single prize for 5 to 6 turns and your Mismagius only deals 10 damage now. Once a single Solgaleo GX hits the board you will never do enough damage to win against 250 HP putting out 120 damage and Prominence GX global heal.

I hope you don't take this personally, but you can't just imagine every situation where your deck comes out on top and ignore what happens when things don't go your way. Every deck has a weakness, and even Gardevoir GX needs multiple strategies with Plea GX, Parallel City, and Acerola to really seal the deal. Just a straight up 4/4/4 Gardevoir would not be a problem. Gardevoir with Magical Ribbon and Plea GX and Parallel City is a problem. Single strategy decks just don't succeed. I don't see your Plan B anywhere in this list. You either have Luxray/Celebi in play or you don't, and any time you don't you lose to anyone who deals more damage than you, Buzzwole or not.

This list is far too early but for some reason you are really adamant about telling most of us how our suggestions are completely wrong. If you didn't want suggestions or discussion about your list and think you have the perfect build, I'm not really sure why you posted it here yet.

Look back at all their posts. They routinely post bad lists and then turn down all logical comments that come in. It's not worth your time trying to help this person out.

So you're going to just deal 30/60 damage for the whole game to whatever Pokemon is directly in front of you and think that people are never going to be able to scale up something under item lock? Never going to Sycamore or Cynthia or bench a Lele into a playable hand, or just attach energy to their Lele on the bench that you can't KO anyway and Guzma up your Celebi that you don't run rescue stretcher or super rod to recover? The fact that your whole strategy relies on a 70 HP basic who gives up the same prize count as Luxray BREAK and is way easier to kill makes it incredibly frail. Buzzwole will do 0 damage to your active Luxray, but it'll still pierce to your Celebi and KO it in 3 turns or less if they Guzma, and then they're free to do anything. And as soon as a single Luxray BREAK falls, you're 3 to 4 turns behind either in energy or evolution, or both. Shinx is also a free Guzma target for Buzzwole so they can just take their 1 prize early and not have to deal with any item lock at all. And in a best of 3 top cut scenario, people can just choose to go 2nd to completely ruin your strategy of using Shinx's ability altogether, and then your Wallies lose a lot of value as well.

I also really don't know why you're so worried about Buzzwole either when we're talking about a deck that's releasing around the same time as new Solgaleo GX along with a bunch of completely unknown archetypes. Your deck list can't answer Solgaleo GX at all. Attacking with Mismagius, assuming you can find your Psychic energy, to hit Cosmog/Cosmoem for weakness still allows Solgaleo GX players to use items and evolve up to a Solgaleo GX on the bench. If you throw up a Luxio, Solgaleo GX can throw up a Prism Star Solgaleo or a Registeel and you all of a sudden can't even take a single prize for 5 to 6 turns and your Mismagius only deals 10 damage now. Once a single Solgaleo GX hits the board you will never do enough damage to win against 250 HP putting out 120 damage and Prominence GX global heal.

I hope you don't take this personally, but you can't just imagine every situation where your deck comes out on top and ignore what happens when things don't go your way. Every deck has a weakness, and even Gardevoir GX needs multiple strategies with Plea GX, Parallel City, and Acerola to really seal the deal. Just a straight up 4/4/4 Gardevoir would not be a problem. Gardevoir with Magical Ribbon and Plea GX and Parallel City is a problem. Single strategy decks just don't succeed. I don't see your Plan B anywhere in this list. You either have Luxray/Celebi in play or you don't, and any time you don't you lose to anyone who deals more damage than you, Buzzwole or not.

This list is far too early but for some reason you are really adamant about telling most of us how our suggestions are completely wrong. If you didn't want suggestions or discussion about your list and think you have the perfect build, I'm not really sure why you posted it here yet.
How would solgaleo set up a stage 2 pokemon without items?

Pokemon: 23

4x Shinx ULP
4x Luxio ULP
3x Luxray ULP
2x Luxray BREAK
2x Shining Celebi SM Promo
3x Tapu Lele GX GRI
1x Oranguru SM Promo
2x Misdreavus CRI
2x Mismagius CRI

Trainers: 27
4x Max Potion
1x Brigette
2x Wally (to get a Luxray out T1)
4x Ultra Ball
4x Professor Sycamore
2x N
2x Cynthia
1x Float Stone
3x Choice Band
2x Volkner
2x Guzma
2x Field Blower

Energy: 8
5x Lightning
3x Psychic
I can see Luxray, but not luxray break. You should just be going for the item lock. Cut mismagius for zoroarks, you will be more consistent. I would cut like half the supporters for disruption cards.

I can see Luxray, but not luxray break. You should just be going for the item lock. Cut mismagius for zoroarks, you will be more consistent. I would cut like half the supporters for disruption cards.
I originally ran Zoro, but I don't want to get obliterated by Buzzwole. I was originally going to play disruption I just don't know what to take out.

Figured I'd make a new list now that we have every Sm5 scan.

Pokémon 17
4x Shinx ULP
4x Luxio ULP
3x Luxray ULP
2x Luxray BREAK BKP
2x Tapu Lele GX GRI
2x Shining Celebi SM Promo

Trainers 36

3x Sycamore
3x N
3x Cynthia
1x Wally