Pokemon Lamps, Gears and Ice Cream Cones, since when were they using random karp for pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aztec325

Aspiring Trainer
I am just a little bit peeved that they used such unoriginal ideas that that looked like they were designed by 9 year olds with very little creativity. I mean, what happened to Pokemon like Charazard, Venusaur and Blastoise? Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for having one or two unusual Pokemon in every generation but this time they have just lost all creativity. now i have a question; how many people here agree that they could have done a lot better this generation?

RE: Lamps, Gears and Ice Cream Cones, since when were they using random shit for pokemon?

I'd change the title if I were you, Cursing isn't permitted here. (Sorry for minimod)
It is kinda wierd though :/
I Guess they just wanted something different.

RE: Lamps, Gears and Ice Cream Cones, since when were they using random shit for pokemon?

What about Trubbish?
I could agree, some designs weren't the best, but I mean in generation I they did have a Pokemon that was literally a pile of sludge.

frankly, I'm not as big of a fan of pokemon past hoenn. but that's just me. i don't mind the others but sometimes i think they just stopped trying.

regigigas said:
What about Trubbish?
I could agree, some designs weren't the best, but I mean in generation I they did have a Pokemon that was literally a pile of sludge.

yes but grimer and muk are originals and trubish is basicaly the same thing with a different look.

To answer the question in the title: since Pocket Monsters Red and Green.

Maybe you should consider getting an eye op.

Teal said:
To answer the question in the title: since Pocket Monsters Red and Green.

Maybe you should consider getting an eye op.

pokemon red and green never existed, it was red and blue then the remakes were fire red and leaf green.

also, i'm not saying it isn't art, it's just that in the first gen we were all exited about random karp but now it's old and reused to the point of which slightly irritates me.

You are not making ANY sense. And after you saying that Green did not excist I don't even want to talk to you anymore. One thing though: you were a kid back then. Kids experience things differently.

My deepest appologies, I did a bit of looking into it and found that green was one of the originals from Japan, but what I also found was that the blue version was the basis of the western red and blue, this being the case because it was updated to allow the player to capture dittos in Rock tunnel and lickitung to appear on the wild, this updated version also looked, supposedly, a lot better in general. To conclude, green was only released in Japan because by the time the westernized versions were released it was not overly necessary anymore hens it is not taken into account as often anymore. But regardless, I am sorry that I did not take it into account and I hope that you don't think I am a complete idiot.

Also, my point of view hasn't changed much since I was young, I know it sounds unlikely but it's true. Pokemon is one of few things that I have known for most of my life so I have never thought of it any differently than the day I first learned of it's existence. But again, I hope you don't hate me for being arrogant, I regret it and hope you can forgive me.

Y´know, the Litwick family is based on the hitodama, some sort of japanese folklore about a blue, purple or black flame associated with ghosts. It´s just combined with furniture that give the atmosphere creepy feelings, or at least most of those used in (haunted) mansions. The Vanillite family is made of NATURAL snow. I think the Vani at the start of the names are just some wacky inclusion(?), and you can see it sits over icicles. Klink and Trubbish...Yeah, those aren´t that cool or creative.

The reason Pokemon DESIGNS are getting more eccentric(?) is because there are other designers...Some of the concepts seem fresh though.

Anyway, some Pokemon from the start were already weird.

All valid points, but did you take into account magikarp? Your arguments are invalid because magikarp used splash.

Hey guy, just realize that Pokemon is aimed towards the younger audience, and they don't hate on the fact they own a Lv.100 double shot ice cream cone. So realize Pokemon is doing a darn good job at trying to please both the younger and the older audiences, and should give them a little credit. Plus coming up with 649 Pokemon isn't easy. It's not the easiest thing to make such "original" Pokemon. Granted, the old red and blue were the best, but don't hate on the new Pokemon because 1-2 or even 10 of the designed weren't good enough.

Another good point, but I'm not hating on the entire generation, just the ones I'm not a fan of, this thread was asking if people agreed or not, I'm not saying that I hate all pokemon of the new generation, infact I actually have a chandalure I'm just not a fan of how they designed it that's all. And you are right, coming up with over 600 original animals would be hard but it's not the animals I dislike it's how they were depicted, and even there it is merely the fact that they aren't that well thought out is all. Besides, MAGIKARP will always be the best and I will always love him/her because MAGIKARP is awesome.

Yes, I don't fully agree with the look of Garbador and klinklang and vanilluxe, and them. I hated the starters the moment I saw them. But both through gameplay and card play, I've grown an appreciation for em. The designs aren't the best, granted, but its actually pretty solid characters. Magikarp was supposed to be derp. That was the point. I don't see the point in comparing him to the newest generation guys. And I wasn't trying to say your hating on the whole gen, rather just some individual designs. However it's just a matter of preference, and if we're just debating whether people like the klinklang, Garbador, and vanilluxe line, I can say I've disliked it, but grew to like it in time! :) other people might feel the same

Aztec325 said:
frankly, I'm not as big of a fan of pokemon past hoenn. but that's just me. i don't mind the others but sometimes i think they just stopped trying.

regigigas said:
What about Trubbish?

yes but grimer and muk are originals and trubish is basicaly the same thing with a different look.

So what if the other generation V Pokemon you hate were originals?
Anyway, I'm surprised no one mentioned Gurrdurr/Conkledurr yet. I mean, when I first ran into Timburr, I was excited and I couldn't wait to see what it evolved into. Then later it hadn't evolved yet, but I battled guy and he sent out Gurrdurr. I was like "IS THAT WHAT HE EVOLVES INTO! NOOOO!" Then I evolved him anyway because I figured he would look better on his last evolution, but then I saw Conkledurr...

Aztec325, you are clearly forgetting the existence of Magnemite, Magneton, Voltorb, Electrode, Grimer, Muk, Exeggcute, Ditto, Porygon. They are all based on inanimate objects and one is even just a computer program. Unova's Klink is a tribute to Magnemite, Turbbish is one to Grimer (of which Trubbish is much better done and arguably even adorable, mind you).
PS.: Garbodor & Stunfisk > Magikarp

My goodness, if 5th came first and 1st came 5th, we'd be saying the same stuff! "Tauros is a buffoulant wannabe" or "Grimer is a Trubbish ripoff" seriously, am I the only one who has read about "the silouette test?" they line up silouettes of pokemon and determine if they are shaped to similarly or not for new pokemon. This could've been done with stuff like Amoonguss and Parasect. Look, every gen has it's share of bad pokemon but in the end, the good ones outway the bad ones tenfold.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
My goodness, if 5th came first and 1st came 5th, we'd be saying the same stuff! "Tauros is a buffoulant wannabe" or "Grimer is a Trubbish ripoff" seriously, am I the only one who has read about "the silouette test?" they line up silouettes of pokemon and determine if they are shaped to similarly or not for new pokemon. This could've been done with stuff like Amoonguss and Parasect. Look, every gen has it's share of bad pokemon but in the end, the good ones outway the bad ones tenfold.

^This. I actually saw a comic that showed people complaining about Gen 5 Pokemon, then showed what they would say if Gen I was Gen V, and they were basically the same thing...

Why is there a thread up about this, if all it's going to do is cause fights among preferences? I think we should simply leave it to personal preferences, and not dispute what others think. Seems like a recipe for strife to have this thread up

regigigas said:
Cooltrainer Alan said:

^This. I actually saw a comic that showed people complaining about Gen 5 Pokemon, then showed what they would say if Gen I was Gen V, and they were basically the same thing...

You mean this one that I posted in YLYL way back when?
spheal_with_it__nostalgiafags__by_amastroph-d3e91yr.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back