Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters

Which TCG Franchise is Better?

• Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Cardfight!! Vanguard

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
I remember playing Dual Masters back when I was younger. but I don't remember too much of it. I just don't think that this new series is gonna revive the series all that much. The series seems much more childish than before and the cards don't look all that great.

Buizel said:
I remember playing Dual Masters back when I was younger. but I don't remember too much of it. I just don't think that this new series is gonna revive the series all that much. The series seems much more childish than before and the cards don't look all that great.

Kaijudo doesn't need the Animated Series to promote the TCG as much cause for people who recognize how much potential the game had back in the mid 2000's especially with it's huge success in Japan right now as their #1 TCG this game is going to succeed and might actually give both Yu-Gi-Oh! and Cardfight!! Vanguard a run for it's money. :p

Also I just recently got a deck going for this awesome TCG, me and some of my other friends have been playing this almost non-stop. I'm currently running Water/Nature, and one of my friends is running Darkness/Fire among other dual Civilizations as well.

We're also trying to get a League going for the TCG as well too including Promos and people can recieve badges of each of the 5 Civilizations in the game. As for the deck I'm playing here's a decklist of it so far with some cards I need to max out for it:

Creatures (22)

3 Prickleback
3 Cyber Sprite
3 Essence Elf
3 Aqua Seneschal
3 Razorhide
3 Rusalka, Aqua Chaser
3 Bronze-Arm Sabertooth
1 Milporo, Council of Logos

Spells (18)

3 Sprout
3 Logos Scan
3 Crystal Memory
3 Return to the Soil
3 Veil Vortex
3 Root Trap

Deck Total (40)

With this 2 Civilization combination I wanted a deck with lots of mana ramp, spot removal/bounce, and drawpower and this deck delivers on that criteria. Been thinking about replacing Essence Elf cause while it's great for Aggro decks this deck isn't just straight-up Aggro, ya know?

Does anyone know what the best deck ratio is for Kaijudo/Duel Masters? So far my deck is like 22 Creatures and 18 Spells. I've only bought 1 Booster Box of Kaijudo and I later found out that the Dojo Edition and Base Set have the exact same cards in them it's just that the Dojo Edition is 1st Edition and Base Set isn't. I've noticed other decks played in my area have Water/Fire as one of the best 2 Civilization combinations as with Darkness/Nature which can hold it's own quite well.

Great news, Wizards of the Coast has recently announced that Kaijudo finally now has Organized Play as well as Sanctioning being opened as well!

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/24391.html

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/24360.html

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsH2NQBwe7k[/video]

I played Duel Masters with my dad for some time and dropped it eventually. I still prefer Pokemon, but duel masters is pretty good.

Yeah Kaijudo is still pretty much in it's infancy right now with only 2-3 expansions out with the next expansion to be released in March 2013 according to TheKaijudoChannel on YouTube. It's still a ways away from catching up to Cardfight!! Vanguard but it'll get there in due time I think.

Kaijudo is actually slightly cheaper than Pokemon is right now considering that the only staple cards I can think of for each Civilization are Stormspark Blast for Light, Tornado Flame for Fire, Terror Pit for Darkness, Crystal Memory and Veil Vortex for Water, and Root Trap for Nature. Several of those cards are actual reprints from the original Duel Masters TCG btw.

Back