Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

If you look at Cincinno it doesn't have a rarity, and you can see Deerling and Gothita on the scan, so I'm assuming they both are from the Mega Audino deck :)

Yep just checked the font shade in the set logo is not the same as AoPK so these are from the M Audino Battle Deck, confusion over :)

So... Target Whistle+Lucario anyone? Anyways, will get the lucario, cause the art is just... amazing :)

Except Whimsicott comes after Jigglypuff in the National Dex.
True true, but the Pokémon company has not real been following any sort of rubric lately. (Random fighting support {Regirock EX}, every card is an anti-mega card, and Zygarde EX is basically another Lucario EX) o_O:mad::confused:

I think this could see some play. Maybe in expanded with Blastoise to one shot Baby Xerneas? In standard it might be okay with Mega Manectric as a non ex attacker.

this card might see some play in palkia ex to one shot opposing regice ex, slap on a fighting fury belt and this thing is ex level and can 1 shot most stage 2s pretty good non ex atker for water decks :) only needs 3 energy and can retreat for free with manaphy. Also it can use max elixer too, maybe palkia sets up for kyurem to 2 shot every 180 hp pokemon xD might be a fun archetype but cant see as competative because we are in a 1 shot meta right now with night march and shaymins.

This is standard plasma kyurem but now it is white kyurem and we have no colress machine or power conect deyoxs in the form of regirock for fighting types. Blizzard burn is the same name as the plasma kyurem as well...might as well make the first atk frost spear...

Last edited:
It's an interest tweak on plasma kyurem. Unfortunately no power connect for it
Only real substitute is empoleon.

If there's white kyurem, then surely Black Kyurem in not far behind. Time to see some awesome Black Kyurem artwork, baby!

It may see play, but it's not a card I intend to use. The art looks beautiful. Kawayoo always does such a good job with the art. However that side effect with Blizzard Burn isn't really something I want to throw into the game. :/

You can use this card in M Manectric to one-shot Baby Yveltal on a 1-prize attacker, yes.

Raikou does this too, while being useful against most of the rest of the Yveltal deck.

Yay, White Kyurem! The card itself isn't that great, but it has awesome artwork and it's a Water-type, a first for White Kyurem. I assume Black Kyurem is next. Still, it bugs me that they're including these dragons in the set and there's just 1 Dragon-type card in it...

Edit: Meh... I don't think Black Kyurem is in the set, unfortunaly. Legendary Shine Collection (the only japanese set so far to feature both forms) puts Black Kyurem before White Kyurem. Since White Kyurem is #19 in this set (right after Glaceon-EX), there's no space for Black Kyurem (assuming they would order them the same way for this set).

Last edited:
Yay, White Kyurem! The card itself isn't that great, but it has awesome artwork and it's a Water-type, a first for White Kyurem. I assume Black Kyurem is next. Still, it bugs me that they're including these dragons in the set and there's just 1 Dragon-type card in it...

Edit: Meh... I don't think Black Kyurem is in the set, unfortunaly. Legendary Shine Collection (the only japanese set so far to feature both forms) puts Black Kyurem before White Kyurem. Since White Kyurem is #19 in this set (right after Glaceon-EX), there's no space for Black Kyurem (assuming they would order them the same way for this set).

Maybe Black Kyurem will be in the set following then. It would make a certain amount of sense. I mean, we're still waiting for M. Latias to follow her twin M. Latios into the card game.

I get that it's weird to have only 1 dragon card (Kingdra EX) in this set to date. But let's look at another side here. Number of unique dragon type White Kyurem's in tcg; 4. Number of unique water type Kyurem's in tcg: 1 now. The record for Black Kyurem looks the same bar that water typing card right now. It's worth the sacrifice, at least in my book.

Last edited:
Blizzard Burn is that the same move like the promo version
No
XYP_EN_XY81.png
the promo has flare blizzard so that is probably what u were thinking of. Btw I think the y10 is better that the promo and the older ones

Looking at that current set list got me thinking. Are any of the deck exs going to get FAs? I mean Diancie and Regirock are of course just junk exs like Togekiss, Emboar, and Palkia however Zygarde finally getting in the TCG NEEDS a FA. While ever since XY5 they have had all Megas with FAs. While Audino is a card I could care less for I just want to know if they are making FAs for those two. I actually have no idea what they will do here o_O
They have little to no chance at full arts. All EXs that didn't get a full art in Japan have a low chance of getting one here. For example, Emboar, Togekiss, Palkia, and perhaps a more significant card, Aegislash EX, all did not receive full arts in Japan, and subsequently did not receive full arts here in the U.S.

i never heard of any fairy drop (フェアリードロップ) item in the games...

ho-oh BREAK's attack name is Shining Flame

crobat break's attack is silent bite

Last edited by a moderator:
Back