News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Sep 6, 2017.

1. HouchinsDJ Aspiring Trainer
    HouchinsDJ

Sure, I get that. You obviously have to play smart with it. I just think having the ability to get a KO on many things with a Choice Band AND completely remove all the energy on your opponent's side of the field is worth considering.

2. Decaying Hero Aspiring Trainer
    Decaying Hero

Yes aqua patch because of first attack

3. Alakazam90125 Aspiring Trainer
    Alakazam90125

Not very good! GX attack has a powerfulish effect but too high cost- will not be played
    3/10

4. AFEX Eon Duo Rules!
    AFEX

Attack 1 can power up attack 2 and GX attack

GX attack is beyond ludicrous.

This could be really good with Blastoise in expanded, not seeing much standard potiential.

5. LiftoffLizard Hoenn Nerd
    LiftoffLizard

I super like this w/ ninja boy. Move all energy and change Pokémon for surprise factor. Yveltal EX Guzzlord GX, any strong basic attacker that requires a certain bit of energy.

6. GammAndrew Aspiring Trainer
    GammAndrew

Can't really see anything in standard now, but in Expanded with Blastoise it might be kinda cool

7. Xeynid Aspiring Trainer
    Xeynid

Solgaleo GX with water energy and this guy.

It's possible to use palkia in standard, but that seems a lot weaker than solgaleo/salazzle/garb, so I don't think anyone will really use that approach.

8. Kietharr Aspiring Trainer
    Kietharr

If it's played in standard it will be with Silvally for sure, but I think that is dependent on there being a reason to run Silvally/Water. Right now, Golisopod is very good and the best Silvally/Water variant I've seen is Silvally/Lapras, and Lapras is unfortunately grass weak. Palkia isn't very good against Golisopod either due to it being very energy efficient and requiring you to stack a bunch of energy to threaten an OHKO.

9. The Revolutionaire N Aspiring Trainer
    The Revolutionaire N

More interesting than Dialga. GX attack cool against Turbo Dark/Gardy GX/Raichu GX, 2° attack nice like Keldeo EX

10. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

It's pretty meh, but you can hit for some big numbers.

11. basilisx Aspiring Trainer
    basilisx

Expanded getting Keldeo 2.0, cool stuff

12. Ilir Nikqi Aspiring Trainer
    Ilir Nikqi

Advanced Member Member

It has 180 hp to many attacks that can knock it off, while u use that first attack

13. Shining Goodra 2017-2018 Competitive Season 0/400
    Shining Goodra

This could be a very nice 1 of add in to Lapras decks, and WaterBox decks, as with Dialga GX, a 1 of in metal, it's that card that can be set up and win you the game right then.

14. Rindon Aspiring Trainer
    Rindon

Aqua patch can’t be used with this Palkia. And although pontential vs darkrai, Raichu, Gardevoir etc...it requires way too much energy for a 150 attack. In addition Gardevoir gets OHKO with one energy so even if you remove all energy vs Gardevoir it is probable that Gardvoir gets KO next turn

15. bloombloom2017 Aspiring Trainer
    bloombloom2017

It may work well with water tool box in expand

16. Xeynid Aspiring Trainer
    Xeynid

Fire memory

17. BKRapper Aspiring Trainer
    BKRapper

Advanced Member Member

**Walks into the room**
    **Looks around and sees Palkia GX and it's exorbitantly priced GX attack**

I want nothing to do with this...

**Leaves room**

18. Tarin Stierheim Aspiring Trainer
    Tarin Stierheim

Advanced Member Member

The FA looks great! I’m pumped that they did indeed make a full art for him.

19. skawt boop
    skawt

It's not... terrible... just not playable in standard due to Gardevoir unless you somehow build it on your bench and then it immediately dies the next turn when they attach one energy.

20. M revergence Aspiring Trainer
    M revergence

Could see some play for its gx move... I guess?

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 19 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?