News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Sep 6, 2017.

1. bangiras Aspiring Trainer
    bangiras

News Staff Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017

2. TatsuyaOrimuta Aspiring Trainer
    TatsuyaOrimuta

This is kinda cool, it'd be better if it was water type or if dragon actually hit anything for weakness in standard but it's still kinda cool

3. Grear Bylls Aspiring Trainer
    Grear Bylls

The first attack is fine. It works if your opponent can't get the KO. Hydro Pressure can get pretty strong. 2 shots early game, one shots late game, if you're lucky. Not bad. GX attack though. Whoooo! Guzma up a Tapu Lele, OHKO with Choice Band and get rid of all Energy on the field. I see this being good. Not game breaking, but useful

4. Dar Ksereth Aspiring Trainer
    Dar Ksereth

oh wow that's... pretty terrible, can't even aqua patch the energy.

5. Sword.N Aspiring Trainer
    Sword.N

We have just had Keldeo-EX's ability reprinted,and here comes its attack o_O

6. elFacho Aspiring Trainer
    elFacho

That GX attack is really cool against Raichu GX and Gardevoir GX. The cost can be a bit of a problem since Water energy boosting isn't as good as it used to be (Yes, I know we still have things like Palkia EX, GRI Rayquaza, Max. Elixir and Aqua Patch, but if we compare it to Steel type boosting, water types are a bit weaker than Steel types in that regard.)

7. Charjabus Beep Beep
    Charjabus

It's still too pricey even with the presence of aqua patch.

8. Sword.N Aspiring Trainer
    Sword.N

Maybe the card can find its place in Archie/Blastoise decks for its fairy weakness instead of grass.The GX attack is cool but also expensive.

BeheeyemBREAK likes this.
  9. TatsuyaOrimuta Aspiring Trainer
    TatsuyaOrimuta

Not really Aqua Patch since Palkia GX is dragon, but I agree it is really expensive

10. SmiteKnight *trumpeting intensifies*
    SmiteKnight

Its not even a metal type or attacks for metal energy and yet it still messes with gardy.

11. Dar Ksereth Aspiring Trainer
    Dar Ksereth

messes with anything really, not much is gonna be attacking for one energy next turn, hell in fact i'd say gardy's one of the few that cares the least about it, you'd end up with 5 energy on you, they literally have to draw 1 fairy (and they have many in the deck now) and it's an OHKO.

speaking of, since attack effects apply before checking for KO's, would the energy on whatever is active also be shuffled?

12. Kietharr Aspiring Trainer
    Kietharr

Could see it in expanded with Archie, but it's definitely not viable in standard. It kind of takes advantage of aqua patch in that you can patch benched water types then use the first attack to move water energy to it, but that's frankly too slow for a pokemon with 180 HP these days, you can't really rely on it lasting more than a turn.

The GX attack isn't nearly as good as it would have been a few expansions ago when turbo dark was winning everything. Most good decks these days don't bloat their field with energy if they can help it due to Lele being everywhere. Any utility this would have against Garde is negated by fairy weakness.

Garde will OHKO any Palkia that has enough energy to use the GX attack with one attachment anyways.

13. bunnybird12 Aspiring Trainer
    bunnybird12

Too bad it's not any better. Palkia is one of my favorites!

14. uncleyuri

I mean if you put this in Archie's and hit a Darkrai with the GX attack with a choice band it's pretty much game.

15. Mr. Rhyperior The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
    Mr. Rhyperior

• Palkia-GX - Hahahaha!! @jessalakasam I am always right. The Basics! Dragon-type weak to Broski, accesible to Heavy Ball. The attack 1 is clutchy on the Hydro Pump (BTW, Hydro Pump is the attack name not Hydro whatever), the GX attack is so frikingly amazing. Yeah, 5 Energy is expensive, but 5 Energy can deal 160 on Hydro Pump, not bad. For now, we don't have good Water Support. Aqua Patch won't help because it isn't a Water-type, but Max Elixir can or Silvally-GX, in addition for giving Palkia the ability to float (Free Retreat), can. Water-type wasn't get too much popularity ATM, but as long we have a good Water Deck and a Water Support, Palkia deserves 4 Geodudes. I forgot it can deal up to 200 for 5, with Choice Band and Devoured Field. It can OHKO most Stage 1 GXs.

16. Higginjoe Aspiring Trainer
    Higginjoe

Advanced Member Member

Yes, Palkia GX's effect would put the soon-to-be-discarded Active's Energy back into the deck.

17. Mr. Rhyperior The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
    Mr. Rhyperior

Palkia-GX is not a Water-type. Aqua Patch is useless. Aqua Patch works on Water Pokémon

18. Tytus Aspiring Trainer
    Tytus

Gardivior you are dead wha ha ha ha ha

19. HouchinsDJ Aspiring Trainer
    HouchinsDJ

To everyone saying it's not a Water Pokémon so it's not very good... Why not run it as a tech in a Water deck? Aqua Patch onto your benched Water Pokémon and then use its first attack to load it with energy. I don't think it's strong enough to build a deck around, but as a tech in Ninetales or Lapras? I think it's worth running one.

20. Dar Ksereth Aspiring Trainer
    Dar Ksereth

because then you have a pokemon with 180 hp and almost all of your energy sitting in the active, which should not pose much problem for the opponent to KO. if it was an ability that allowed you to move the energy then this thing would be insane.