BW/BW2 Infinite use TMs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shimama-man said:
:O
Maybe they'll do away with HMs then?
NO MORE HM SLAVES
I highly doubt if HMs are going to go anywhere. They're probably still in the game, but they haven't revealed yet what types of HMs will be usable in the game. But they are most likely going to be in the game.

Perhaps they will make tms harder to find and buy because of this. I think it could be a good thing depending on how people use it

For everyone saying it's going to "completely ruin the game" and "everyone's going to abuse them" here's several points to consider.

First of all, about the metagame, which I don't care about personally. In the metagame, everyone's Pokemon all practically have the exact same moves anyways, especially on netbattle and such. So that would be nothing new there. The only impact it has on that is competitive players won't have to breed for TM moves now.

As far as in game and casual battles, there are other ways of getting more TMs anyways. If someone really wanted to they could just get the TMs and transfer them over, or even hack.

I love the infinite use TMs and they are not going to put such a huge dent in the game a some are thinking. If anything it might cut down on the hacking somewhat (maybe)

Decmaster said:
That's what I think. It'll ruin the game to only have to get one TM and then be able to use it over and over again. This will be way too broken in competitive play and game-play alike. And for all you people who are saying this is a change for the better, now, it seems great. But later, it will start to drain the fun of the Pokemon game.
The Spook said:
I agree with you.After a while everyone will get bored seeing all of their pokemon having the same move.I think that the pokemon will not be unique like they are with they're moves different from each-other.

They never said you had to play like that. You could limit yourself to one use per TM, or no use, just like people saving there rare candies up.

I do not see how it will break competitive play. Little Johny won't have to play Voltorb flip for days or Battle Factory to get enough TM's for his team. It is beneficial because nothing stopped someone from ever having 6 Pokemon that knew Earthquake on their team, it just took a long time to get the legit way.

Tarazuma said:
For everyone saying it's going to "completely ruin the game" and "everyone's going to abuse them" here's several points to consider.

First of all, about the metagame, which I don't care about personally. In the metagame, everyone's Pokemon all practically have the exact same moves anyways, especially on netbattle and such. So that would be nothing new there. The only impact it has on that is competitive players won't have to breed for TM moves now.

As far as in game and casual battles, there are other ways of getting more TMs anyways. If someone really wanted to they could just get the TMs and transfer them over, or even hack.

I love the infinite use TMs and they are not going to put such a huge dent in the game a some are thinking. If anything it might cut down on the hacking somewhat (maybe)

This is how I feel. I don't think they'll make them as easy to obtain, also. They most likely won't have a very large impact on gameplay.

Phazon-764 said:
They never said you had to play like that. You could limit yourself to one use per TM, or no use, just like people saving there rare candies up.

Another excellent point, I didn't even think of this. If anyone thinks it's so bad, just use the TM once if you want each Pokemon to have unique moves.

And yeah SinnohTrainer, they may also make them harder to obtain. Even if they don't the gameplay will still be fine.

Hey, there's no agree/disagree flame war! Then, I say, this is the best idea ever (not really the best)!

The Spook said:
I agree with you.After a while everyone will get bored seeing all of their pokemon having the same move.I think that the pokemon will not be unique like they are with they're moves different from each-other.

Decmaster said:
That's what I think. It'll ruin the game to only have to get one TM and then be able to use it over and over again. This will be way too broken in competitive play and game-play alike. And for all you people who are saying this is a change for the better, now, it seems great. But later, it will start to drain the fun of the Pokemon game.

I am going to have to disagree with both points here. You'll have to give some move variety in order to do well. Besides, it is possible that the VGC will no longer be doubles, but triples with the swapping attacking Pokemon. You'll have to keep the variety in order to fight the different types of Pokemon.

I feel it would be better if there were no tms in the wild, just like berries, to make it a little harder to acquire your move.

Fail.

I prefer having to plan ahead of time. You know...strategy?

Unless TMs are REALLY hard to get, I highly doubt that I'll like this. :/

Decmaster said:
people hack for TM's anyways, so it makes no difference

Why do you guys think this is going to break competitive play? You think people go into tournaments having their Pokemon know stupid crap like Dig and Discharge because there's only one copy of Earthquake and Thunderbolt is obscenely expensive? Of course not, don't be silly.

Think about it. How many TMs do you _actually use_ over the course of the game? Not many, I'd wager, and a good chunk of them that are actually _good_ can be purchased, which effectively makes them infinitely usable anyway. The rest of them are stupid stuff no one cares that they now have 80 trillion uses of like Bullet Seed and Taunt.

Even if gen 5 has its own TM list, this isn't going to be as horrible as you guys are making it out to be. So you have multiple pokemon that can learn Earthquake? Fine. Now you're saving time by giving it to those Pokemon. It's not likely that your entire team is all gonna be able to learn the same TM (stuff like Earthquake), and if it can, your team either really sucks, or you're doing some silly gimmick team in which case you have no reason to complain.

And as someone else mentioned, if this really bothers you, then only use it once and never use it again. Infinite use TMs are nothing but a convenience, but I'm curious how they're going to explain it in-game.

PMJ said:
And as someone else mentioned, if this really bothers you, then only use it once and never use it again. Infinite use TMs are nothing but a convenience, but I'm curious how they're going to explain it in-game.

It makes sense if you think about it. Before i would always wonder why TM's and HM's were made so different that TM's broke after one use and HM's didn't. Now neither of them will brake after one use :D

I'm just gonna say this: Best Black&White news ever!!!
It's so boring when you need another good attack to teach your pokémon and you just find that there's only one available in the game. It sucked!!

how can someone not like unlimited Tms?? -_-
this is one of the best things in the game ..but good moves are probably gonna be really hard to find now

PMJ said:
Why do you guys think this is going to break competitive play? You think people go into tournaments having their Pokemon know stupid crap like Dig and Discharge because there's only one copy of Earthquake and Thunderbolt is obscenely expensive? Of course not, don't be silly.

Think about it. How many TMs do you _actually use_ over the course of the game? Not many, I'd wager, and a good chunk of them that are actually _good_ can be purchased, which effectively makes them infinitely usable anyway. The rest of them are stupid stuff no one cares that they now have 80 trillion uses of like Bullet Seed and Taunt.

Even if gen 5 has its own TM list, this isn't going to be as horrible as you guys are making it out to be. So you have multiple pokemon that can learn Earthquake? Fine. Now you're saving time by giving it to those Pokemon. It's not likely that your entire team is all gonna be able to learn the same TM (stuff like Earthquake), and if it can, your team either really sucks, or you're doing some silly gimmick team in which case you have no reason to complain.

i agree 100%;)

... What?

All of the negative responses make it sound like "non-breaking TMs" can also be tought to any pokemon.

It's not like this is letting everyone in your party learn Earthquake, this is letting you save money for the actual strategic part of pokemon: hold items and healing items.

Deciding which TM to buy and which pokemon to teach it to isn't strategy, because if you have enough money you can get enough TMs to just teach it to a few pokes as it is.

If anything, this is extra-convenient, and I like it. Maybe now my friend won't hack his games. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back