BW/BW2 Infinite use TMs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PMJ said:
Why do you guys think this is going to break competitive play? You think people go into tournaments having their Pokemon know stupid crap like Dig and Discharge because there's only one copy of Earthquake and Thunderbolt is obscenely expensive? Of course not, don't be silly.

Think about it. How many TMs do you _actually use_ over the course of the game? Not many, I'd wager, and a good chunk of them that are actually _good_ can be purchased, which effectively makes them infinitely usable anyway. The rest of them are stupid stuff no one cares that they now have 80 trillion uses of like Bullet Seed and Taunt.

Even if gen 5 has its own TM list, this isn't going to be as horrible as you guys are making it out to be. So you have multiple pokemon that can learn Earthquake? Fine. Now you're saving time by giving it to those Pokemon. It's not likely that your entire team is all gonna be able to learn the same TM (stuff like Earthquake), and if it can, your team either really sucks, or you're doing some silly gimmick team in which case you have no reason to complain.

And as someone else mentioned, if this really bothers you, then only use it once and never use it again. Infinite use TMs are nothing but a convenience, but I'm curious how they're going to explain it in-game.

i agree 100% with everything you said! im glad to see infinite use tms, im supprised that some people arent. its true ur opponents can teach multiple mons the same move, but so can you. we should all be glad that we can teach all of our mons moves like earthquake, overheat, and water pulse

This. Is. Great. Now here's a feature that really makes the game even more excellent. One time TMs were a waste of time IMO. I absolutely love this.

dmaster out.

Finally! Now I do not have to scour (how do you spell that?) random stores to find something like Dragon Pulse!

I'm still a little confused on how many people are looking at this as if it's going to be terrible/ruin the gameplay/ect o_O I doubt it's going to be a problem. I'm excited for this feature ^_^

This is atleast in my top 5 of B&W news, love it. For the people who think this is going to "ruin" the battling part of pokemon here are some points.

Competitive play: This is in NO way going to effect competitive battling. Do you really think after a guy taught his Salamence Earthquake through a TM that he didn't teach his Aerodactyl it because he already used it?...No way, he just had to go online and find another one. If anything this is a blessing to competitive play, they were gonna give their pokemon atleast one of the same move through TM and now it's made easier.

Casual play/Story mode: Again, I really don't see how this is a bad thing. "OH PEOPLE ARE GONNA ABUSE EARTHQUAKE AND SUCH"...first of all you're not going to encounter anyone BUT the trainers inside the game, so what other people choose to do with their game is completely irrelevant to you. Secondly, if it REALLY bothers you that you used Ice Beam on one of your Pokemon and it's still there...just ignore it. Pretend it's not there...use your Poke'Imagination of some sort. Thirdly, how does this ruin the strategy of the story mode, if anything (And I believe someone said this already) this will make you SAVE money so you can actually buy the things that you USE in battle. (Healing, X attack [Does anyone really use those now a days? lol], etc.)

Overall love the idea, very convenient. Good job Game Freak.

Densetsu said:
This is atleast in my top 5 of B&W news, love it. For the people who think this is going to "ruin" the battling part of pokemon here are some points.

Competitive play: This is in NO way going to effect competitive battling. Do you really think after a guy taught his Salamence Earthquake through a TM that he didn't teach his Aerodactyl it because he already used it?...No way, he just had to go online and find another one. If anything this is a blessing to competitive play, they were gonna give their pokemon atleast one of the same move through TM and now it's made easier.

Casual play/Story mode: Again, I really don't see how this is a bad thing. "OH PEOPLE ARE GONNA ABUSE EARTHQUAKE AND SUCH"...first of all you're not going to encounter anyone BUT the trainers inside the game, so what other people choose to do with their game is completely irrelevant to you. Secondly, if it REALLY bothers you that you used Ice Beam on one of your Pokemon and it's still there...just ignore it. Pretend it's not there...use your Poke'Imagination of some sort. Thirdly, how does this ruin the strategy of the story mode, if anything (And I believe someone said this already) this will make you SAVE money so you can actually buy the things that you USE in battle. (Healing, X attack [Does anyone really use those now a days? lol], etc.)

Overall love the idea, very convenient. Good job Game Freak.
i agree 100% with you lol

I'm more suprised there are people worried about multiple Pokemon with Hyper Beam. Ignoring the fact that Hyper Beam can be bought at a Department store IN BULK, it's a relatively useless move in competitive play. Even in cases where you aren't going to have Pokemon with perfect IVs and natures and EV spreads, an attack like Body Slam would do more damage in the two turns it takes to use Hyper Beam.

But yeah, this is pretty awesome news. Now I don't have to spend thousands of dollars at the Game Corner to get Ice Beam or go through the Battle Tower multiple times to get Earthquake.

Maybe they'll explain it away by saying that, being a far away region, Isshu's technology is superior to that of Kanto's/Johto's/Hoenn's/Sinnoh's.

if you use it on your pokemon and its still there couldn't you just go sell it to a poke mart and make some money lol

Pretty awesome news! It always seemed illogical that something recorded the same way that an HM was would become unusable after one use.

This is amazing news!

Infinite use TMs really benefit players (like myself) who, after the E4, make a new team (sometimes multiple new teams, for in-game play) and need another copy of -insert TM here-. It's incredibly expensive to buy another copy of Ice Beam (and time-consuming to 'win' one). =P

Although now I'm wondering what would the difference between an HM move and a TM move would be, if TMs don't run out anymore it seems like there wouldn't be any use for HMs

HMs were always only good for using on the field, hardly any of them are useful in battle save for Surf.

Finally A Dont Have To Buy The Same Tm Again And Again And Again. A Happy Day For TM's.

I think it's a great move by nintendo. Competitive battlers already get whatever TMs they want, this just saves them time. For the casual player, this will probably prevent a good amount of people from buying action replays. It also, as Gliscor put it saves people hours. And it's not going to break the game. I'm sure Nintendo thought this out well before putting it into affect. While some things they do aren't necessarily the best, they aren't idiots, and I'm sure gameplay will be adjusted to this new mechanic.

Juliacoolo said:
I think it's a great move by GAMEFREAK. Competitive battlers already get whatever TMs they want, this just saves them time. For the casual player, this will probably prevent a good amount of people from buying action replays. It also, as Gliscor put it saves people hours. And it's not going to break the game. I'm sure GAMEFREAK thought this out well before putting it into affect. While some things they do aren't necessarily the best, they aren't idiots, and I'm sure gameplay will be adjusted to this new mechanic.

Gamefreak is a second party Company, meaning Nintendo doesn't have anything to do with the game besides publish it >.>

You guys are saying "Earthquake on every Poke!!!" What if your running a special sweeper >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back