iisnumber12's Worlds Update Thread

King Piplup said:
That won't be known until tomorrow morning when the competitor packets are given out.

Anyway, I'm likely heading down to the open gaming room soon...

I figured. :( Oh well we'll know in like 18 hours.

Zorua said:
I would die if it was in NY, but frankly NY is an awful place to hold any event. The last event held in NY was 2008 VGC Regs, a whole 4 years ago.

I almost went to that. NY would be fun except for the price of hotels. Aren't they like $400 a night?!

Well, not 400$ but if you want to stay somewhere decent actually in the city, it'd be along the lines of 175-200$ a night minimum. I went to the regional back in 08' (lost so bad) but it was a lot of fun.

If it was in NY (not happening but just in case), you could stay an hour away for fairly cheap. Heck, you could take public transportation from miles and miles away and get anywhere in the city for no more than 5$.

Back from Open Gaming. Saw Glace and blargh257. Looks like a ton of Darkrai Mewtwo and Kevin Nance.

iisnumber12 said:
Back from Open Gaming. Saw Glace and blargh257. Looks like a ton of Darkrai Mewtwo and Kevin Nance.

Pretty much! I ended up popping my head in for like a minute, then going to the Mexican place. Going down fairly soon though.

Zorua said:
Well, not 400$ but if you want to stay somewhere decent actually in the city, it'd be along the lines of 175-200$ a night minimum. I went to the regional back in 08' (lost so bad) but it was a lot of fun.

If it was in NY (not happening but just in case), you could stay an hour away for fairly cheap. Heck, you could take public transportation from miles and miles away and get anywhere in the city for no more than 5$.

You would let me stay in your basement, right?

So worried about CMT tomorrow in grinders... Meet blargh and saw iis again.

King Piplup said:
So, so worried about the chance of Lost Remover, depending on what I play (main event).

I'm using it. Swings the CMT matchup unless they use Tornadus.

Well last nights shopping experience was horrible-3 hours in a que when they litraly had only 3/4 people on stalls.Still got a Reshiram Plsuh and a Victini Figure tho:p

The line took hours, but it was worth it. For those of you with invites, how are you doing? I'm 0-2 right now :(

^By any chance did you play Magneboar?

MY REPORT:

Round 1 vs Darkrai Mewtwo?
I open lone Tynamo and they donk me with Mewtwo DCE. :(
0-1

Round 2 vs Vaniluxe
I open with Smeargle and set up 3 Eels on turn 2 and get 2 Mewtwos on the board. He has 2 oddish, 3 vanilite, and a victini. I portrait to see that he only has 2 Twins and a Vileplume, so I pass. He topdecks candy. Wow. He passes and I attach and pass. He topdecks Cheren, drawing a Vanilish and an Energy. He plays those and passes. I continue to attach and pass because I can't portrait because all his supporters are topdecks :(. Eventually, he has 2 loaded Vaniluxe, Vileplume, Oddish, Victini, and a Vanilite. He sees that I only have Mewtwo to attack and proceeds to attack with Vanilite. I am forced to KO him with Mewtwo. He double freezes out the first Mewtwo. I then return the KO with my Mewtwo. When the second Mewtwo is down to 10, he plays twins with it being 4-4 prize cards. I call the judge and it goes through a HUGE ruling, and I'm only able to get 1 prize card for the penalty. He got to search his deck which was a huge advantage allowing him to know he needed to play FSL. He double freezes for awhile and it comes down to him needing to get an 0-1-1 line of Vaniluxe and 2 Energies of an N to 2 in 2 turns. He hits his last to Cherens and wins.
0-2

Round 3 vs Magneboar
I knew I needed to win this to have any chance. I don't remember exactly how this game went, but I was sweeping and then he KOs my Terrakion and I dead draw. He has 1 Switch and 3 Junk Arm discarded, so I catcher his Emboar. He drops 4 Energies and takes a KO. I catcher the other one and he decks out, lol.
1-2

Round 4 vs CMT
He starts by pretending hes playing Durant and scaring the heck out of me because I started with Mewtwo. I find out hes playing CMT and I sweep because he dead draws.
2-2

Round 5 vs HammerTime
He starts slowly and I am able to load a Terrakion and take 5 prizes. He Hammers me out and is starting a comeback. He drops a Shaymin to heal his Darkrai, and I catcher it to win.
3-2

Round 6 vs Darkrai Mewtwo
I just remember this as any other game against Darkrai Mewtwo. I win the prize trade because I KO his EXs in one attack. End of story.
4-2

Round 7 vs Nance deck w/ Nado EX
I open lone Tynamo and he almost donks me. He whiffs the DCE and I am forced to PONT immediately. I hit no searchs cards and my only basic is a Mewtwo. I bench it, retreat for it, and attach and Evilolite. He sends up Tornadus and Catcher KOs my Tynamo. Next turn, I can get out 3 Tynamos, but I have to pass after that because I still havent hit a lightning. He hits my Mewtwo for 80. The game is downhill from here because I don't hit a lightning until turn 7. What a horrible way to lose.
4-3

I guess I can say I'm happy with finishing 38th. It's not great, but it was better than last year and I did very well considering my luck.

Props:
"And I got Donked"
Making a huge comeback
Doing better than last year and a lot of my friends
Kyogre Kid
HAWAII duh
Flamingos
Doing better than Chris Kan

Slops:
"And I got Donked"
Bad Rulings
Not top 32ing
PBS grinding in
Losing the Bubble Round.

I believe the reason that the penalty was only a prize card is because it could be reversed. Had he actually selected his cards and shuffled, then it'd be a multiprize penalty or game loss depending on what the judge felt like.

It's only a game loss if you play a 2nd Supporter that makes you shuffle your hand into your deck and then do that iirc.

Back