iisnumber12's Worlds Update Thread

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
Hey guys, I just arrived in Kona Hawaii and I'll use this thread to keep you all updated. Feel free to ask questions and comment.

Cool! Where are you staying? I'm staying at the Kolea.

Also are you going to be at the open play area tomorrow?

In the gaming room last night there were a couple of Japanese traders,selling Sleeves,Deck Box's etc.

Pokepower22 said:
In the gaming room last night there were a couple of Japanese traders,selling Sleeves,Deck Box's etc.

I wonder if they had prior permission from TPCi to sell as mandated by the rules. Probably not. There was a Japanese guy selling pretty noticeably last year in SD and he never got called on it, but I was more discreet and got called on it twice. I'd be curious to know how they were approved if they were, though. I hope there's people selling even if not approved.

If you want to be able to sell at Worlds I'd suggest making a ticket on the Support Portal asking.

King Arceus said:
If you want to be able to sell at Worlds I'd suggest making a ticket on the Support Portal asking.

I sent them an email (the one listed in the document) and a support ticket on August 1. No reply. Do you think it'd be ok to just ask them when I get there tonight? It seems kind of unfair that this Japanese guy can sell and I can't, especially since I received no answer from TPCi.

I think they were allowed BUT there was no judges there i dont think.

Also Game Room wise i think it would be a good idea to go about 9-10AM,i dont think anyone will be going earlier but ya never know.

Pokepower22 said:
I think they were allowed BUT there was no judges there i don't think.

Also Game Room wise i think it would be a good idea to go about 9-10AM,i don't think anyone will be going earlier but ya never know.

Just curious, why did you think the sellers were allowed?

Personally, if they're not allowing sellers, I wouldn't ask. Then, if they say no, they're on the lookout for you, assuming you're going to try anyways. That's just my 2 cents.

There are a bunch of people in the open gaming room selling/trading. I havent seen many people selling, but I'm pretty sure most are.

Did they announce where 2013 Worlds was? Someone said it was in New York but I don't really believe that.

Mudkip711 said:
Did they announce where 2013 Worlds was? Someone said it was in New York but I don't really believe that.

That won't be known until tomorrow morning when the competitor packets are given out.

Anyway, I'm likely heading down to the open gaming room soon...

I would die if it was in NY, but frankly NY is an awful place to hold any event. The last event held in NY was 2008 VGC Regs, a whole 4 years ago.

Back