Pokemon If Pokemon were real...

FlyingChainChomp said:
So if Pokemon were real... what would a Beedrill look like? Would it be size of a regular bumblebee or would it be gianormous and hideous looking with those creepy eyes and mandibles...

Each one would be 1 metre tall if I'm not mistaken.

Just think...
Normal Pokemon - Domestic Pets
Fire Pokemon - Stop Erupting Volcanoes
Water Pokemon - To make it rain or help you swim
Grass Pokemon - Help people in foreign countries to grow crops
Electric Pokemon - Keep powerplants running - Restore power in power cuts.
Fighting Pokemon - Lift heavy objects, (Builders and carpenters)
Bug Pokemon - Help artists with their paintings etc (String Shot)
Ground Pokemon/Rock Pokemon - Stop earthquakes
Psychic Pokemon - Teleport you to places

They all pretty much have their own jobs...

If Pokemon were real, our trash bags would be transformed into Trubbishes and Garbodors. Lovely.

Heh...STORY TIME

SO when I was in day care...so like grade 2-4 we would always play pokemon. We would also try and dig up the bushes hoping for it to be an Oddish or a Bulbasaur xD. There was a big rock in the middle of our field that we had. I would always go and knock on it and say "Ooooooonix wake up." xD.

If pokemon were real...football wouldn't be the dominate sport...pokemon battling would :3

catutie said:
If pokemon were real...football wouldn't be the dominate sport...pokemon battling would :3

Football played by Pokemon... Now that's entertainment. But you couldn't have repeats of pokemon on your team (that includes only one of each evolution line). So like if you have Machamp, no machop or machoke.

But if pokemon were real, I'd catch a Snorlax and Pidgeot or some other big bird to fly me around and some sort of water pokemon to go surfing with. Like Lapras or Seismetoad

xD. "And Machamp passes to Raichu and...TOUCHDOWN!!!!" Oh god...hilarity

I want a Flygon...that is all

I see someone like Throh or even Infernape being a better quarterback HAHA. Someone tell pokemon to make an episode about that!!!

Going to stick with my guns on this one: Oshawott would keep my water bill down, Tepig would keep my house warm in the winter, and Snivy can get lost.

If pokemon were real that would be amazing, but you're right how would pokemon centers be free? And all the other things you've put out there, it just wouldnt work. They obviously wouldnt be free with the way this world is, but i remember when i was little i always pretended i had pokemon and would go about my business in the woods and pretend to battle and catch pokemon. I had a pokeball that i got from the toy store that had a pokemon in it so i'd use that and i always had an eevee with me. i miss being a kid, it was easier to imagine things.

catutie said:
Do you think they would be allowed to use their attacks and stuff (e.g Porygon-Z using Tri Attack and Thunderbolt)? If so, I don't think it would be called "foot"ball anymore.

Also, for people saying that Pokemon would mean the end of the world, keep in mind that humans from the anime can survive a ridiculous amount of Pokemon attacks *coughashgettinghitineverysinglemoviecough*, so it would be likely that we can as well.

Anime=/=real life, that's why people attempted to have this discussion. You guys can have fun talking about this, but you would all die. Chandelure running around sucking people's life energy (essentially killing them) Hypno kidnapping children, doesn't one of Pikachu's dex entries state it can store something like 10,000 volts in its cheeks? That would kill you. And Pikachu's attack is well under average-if most Pokemon deal more damage than 10,000 volts of electricity would its safe to say we would die.

Not if you had your own pokemon. What a chandelure after my soul? Garchomp used crunch. People keep dorgetting that people would have pokemon too

They're called legends for a reason- they're only going to wake up once in a thousand years (and if they do, we'll all be screwed).

Um, the only legendaries that are actually sealed away in any form in the video games or anime are Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyogre, Groudon, and Regigigas (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong). So, every other legendary is free to walk the earth and cause destruction. And to the person who said you could use your own Pokemon, this isn't the video games: Pokemon aren't going to only be at a low enough level for you to manage. "Here's a level 5 basic, kid. Sucks that it won't help against the level 55 Gyarados destroying the town."

Legends would be smart enough to make limited contact with humans. It would be the nearest gym leaders job to protect people from particular pokemon. Im pretty sure they have various teams, lile one for gym battles depending on youre badges, and one powerful real team

You are missing my point. How would people be able to train Pokemon. Obviously you wouldn't be able to catch anything high level without a Pokemon of your own, so you'd have to get a weak one and train it. But how? In the Pokemon games, all the Pokemon on route 1 are conveniently level 2 and 3. But it real life, how would that happen? You would have stronger Pokemon roaming around everywhere about who would walk all over you weak Pokemon and kill you. And that's if you get lucky enough to run into weak ones you can catch first.

Here are my ideas:
You can get an official pokemon at age 10
You can leave on a journey over summer break at age 15
Most people don't reach the elite four because the journey takes a year and most challengers are 18 and up.
People get pokemon from their professor, gym leader, family member, etc.
Wild pokemon are attracted to humans, thats a fact
Many pokemon tend to have families and its not uncommon for a child to befriend one.
A breeder or family member may have a spare egg or young pokemon.
Check the official fanon pokedex on tvtropes for rules.

If Pokemon where real then other than master balls we would not have a way to tame them and master balls could not exist. Did you ever notice how in the games the Pokemon you are battling are always at a level you can handle? In real life that is not going to happen. instead high level Pokemon will be everywhere and unless you start with a level 100 you will get destroyed the second you step in to tall grass.

Back