• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard I Need Help With My Garchomp/Lucario Deck

masterofmew

Ɗamien
Please give me suggestions on what to do with this deck like what to add or take away, thanks! I want to make it fit the next rotation for the 2018 season!
Pokemon - 18
1 Gible BKP 68
3 Gible ULP 97
2 Gabite ULP 98
3 Garchomp ULP 99
1 Garchomp BKP 70
2 Riolu ULP 66
2 Lucario ULP 67
2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
1 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
1 Oranguru ULP ULP 114

Trainers - 32
4 Cynthia ULP 119
4 Ultra Ball SLG 68
1 Field Blower GRI 125
3 Choice Band GRI 121
1 Max Potion GRI 128
2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
2 Guzma BUS 115
1 Brigette BKT 134
3 Looker ULP 126
2 Professor Kukui SUM 128
1 N DEX 96
1 Counter Catcher CIN 91
1 Float Stone BKT 137
1 Pal Pad ULP 132
2 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
1 Energy Recycler GRI 123
1 Hau SLG 61
1 Evosoda XY 116

Energy -10
8 Fighting
2 Double Colorless

It's way too early to be modifying decks for the next rotation..

With that said, I'm a little confused by your Trainer counts/inclusions.

Only two Puzzle of Time? A Hau? Oranguru ULP and three Looker?

If you're running Puzzles, you want to give yourself the highest probability of being able to draw into them/search them with Lucario. There are betters draw Supporters than Hau, and I think the Oranguru ULP+Looker combo just makes this deck unfocused and clunky. You're going to want to be playing Cynthia every turn once you're set up so Looker will be useless, and you don't really need to get resources back into your deck because you have other options to rely on to do that (Puzzle of Time, Pal Pad).

I would thicken the counts of your necessary Trainers. Another N or two, another Brigette, a second Field Blower, two more Puzzle of Time. I would also add two more DCE since those are absolutely needed.

Would you recommend removing Looker/Oranguru for another field blower, 2 more puzzle of time and another N. I only wanted to play one N because of Cynthia and I didn't think N would be necessary so I only added one.

I would say there are a lot of cards that don't need to be in this list, so instead of naming the changes I'll give you an updated list:

Pokémon: 16

4 Gible ULP 97
2 Gabite ULP 98
4 Garchomp ULP 99
2 Riolu ULP 66
2 Lucario ULP 67
2 Tapu Lele GX GRI 60

Items: 20

4 Ultra Ball
4 Puzzle Of Time
4 Rare Candy
4 Choice Band
2 Field Blower
2 Pal Pad

Supporters: 12

4 Cynthia
2 N
2 Sycamore
2 Brigette
2 Guzma

Energy: 12

8 Fighting Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

You also forgot Rare Candy which is vital for stage 2 decks, and the Breakpoint Garchomp isn't worth playing a 1 of. I hope I helped, but my list was made to be modified so feel free to make any changes you think are necessary.

Thanks so much I will make the necessary changes if needed. And is there a certain strategy with to play with this deck?

Get lucario out with garchomp and use lucario's ability to search a cynthia so garchomp hits 200, or cards like Puzzle of Time so you can use 2 at once to recover cards (never play a single Puzzle unless you are absolutely desperate)

Where is Spiritomb ULP? You need to pull Cynthias back to keep attacking for 200 with Garchomp. For one energy Spiritomb pulls back 2 supporters.

Between Puzzle of Time and Pal Pad, that's more than enough ways to recycle Cynthias. If you use all 4 Puzzles and 2 Pal Pads for exclusively Cynthia, that's 12 available. Spiritomb would be inefficient requiring energy and attacking.

I'm thinking on the side of facing a Garbodor deck and not relying on items

At least from what I see Garbodor could make a small comeback before rotation.

I'm thinking on the side of facing a Garbodor deck and not relying on items

This deck already requires a lot of items in setting up between Ultra Ball, Rare Candy & Choice Band. By the point of the match when you'll be needing to recycle Cynthia, Trashvalanche will probably be powered to take knock outs anyway. Playing Spiritomb would be a free prize for them since that's a turn you're not trading prizes 1 for 1.

Should I remove a Choice Band for a Spritomb?

I would advise against that. Spiritomb is more of a liability than a resource. Puzzle of Time and Pal Pad provide plenty of solutions to recovering Cynthia. Spiritomb requires an energy attachment and your attack for the turn. That means that you get 2 Cynthia back without using an item at the cost of not taking a prize with Garchomp that turn and your opponent knocking out Spiritomb or something more precious on your bench with Guzma.

Also your Choice Band are very important resources as the only way to deal enough damage to get OHKOs on most Stage 1 and 2 GXs in the list. I'd recommend keeping those in.

Maybe as a one of (Vulpix), and take out the BP Garchomp for another ULP, trust me the BP one doesn't work as you'd want it to.

Maybe as a one of (Vulpix), and take out the BP Garchomp for another ULP, trust me the BP one doesn't work as you'd want it to.
What about on the new decklist?
I would say there are a lot of cards that don't need to be in this list, so instead of naming the changes I'll give you an updated list:

Pokémon: 16

4 Gible ULP 97
2 Gabite ULP 98
4 Garchomp ULP 99
2 Riolu ULP 66
2 Lucario ULP 67
2 Tapu Lele GX GRI 60

Items: 20

4 Ultra Ball
4 Puzzle Of Time
4 Rare Candy
4 Choice Band
2 Field Blower
2 Pal Pad

Supporters: 12

4 Cynthia
2 N
2 Sycamore
2 Brigette
2 Guzma

Energy: 12

8 Fighting Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

You also forgot Rare Candy which is vital for stage 2 decks, and the Breakpoint Garchomp isn't worth playing a 1 of. I hope I helped, but my list was made to be modified so feel free to make any changes you think are necessary.

Oh,

-2 Gabite (You don't need this heavy of a Garchomp line)

+1 Riolu
+1 Luario

Why I did this is becuase the "search for any card if you have a Garchomp in play ability" on Lucario is way to good to help get out your Cynthias.

Hope I helped. \_*~*_/

Oh,

-2 Gabite (You don't need this heavy of a Garchomp line)

+1 Riolu
+1 Luario

Why I did this is becuase the "search for any card if you have a Garchomp in play ability" on Lucario is way to good to help get out your Cynthias.

Hope I helped. \_*~*_/
There is only 2 gabite

Back