How have YOU changed as a member?

Honestly, that's more for everybody else to tell me.

Porygon Z.0 said:
I don't feel like such an outsider any more. I know more about the site and the members although I still don't know WPMs gender >.<

-PS is WPMs pic in the photo thread?
Ya, her pic is in the thread :D

Also, it seems everyone thinks they were noobier when they first joined..... No one seems to admit personality change which I've noticed in many members.

The only differences between the me that joined three years ago and the current me is that my name is green, I know what the shift key is, and my age isn't a single digit.

Juliacoolo said:
Well Blake, I've been here a little over a year... that's a long time.....

Also I forgot to mention in my previous post.... the biggest change I've had is my typing. When I first joined PokeBeach I typed like 15 words per minute. Now I'm at like 120.

I've been here for three years and I don't even have six thousand. Heck, CCloud has been here for four and barely has over three thousand. ;p

Well, as a member of the site, I haven't changed aside from becoming a Super Moderator (which is a pretty massive change, I know). I believe I've always used proper grammar and spelling, I've always followed the rules, and I've always been around in Fan Creations... Which was pretty much all I ever was as a member, just someone who got involved in discussions I liked and drew Pokémon and showed them to the other members. Of course my role is much larger now - I contribute artwork to the site, I assist in moderation of the site, and I can work on things moderators work on.

This site has really changed me as an artist more than as a member. (I guess if you count being an artist as part of being a member, then it has changed me a lot.) It's pushed me to do so much more than I would have had I not joined, and I've learned so much - I've tried countless styles, gotten so much better at Sugimori-style, my ability to do digital art has increased an insane amount, and I feel like I have a decent grip on some helpful techniques that may assist me in the future. All thanks to those who supported me (and those who were against me) - I couldn't have done it without you. ;D

Edit: Oh yeah, I don't think I've changed my usertitle at all / in a very long time. It may have been "Arceus Freak" at one point, but it's been "Disappear to a place beyon seeing..." for quite some time now. So that hasn't changed, either.

Well when I joined, I was a pretty smart teenager. Pokebeach turned me into a failing student who cant stop refreshing the page to find a new post :/

Juliacoolo said:
Also I forgot to mention in my previous post.... the biggest change I've had is my typing. When I first joined PokeBeach I typed like 15 words per minute. Now I'm at like 120.

That's slow. I type about 40 words per minute.

I've become a better trader. I've also improved my spelling and grammar.

I went from putting up my energy restore electivire FB tangrowth deck up to putting my near perfect sablock up.

also I got a superb avatar

i uded to be bored during the summer.
now im slightly less bored.

but seriously, I used to be a spammer lol. I think im better now.

I used to be generally stupid and active.

Now I'm a bit smarter on the internet and nowhere near as active. I've made maybe 150 posts since the beginning of this year.

Juliacoolo said:
Well Blake, I've been here a little over a year... that's a long time.....

I've been here for 2.5 years. I've only made a little over 4000. I also know 3/4 year veterans that have made less than me. 7000 in a year/year and a half is a LOT. I don't think anyone has that high of a ratio.

Celebrating my first year on PokeBeach! Yay :D

Anyway, yes I've chanced alot. I'm just growing older I think. Still have to learn alot :P

Yes JC, I've been here for 2,5 years, and you have my amount times 7 :eek:

So.. I think I joined as a noob, trying to get better. And now, I'm a noob that has given up the higher goals.

But it's probably that no one knows me because I'm not american.

Meh.. I'm still a noob. lol

Nothing has changed, and nothing will change. :L
...Except, I've been kinda inactive a lot. :<

I was noobish to start, but I ended up getting straight about a few months after joining the forum. I'm active every day (which is why my post count is ridiculously high...)

I want to explain mah story nao.

Well, when I first joined, I was asking to be a mod. Making stupid threads. Infact, I was banned once. I spamed. Infact, up until December I was a total n00b. I made that is Lady Gaga a dude thread. Dam that was person of me. Anyway, until about Feb, I was fine. I Quit trading. It was sordy driving me crazy. Before this I spamed. I learned what rules really meant. And here I am. Been here for over a yeah and have a pretty high post count. I'm also very active. At one point, I completly quit PB. I wasen't on for like a month. Then I stumbled on it again. And well, here I am. lol

I joined and was interested in TCG stuff. Was a slight nub and very serious and slightly sarcastic.

Now I'm not interested in the TCG, at the Writing Corner everyday, changed skin color, and still am very serious and slightly sarcastic. =D

Well when I came here, I played pokemon. Now obviously I don't, but the people on this site are way too sexy for me to leave. I think it's funny how my first posts were stupid, especially in the trading corner. I'd say something like "I'll trade you blah for blah if I don't trade it to blah first" or something n00bish like that xD I'd also like to think my sarcastic and wee pervy side has come about, too.

LoneTyranitar said:
Biggest change i have made is that i no longer play Pokemon. I quit after Platinum:Arceus came out. Funny, i have more spending money. Anyway the only reason i list this as something that has happened while to me while at Pokebeach is because after viewing a thread on metagame decks and upcoming format switch i was like, "okay well thats the end of that". If i wouldn't have viewed that thread then i may not have stopped playing. Regardless, im glad i did. My only regret is that i would have quit sooner.

Holy crapp, ^THIS. Looking back, I find it COMPLETELY idiotic to be spending so much money on the cards. I've paid $60 for silver shaymin sleeves and $50 for maroon pokeball sleeves because of my lost obsession. I regret everything from pokemon; The driving hours to tourneys, spending tons of $$$ for the latest deck, and wasting my whole day playing for prizes like a couple pack of cards. The only positive thing I've gained were meeting amazing friends there <'3

I used to play the TCG, too. Now I don't. I've also grown a lot more mature and a lot less random. And I think I even stopped putting emoticons in every post I made. :D jk

Back