Pokemon Have you ever had a "Dumb Luck" catch?

I will leave this open for further discussion. In the future, though Luxury, try not to post in threads older than 2 weeks. Thanks!

Bippa vs Giratina, in Platinum

I brought 30 Ultra Balls, 15 Great Balls, 20 Dusk Balls, and 1 PokeBall.

Guess which ball caught Giratina?

If you guessed PokeBall, you're right.

Most of the time I forget to stock up on Pokeballs. Well in Platinum I ran into Cressila and I only had a few Mat Balls left so I throw one and it was caught without any damage done. Also when I ran into Mesprit all I had was one Dive Ball left. So I caught it first try no damage. And battling Azlef I used a Luxray Ball as soon as I start the battle and catch it. Same with Uxie except it was a Pokeball.

In SoulSilver I ran into Latios and I only had a Heavy Ball left. So I caught it. Also when I battled Zapdos I throw one Quick Ball and catch it. And when I run into Raikuo I throw one Poke Ball and catch it.

Ho-Oh at full health on Gold with a Great Ball. All the guys at school were jealous of me. *happy look*

When I was in the Snowpoint Temple trying to catch Regigigas,I came in with 300 regular pokeballs,and when it dwindled down to just one left,I caught it.

Another dumb luck capture is when my friend somehow managed to catch Zekrom in the first Dive Ball he used.

I scored a critical catch on. Karrablast. For those of you who don't know, the ball only shakes once, and has a very high catch rate. It is rare, but not as rare as shinies.

A while ago in my Emerald I was throwing Ultra Balls at a Rayquaza with full health that wasn't effected by a Special Condition because I was bored, and then it caught. It was pretty neat, because I was have lots of issues catching it because all my Pokemon were much lower levels.

Another dumb luck capture is when my friend somehow managed to catch Zekrom in the first Dive Ball he used.
I know a guy who did that too. Perhaps Zekrom likes Dive Balls?

When Heartgold and Soulsilver were big, my brother bought 99 ultraballs to catch mewtwo. He had to reset 4 times because he kept using all of them. I bought 99 as well because i though it would take me just as long. I caught him on the 7th one. He was furious.

I'm more surprised that some people here throw pokeballs at fully healed legendaries than the fact that they actually caught them. I haven't many "Dumb luck" experiences, but once I caught a Groudon on my 4th Ultra ball, which is kind of a big deal because I had few good balls and I didn't save. I don't know why, but sometimes it seems easier to catch legends if you didn't save beforehand.

I'm not sure this counts as dumb luck, but I went to try and catch the legendary birds on Fire Red. I tried Zapdos first, and had only 23 ultra balls. I ran out 3 times, before I finally caught it on like the 20th thrown ultra ball the 4th time. (It was red and paralyzed all 4 times.) I then proceeded to stock up on like 70 ultra balls for Moltres, so I wouldn't have to start over 3 times, but I caught it in my first ultra ball. >__>

I also found a shiny Electrike on Sapphire, and only had 1 great ball, and I caught it. I found a Shiny Bellsprout in the Safari Zone, and caught it. (with a safari ball obviously. I was so afraid it'd flee. <_<)

I caught Virizion with a Quick Ball I threw on accident. It was in the red and paralyzed. I also caught Registeel on Emerald with a Pokeball I used to power up my timer balls.:p

Trying to catch Virizion during night. Got it down to 1 HP with False Swipe and paralyzed. None of my Dusk Balls or Ultra Balls even get a shake. So I'm down to about 10 Poke Balls. First Poke Ball catches it.....

Pearl version. Tyranitar v Giratina. Hit him into the yellow with one Crunch, and threw a Dusk Ball. Done.

First try on heartgold, failed. I forgot to save and just defeated it.

About a month later after lots of training...

I caught it on full health on the first pokeball. It was scared of my high-level pokemon.

nOW THAT YOU MENTION IT, THIS IS REALLY JUST DUMB. i CAUGHT THE lv70 vOLCARONA with a quick ball without lowering its health and the same exact thing happened with kyurem. I know a quick ball works that way, but kyurem is weird with only a 1000$ Pokeball. And it is weird that I caught Volcarona. Considering it is one of the rarest Pokemon. Because it is the only Legendary that can evolve.

^Volcarona isn't a Legendary. Plus it can't evolve, but something evolves into it. Larvesta.

Quick Balls are the shiznits.
I use them first for everything. I caught Heatran, Tornadus, and something else I can't remember with Quick Balls.

Back