Pokemon Have you ever had a "Dumb Luck" catch?

keldeo91

Intermediate Hacker
Have you ever caught a Pokemon with pure "Dumb Luck?" By this, I mean catching a normally hard-to-catch Pokemon rather easily. Examples would be catching a legendary with a Poke Ball at full health, finding a shiny legendary in a small number of tries, or quickly finding a Pokemon in an area where it has only a 1% encounter ratio. One dumb luck catch I had was in Crystal, when I was actually attempting to encounter Raikou for the first time (he was not in my Pokedex as seen yet), I found him on the first encounter of the first patch of grass I tried. And what more? I caught him in a regular Poke Ball on that encounter without doing anything to him. The odds of that catch being successful are 0.4%, so I'd call that dumb luck.

My friend was catching Shaymin.

He sat there for 20 minutes, and ran out of everything.

Except 1 pokeball.

We litterally laughed at how sad it was.

Until he caught it.

With that last Pokeball.

That was interesting

keldeo91 said:
Have you ever caught a Pokemon with pure "Dumb Luck?" By this, I mean catching a normally hard-to-catch Pokemon rather easily. Examples would be catching a legendary with a Poke Ball at full health, finding a shiny legendary in a small number of tries, or quickly finding a Pokemon in an area where it has only a 1% encounter ratio. One dumb luck catch I had was in Crystal, when I was actually attempting to encounter Raikou for the first time (he was not in my Pokedex as seen yet), I found him on the first encounter of the first patch of grass I tried. And what more? I caught him in a regular Poke Ball on that encounter without doing anything to him. The odds of that catch being successful are 0.4%, so I'd call that dumb luck.
Sure when I was able to catch MewTwo with just a normal Pokeball, on my first try. I didn't even damage him.

yea i was trying to catch zoroark i ran out of i dont remember if it was great balls or ultra balls but i had one left so i was praying and bam i cought it

another time was i was in the temple of regigias just catching rare pokemon and bam i see a shiyn steelix

I caught a Kyogre at full health with a single pokeball. Good times. Recently I caught Zekrom on the first turn with a pokeball without damaging it. I was very surprised but apparently catching him is as easy as 123.

Last year,I recall catching an Azelf with a net ball rather easily,without lowering much of its health...

K-Obsessed said:
I caught a Kyogre at full health with a single pokeball. Good times. Recently I caught Zekrom on the first turn with a pokeball without damaging it. I was very surprised but apparently catching him is as easy as 123.

Reshiram and Zekrom actually have a catch rate of 45, as opposed to the usual catch rate of 3. The odds of catching a Pokemon with a catch rate of 45 with a regular Poke Ball at full health are 5.9%, whereas the usual 3 (this applies to most legendaries, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh, and most others), the same attempt would have a 0.4% chance of success.

Wild Terrakion.

I throw a fifth Pokeball, which happens to be a Nest Ball.

Terrakion GOT!

Insane luck, I say.

Now that you talk about it...

2 days ago, I went to Route 12 cuz I was looking for a Sunflora (which can only be found in the shaking grass patches), and it was the third time I was there to look for it... to my happiness, the 1st shaking grass I ran into, had a Sunflora... caught it... Don't wanna waste too many evo stones since there are so few of them in BW...

Used Emboar's Flamethrower on Zekrom, which burned him, then caught him in the first Ulta Ball.
I also bumped into Thundurus unintentionally and easily caught him with barely any PokeBalls in my bag.

The one dumb luck catch i can really think of is when i was catching the LG Victini with a pokeball at half health,it was pretty awesome

I caught the level 70 Rayquaaza with a poke ball after I put it to sleep and it had close to 1 hp.

I was catching Victini and I had ran out of every thing apart from a Timer Ball...

*Wobble*

*Wobble*

*Wobble*

*CLICK!*

Latias with a Net Ball.
Rayquaza in a Premier Ball (after like 40 turns).
Seeing my friend catch a Rayquaza in the orange after his first Ultra Ball. (He forgot to save afterward, silly boy.)
Finding a Dunsparce in Crystal (twice) without swarming. The first one I caught.
Catching a shiny Buneary in Diamond with my first Great Ball before the Chansey partner killed it.
Catching Giratina on the first Dusk Ball. (Well, it was the fifth battle attempt, but still.)
And those are just the ones I remember.

Oh yeah. I've got plenty.

Caught all Kanto legendaries with second great ball after doing 1 body slam to each. I was amazed.

my one dumb luck moment would be in soulsilver when I was trying to catth mewtwo but I forgot to heal my lead pokemon so I tapped the last item used button forgetting I last used a great ball on a electrode.. I caught mewtwo best moment of my life now if only that happened more often.

Back