• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Golisopod/Garbodor

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 4 Wimpod BUS 16
* 3 Golisopod-GX BUS 129
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 4 Trubbish BKP 56
* 2 Garbodor GRI 51
* 2 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 4 N FAC 105
* 4 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 1 Multi Switch GRI 129
* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 1 Heavy Ball BKT 140

##Energy - 10

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114
* 4 Rainbow Energy SUM 137
* 2 Grass Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I reckon by now everyone knows about this deck, but I want to know what you think about my list.

Why do you have Multi Switch? Its kinda weird here. Here are some suggestions:

- 1 DCE (I never used this on anything other than Koko, and when I use my GX)

+1 Grass Energy

- 1 Choice Band/Multi Switch

+ 1 Heavy Ball (Gets almost all your 'Mons)

Personally I think this isn't as viable without VS seeker can no longer span acerola and guzma to get into the active I prefer Golisopod with zoroark.... but I would go
-1 multi switch
-1 parallel city
-1 Skyla
+2 acerola
+1 grass energy

I would have at least 3 acerola. That card is so broken in this deck, its stupid.
This has been my main deck for awhile so I'll leave my list here.

##Pokémon - 18

* 4 Trubbish 56
* 2 Garbodor 51
* 2 Garbodor 57
* 4 Wimpod BUS 16
* 3 Golisopod-GX BUS 17
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 3 Acerola BUS 142
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 4 N FAC 105
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Heavy Ball

##Energy - 11

* 4 Grass Energy
* 3 Double Colorless Energy
* 4 Rainbow Energy

I honestly don't like Garb in Golisopod. This is complete and utter bias. Even though it's super good, I think there's better partners out there. Weavile is a really solid one since it scares Bulu, baby Ninetales, Gardy, etc. This is also a little biased, but Super Scoop Up isn't that bad in Golisopod, but you'd be sacrificing 4 spaces to play it, and TBH, you might be better off playing Float Stone. Parallel City is something you should drop for sure. It brings your bench down to almost nothing, which is something no deck wants in this metagame. I know that you intend to always use that side on your opponent, but I brought it up because it brings Golisopod's damage down by 20, which means that it hurts you either way. 4 DCE isn't all that good, since you only GX once a game, and Koko doesn't attack all that often. Bring it down to 3, I'm sure you won't really notice the difference, and it's something that be used for a better use of deck space. Multi Switch just isn't a good card. Even if you play Rainbow to attack in emergencies, you'd be better off just swapping the DCE for a 3rd Grass, and Multi Switch gives you a free space. Acerola is definitely something the deck needs, as it picks up nearly dead Golisopod, gives you the switch, and gives you your Energy back. Because you're playing little/ no stadiums AND you play Trashalanche, consider the 3rd Field Blower. Just gives you better Trashalanche results and more consistency when you need the card. Heavy Ball is good and super solid, so play 2.

I have been testing this deck at home and I struggle to get the switching working early on compared to using zoroark. Zoroark is good as once set up you don't have to rely on supporters etc. does anyone have any tips on what I should be doing early game to get the garb combo working well?

I honestly don't like Garb in Golisopod. This is complete and utter bias. Even though it's super good, I think there's better partners out there. Weavile is a really solid one since it scares Bulu, baby Ninetales, Gardy, etc. This is also a little biased, but Super Scoop Up isn't that bad in Golisopod, but you'd be sacrificing 4 spaces to play it, and TBH, you might be better off playing Float Stone. Parallel City is something you should drop for sure. It brings your bench down to almost nothing, which is something no deck wants in this metagame. I know that you intend to always use that side on your opponent, but I brought it up because it brings Golisopod's damage down by 20, which means that it hurts you either way. 4 DCE isn't all that good, since you only GX once a game, and Koko doesn't attack all that often. Bring it down to 3, I'm sure you won't really notice the difference, and it's something that be used for a better use of deck space. Multi Switch just isn't a good card. Even if you play Rainbow to attack in emergencies, you'd be better off just swapping the DCE for a 3rd Grass, and Multi Switch gives you a free space. Acerola is definitely something the deck needs, as it picks up nearly dead Golisopod, gives you the switch, and gives you your Energy back. Because you're playing little/ no stadiums AND you play Trashalanche, consider the 3rd Field Blower. Just gives you better Trashalanche results and more consistency when you need the card. Heavy Ball is good and super solid, so play 2.
I definitely agree with the acerola and heavy ball inclusions, but what makes the garbs such a good partner is the versatility the deck has. Being able to lock abilities against decks like metagross and gardevoir plus stopping octillery is just game changing.

I have been testing this deck at home and I struggle to get the switching working early on compared to using zoroark. Zoroark is good as once set up you don't have to rely on supporters etc. does anyone have any tips on what I should be doing early game to get the garb combo working well?
Well the ideal turn 1-2 is setting up a koko, wimpod, and trubbish with brigette. Your main priority is getting that turn 2 first impression to start putting on the pressure. After that your next objective is getting the ability lock setup (depending on the matchup). You then start using your guzma/acerola to keep taking prizes and end up using trashalanche for the late game.
The thing is you dont have to be using first impression EVERY turn. Golisopod has 2 other solid attacks. Throw a DCE on golisopod if you dont have the guzma, Armor Press can be enough most of the time, and if they have any 180hp GXs you can take a quick 2 prizes with Crossing Cut GX+choice band (plus thats a free first impression for next turn!)
I hope that answers your question. :)

I think people should start teching in Jolteon into this deck to give themselves an out against Volc.

I think people should start teching in Jolteon into this deck to give themselves an out against Volc.
It is too inconsistent. You need 2 Special Energy and he can Guzma/ Ranger the protection easily away. I like Jolteon and have also a Jolteon Glaceon deck but it is not good as tech.

It is too inconsistent. You need 2 Special Energy and he can Guzma/ Ranger the protection easily away. I like Jolteon and have also a Jolteon Glaceon deck but it is not good as tech.

A.) People don't use Ranger.

B.) if you don't have anything else on your bench they can't Guzma away the effect.

Profit.

I'd be more worried about having the energy knocked off, but honestly Enhanced Hammer and disruption decks in general aren't that common.

If you could run multiswitch magernea for gardy, you could run multiswitch jolteon or glaceon for volc.

A.) People don't use Ranger.

B.) if you don't have anything else on your bench they can't Guzma away the effect.

Profit.

I'd be more worried about having the energy knocked off, but honestly Enhanced Hammer and disruption decks in general aren't that common.
But Drampa GX is, and some players are starting to play Stardust Jirachi again.

You know Volc plays Salazzle, right?

Some do, some don't. You lose the fire match up any way, might as well give yourself the best chance of cheesing out a W.

But Drampa GX is, and some players are starting to play Stardust Jirachi again.

Why would you be playing Jolteon EX if they used either of those cards? A Jolteon tech is strictly for giving you a shot at winning the Volc matchup.

Some do, some don't. You lose the fire match up any way, might as well give yourself the best chance of cheesing out a W.

Why would you be playing Jolteon EX if they used either of those cards? A Jolteon tech is strictly for giving you a shot at winning the Volc matchup.
You brought up disruption, so I simply followed suit.

We already have an out to Volc in Garbodor. It plays tons of items and Trashalanche is there as a back up for the more difficult matchups.

Back