• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Golisopod/Garbodor

I honestly don't like Garb in Golisopod. This is complete and utter bias. Even though it's super good, I think there's better partners out there. Weavile is a really solid one since it scares Bulu, baby Ninetales, Gardy, etc. This is also a little biased, but Super Scoop Up isn't that bad in Golisopod, but you'd be sacrificing 4 spaces to play it, and TBH, you might be better off playing Float Stone. Parallel City is something you should drop for sure. It brings your bench down to almost nothing, which is something no deck wants in this metagame. I know that you intend to always use that side on your opponent, but I brought it up because it brings Golisopod's damage down by 20, which means that it hurts you either way. 4 DCE isn't all that good, since you only GX once a game, and Koko doesn't attack all that often. Bring it down to 3, I'm sure you won't really notice the difference, and it's something that be used for a better use of deck space. Multi Switch just isn't a good card. Even if you play Rainbow to attack in emergencies, you'd be better off just swapping the DCE for a 3rd Grass, and Multi Switch gives you a free space. Acerola is definitely something the deck needs, as it picks up nearly dead Golisopod, gives you the switch, and gives you your Energy back. Because you're playing little/ no stadiums AND you play Trashalanche, consider the 3rd Field Blower. Just gives you better Trashalanche results and more consistency when you need the card. Heavy Ball is good and super solid, so play 2.
At first my favourite way to run Golisopod was with Zoroark/BREAK. I didn't like Golisopod Eevees because I personally don't think Eevees should be run unless the deck already runs Eevee, such as Espeon variants. But I fell in love with Goli Garb as many did after worlds after seeing how consistent it can be in a slower format and how it has a solution to every opponent. I still like Golisopod Zoroark but I am focussing on Trashalanche for now.

I didn't know Jirachi had been relevant for the past 6 months honestly. That was certainly the last time I saw it.
It really depends on your local meta I suppose, but Jirachi has a good place in the meta right now, and the better players I know have started to play it. It depends on what deck you play, since sometimes it would be better just to attack, but decks like Drampa Garb or something with a bad Golisopod or Hardy matchup would utilize Jirachi well.

At first my favourite way to run Golisopod was with Zoroark/BREAK. I didn't like Golisopod Eevees because I personally don't think Eevees should be run unless the deck already runs Eevee, such as Espeon variants. But I fell in love with Goli Garb as many did after worlds after seeing how consistent it can be in a slower format and how it has a solution to every opponent. I still like Golisopod Zoroark but I am focussing on Trashalanche for now.
Like I said in my first post, me not liking Garb is totally biased, but I think I hate Zoroark and Eevees more.

Like I said in my first post, me not liking Garb is totally biased, but I think I hate Zoroark and Eevees more.
The only deck I would run Eevees in is Espeon Garbodor because it is so effortless to just slip a Flareon tech in there to improve the Goli matchup (I would say VeeGee but not sure that is still a thing anymore, lol) or Jolteon for Mega Ray. Zoroark is fun because it is such a great alternative attacker and everyone loves Pokémon BREAK.

We already have an out to Volc in Garbodor. It plays tons of items and Trashalanche is there as a back up for the more difficult matchups.
This is more or less true, unfortunately that even with garbs the matchup is still abysmal. You would have to use resources like koko promo, field blowers, and rainbows VERY effectively to even have a tough matchup instead of an autoloss.

This is more or less true, unfortunately that even with garbs the matchup is still abysmal. You would have to use resources like koko promo, field blowers, and rainbows VERY effectively to even have a tough matchup instead of an autoloss.
I don't know, though. The only hard counter to Volc I can think of is Jolteon-EX which has been suggested but I don't think I like it in this deck. If Jolteon is truly necessary then of course I will make room for it, but can any of you think of a more consistent out to Volcanion?

I don't know, though. The only hard counter to Volc I can think of is Jolteon-EX which has been suggested but I don't think I like it in this deck. If Jolteon is truly necessary then of course I will make room for it, but can any of you think of a more consistent out to Volcanion?
Jolteon is also a free retreater which makes it a useful pivot pokemon in worst case scenarios, I don't know if its worth the inclusion in the deck regardless, Turt is now a staple in every Volc skeleton and his shell trap ruins Jolteons strat by forcing you to take 2HKO on yourself. I think Volc comes down to outplaying your opponent as best as you can while making SURE you win your Gardy and Metagross matchups.

Back