Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Definitely Maybe!

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Eww!

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • You sick son of a...

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
Well, over here in England, we have no dissecting considering were are so mad that we might dissect a camel, so we have really nothing to worry about people complaining, but I really think they should stop, considering that we can already see what is inside an animal thanks to THE INTERNET. So instead of waisting thousands of frogs we can just waist one, take pictures and there we go.

Guys, why are we talking about "save the frogs" when the ones we dissect aren't even close to endangered? @_@

ditto_rules said:
People should dissect frogs that died of NATURAL CAUSES so we aren't murdering tens of thousands of frogs just to cut them up. Give the frogs who died naturally a legacy by teaching the students about biology in anphiboans that are not bioengienered to die. If schools can't do that, then justt use a standard Power Point slide and dissect 1 frog instead of 4 million.
SAVE THE FROGS!!!!!!!
Do you have how much money our already under-funded schools would waste to try and find frogs that died of natural causes? And what makes you think we could actually find enough frogs to disect? Besides, frogs lay hundreds of eggs, not just one or two at a time. There are plenty of frogs in the world, they won't die out anytime soon.

Also, people will learn more from a hands-on experiment than from a Power Point presentation. I do think people should be able to choose whether they want to disect the frogs, but since I'm interested in anatomy, I should be able to disect a frog so I can learn some of the basics and decide whether I want to pursue a career in human anatomy.

Powerpoints? Disection is a BREAK from powerpoints.

Most of us probably eat cows and pigs all the time anyway. What's so bad about killing a frog?

The reason frogs lay hundreds of eggs is because not very many of them survive from natural causes. :-/ Educate yourself on atopic before arguing about it. Frogs, infact, are dying out and rapidly. You're a very easy person to argue with. Obviously you should be able to choose whether you want to dissect the frog, but no. You should not be able to dissect a frog to see if you might want a career in anatomy. You're sacrificing a life (so be it, a frog, it's still alive) so you can consider maybe taking a job, that's wrong. People can learn the exact same things from a power point presentation, you can learn the exact place where the frogs heart is located, where it's intestines are, how it's organs work etc. I'd actually argue that you learn more from a power point. I assume you're being lectured at the same time as dissecting the frog so you're being distracted from the speaking by the frog which makes you retain less information then if you are paying attention to a powerpoint. The fact that there are so many other ways to learn about anatomy ex: books and the internet makes frog dissection at this point cruel. It would also be infinately cheaper for schools to use the resources they ALREADY possess (computers) then bringing in 20-50 frogs for each class.

May I repeat, PEOPLE NEED BREAKS FROM POWERPOINTS. Dissection is a great way of looking at things through other methods, as opposed to just writing down a load of text on frogs.

Reply's in bold.

banettewilldestroyallofyou said:
The reason frogs lay hundreds of eggs is because not very many of them survive from natural causes. :-/

That's in the wild, not a lab built JUST for raising frogs.

Educate yourself on atopic before arguing about it.

Yes, please do.

Frogs, infact, are dying out and rapidly.

Not the ones raised for the labs, and not all species.

You're a very easy person to argue with.

Even more so for you.

Obviously you should be able to choose whether you want to dissect the frog, but no. You should not be able to dissect a frog to see if you might want a career in anatomy.

Why not? He may decide that he want's a career in trying to save all these frogs that you say are rapidly dying out.

You're sacrificing a life (so be it, a frog, it's still alive) so you can consider maybe taking a job, that's wrong.

How is this wrong? We "sacrifice" cattle so we can have a burger or a steak. If you want to argue this, I really suggest that you make sure you don't eat ANY meat, use leather products, kill insects etc...

Again, what if he decides to learn more about frogs and how to save them?

People can learn the exact same things from a power point presentation,

No, you really can't. There is a HUGE difference between actually doing something or looking at some dull presentation on a screen.

you can learn the exact place where the frogs heart is located, where it's intestines are, how it's organs work etc.

It would be much less effective for showing where stuff actually is, or how to find it.

I'd actually argue that you learn more from a power point. I assume you're being lectured at the same time as dissecting the frog so you're being distracted from the speaking by the frog which makes you retain less information then if you are paying attention to a powerpoint.

Wrong! It's proven that people learn better by DOING. Sitting and looking at some slide show while someone lectures is really not as effective.

The fact that there are so many other ways to learn about anatomy ex: books and the internet makes frog dissection at this point cruel.

Re read the whole doing > observing.

It would also be infinately cheaper for schools to use the resources they ALREADY possess (computers) then bringing in 20-50 frogs for each class.

Can't really argue with you on that one. The school system is a joke as it is though, so I'm not even going to get into that.

DarthPika said:
Reply's in bold.

The reason frogs lay hundreds of eggs is because not very many of them survive from natural causes. :-/

That's in the wild, not a lab built JUST for raising frogs.

Educate yourself on atopic before arguing about it.

Yes, please do.

Frogs, infact, are dying out and rapidly.

Not the ones raised for the labs, and not all species.

You're a very easy person to argue with.

Even more so for you.

Obviously you should be able to choose whether you want to dissect the frog, but no. You should not be able to dissect a frog to see if you might want a career in anatomy.

Why not? He may decide that he want's a career in trying to save all these frogs that you say are rapidly dying out.

You're sacrificing a life (so be it, a frog, it's still alive) so you can consider maybe taking a job, that's wrong.

How is this wrong? We "sacrifice" cattle so we can have a burger or a steak. If you want to argue this, I really suggest that you make sure you don't eat ANY meat, use leather products, kill insects etc...

Again, what if he decides to learn more about frogs and how to save them?

People can learn the exact same things from a power point presentation,

No, you really can't. There is a HUGE difference between actually doing something or looking at some dull presentation on a screen.

you can learn the exact place where the frogs heart is located, where it's intestines are, how it's organs work etc.

It would be much less effective for showing where stuff actually is, or how to find it.

I'd actually argue that you learn more from a power point. I assume you're being lectured at the same time as dissecting the frog so you're being distracted from the speaking by the frog which makes you retain less information then if you are paying attention to a powerpoint.

Wrong! It's proven that people learn better by DOING. Sitting and looking at some slide show while someone lectures is really not as effective.

The fact that there are so many other ways to learn about anatomy ex: books and the internet makes frog dissection at this point cruel.

Re read the whole doing > observing.

It would also be infinately cheaper for schools to use the resources they ALREADY possess (computers) then bringing in 20-50 frogs for each class.

Can't really argue with you on that one. The school system is a joke as it is though, so I'm not even going to get into that.

Thank you so much, DarthPika, exactly what I would've told him. One thing that you missed is that the frog dissection would also help me find out whether I could stomach a career in anatomy. And banettewilldestroyallofyou, how do you think vets learn how to help animals who need surgery? They can't exactly learn where all of the organs are if the animal is still alive.

Her, thanks.

DarthPika: The eggs thing I only said because he was trying to use the fact that frogs lay hundreds of eggs as an excuse to make it right. True, not all frogs and not all species but D40 said that frogs weren't dying off, should've been more specific. This is the internet I can't tell what you intend to say. I would respect him if he did that but he can learn about them with ways other then killing them. I am a vegetarian, do avoid leather, and I avoid killing bugs whenever possible (I bring spiders and whatnot that get into my house outside, etc.) unless I can't see them. It's alos possible peopel are going to get squeamish with the real forg, which is not likely to be good for their learning but you do have a good point. And glad we can agree on something. ;)

No, definitely NOT. It's sick and immoral. The students can learn better from a book or online than to be grossed out or somehow enjoy this cruel torture. I honestly believe someone should murder a person, before killing a poor sentient creature like a frog, that would never kill something for sport like we people do. I don't know how anyone came up with frog dissection, the frogs don't war with us, dissection isn't even fun, it's not even fun, unless done by a masochist, and what more do the students learn from it? Maybe a little, but not much, and a life is sacrificed.
This was a very satisfying rant and I hope I saved some innocent frog's lives. Thank you if you listened to me.

First of all, it isn't torture, because the frog is dead. -_- Dissection teaches anatomy, which is vital if you want to be a vet who helps sick animals. And, though it may sound insane to you people, some people are interested in learning about anatomy so they can help sick animals and people. You can't do that if you don't know how everything is connected, and that is something that is almost impossible to learn properly from a book or a slideshow.

They have to die first. But, I guess it can help kids learn to be vets, so I'm not completely against it.

I have no problem with it... Even though I do love animals... But I do go hunting and fishing so yea... I did have to dissect a fish last year... Eww.

We had to disect a lambs heart, but that was different I guess since you only use the heart once its alreay dead.

Tbh, anyway who thinks frog disectino is wrong in principle should be a vegeatarian - (killing animals for our benefit is wrong kind of aproach) None of the people I know who are anti frog-disection have any reason, and they love to eat meat. Its just because some people find it disgusting, nothing wrong with that, although personally I believe that its perfectly fine. We are learning alot from those frogs. They died for a good cause :)

^ I actually agree with that in a way. If I saw someone talking about how frogs should be save and then eating a turkey sandwich for lunch I'd be a little miffed.

^ I actually agree with that in a way. If I saw someone talking about how frogs should be save and then eating a turkey sandwich for lunch I'd be a little miffed.
^ I agree too, I'm a vegan, but I think frog dissection is OK b/c it's for a good cause.

THBT Frog Dissections should be continued...

I'm gonna be third speaker (Opp)...

LOLZ... I love debates...

Well, I oppose this motion 100 percent simply because animals have rights to live...

On to my arguments. The oppositon's arguments are

1st - Inhumane
2nd - Invokes the will to do violent act (lol)
3rd - Impractical

Elaborate on your own...

Back