Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Eww!

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • You sick son of a...

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters

Blazing Typhlosion

Aspiring Trainer
Well, my teacher wants to be "new" and "creative" so she made a forum to debate whether frog dissection should be allowed or not... well I couldn't connect. So I made this: Frog Dissection Yes or No? So we spent two whole days looking at various sites to decide what WE think about frog dissection. So I thought that was pretty redundant, so I made this. This requires no prior research, and all it is is your own opinion. Lucky you!
I for one believe that it's okay, as they are meant to be killed. Doesn't affect the environment, just affects how you feel towards animals. So if you want to call me maniacle, sadistic, or just plain insensitive, I won't deny it. These things were meant to die! I mean, this should not say anything about my views on the world (even though it does). So, happy posting!

Nobody ever learns anything from a Frog disection. I don't have anything morally against the idea, but when you are taking a practical approach, it makes more sense to just read a website (although there is no fun in that).

I personally have nothing against it, but there are kids at my school (Heh, PETA Peeps) that do. I think it's a fine experiment and it provides some information about the anatomy of anphibians.

dmaster out.

They allow that in school????
I missed out, I only dissected Squids and Fish that died of natural causes. Also you have to consider will the kid's behave or will there be a frog heart in someone's hair?

I see no moral problem with it. The problem I have with dissection is that the smell of the preservative mixed with the sight of the insides of the specimen leaves me with a weak stomach. I guess I'm not the kind of person who looks at it as "fascinating".

The reason it's better to actually dissect a frog rather than look at images is because when you have the frog there in front of you, you can look at it in any way you want. You can find out where things are easier, and the hands-on approach is far better, imo.

A large number of people learn much faster and better by actually doing something as opposed to reading it or looking at a picture.

I absoultely hate learning about the insides of any creature. Peroid.

That is my only problem with frog disection...I don't truly care if the frog lives or dies.

^ Awww... it's a poor frog. At least give it some sympathy.

To me, if you can stand in an environment where kids are used to play video games where everything is being blown up, I don't see why you would be intolerable to a simple animal split open...

Just my opinions, of course.

My class han't done it yet, but other kids say it isn't as bad as they thought. The frogs have been sitting in a solution for a year, and there is no slimy gooey stuff left. I think that a virtual disection would be more apropriate.

Blazing Typhlosion said:
I for one believe that it's okay, as they are meant to be killed. Doesn't affect the environment, just affects how you feel towards animals. So if you want to call me maniacle, sadistic, or just plain insensitive, I won't deny it. These things were meant to die!

Animals are meant to die? Umm, yeah, I think you are just plain insensitive, at the least.

Also, it depends on what you're asking. Is your question "Is this morally right?" or "Wouldn't a computer program work just as well?"

No to both, BTW.

I think people have nothing better to do when they start worrying that its somehow "wrong" to kill a frog that was raised JUST for that purpose.

Zyflair said:
^ Awww... it's a poor frog. At least give it some sympathy.

To me, if you can stand in an environment where kids are used to play video games where everything is being blown up, I don't see why you would be intolerable to a simple animal split open...

Just my opinions, of course.

I kill bugs on the sidewalk for entertainment (Hey, there's my new Fun Fact)....if it is not a pet that somehow impacts my life, I don't truly care.

Anyway, a computer program really isn't going to give you the same experience as you would get doing the real thing, but it's fabulous for people that have weak stomachs. *coughmecough*

DarthPika said:
I think people have nothing better to do when they start worrying that its somehow "wrong" to kill a frog that was raised JUST for that purpose.

I think when people don't care whether something's wrong, eventually it will be.;)

I think it's perfectly fine. Especially when we dissect humans for research. If everything goes how I want it to, I will dissect human bodies for research.

Vergere said:
Blazing Typhlosion said:
I for one believe that it's okay, as they are meant to be killed. Doesn't affect the environment, just affects how you feel towards animals. So if you want to call me maniacle, sadistic, or just plain insensitive, I won't deny it. These things were meant to die!

Animals are meant to die? Umm, yeah, I think you are just plain insensitive, at the least.

Everything is meant to die. You can't make an amimal live forever, so why not let it be of some use to humans after it dies?

DogMaster40 said:
Everything is meant to die. You can't make an amimal live forever, so why not let it be of some use to humans after it dies?

It didn't sound like that was the way he meant it. If so, fine.

Blazing Typhlosion said:
I for one believe that it's okay, as they are meant to be killed.

Umm...no. They are meant to frolick like the dandy little frogs they are through nice little ponds full of happy flowers and sunshine.

What if you were a frog, and your name was Jimmy or something.

One day, your in your dandy pond, and the next day, a bunch of school kids are taking your apart because it looks cool. No says "poor Jimmy" All the frogs in the dandy pond are all wondering where Jimmy is. Guess what....Jimmy's dead! That's not good. No dandy frog deserves to die unless the fate of the universe depends on it.

That's why I decided to help out the dandy frogs and vote for option 5.

The frogs they use are raised specifically for this reason. These frogs are meant to die and be dissected.

Back