News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

It doesn't look textured. How is this a replacement for textured full arts? Looks like they peaked with Black and White and XY.

Rip tcg collecting.

Very interesting... It certainly sounds correct, but it'd be such a shame. And it shows poor foresight on Pokemon's part. Especially since Sharpedo and Camerupt did get EX's, but no Megas, for some reason. The biggest disappointment for me would be not getting a Mega Banette. It's one of my favorite Megas. Though it's probably unlikely, I definitely hope they continue making Megas as GX's, just to finish them up.

Now give us Alolan Gardevoir Game freak >:3
Oh, goodness. That'd be intriguing. Ha ha.

Does this kill the current meta?

GX stage 1 stats seem pretty powerful... as a newer player just buying into the game, am I screwed once these release?

Not gonna lie, they should at least release the rest of the megas just so all of them can exist. Heck some of them could've been in older sets;
- Camerupt and Sharpedo in Primal Clash (their base form EXs were in the set)
- Latias in Roaring Skies (to join Latios)
- Medicham in Fates Collide
- Pinsir and Banette in Steam Siege (seeing as those two megas appeared in the movie which was the set's theme)
- Sableye and Abomasnow could've had their own collection boxes.

I always thought Camerupt and Sharpedo could've just been in the Team Aqua/Magma set, or even then in steam siege too!
and agree with all the others!

Lurantis GX doesn't evolve from Lurantis, but from Fomantis, so it doesn't need 3 spots. So it's still possible 'Robinroot' has 2 formes.

But in EX Sandstorm, that had both a Dusclops card, and a Dusclops ex so there probably is a plain Lurantis card

Well, looks like I know what my deck is going to be next yuyear. BUGS ON THE ATTACK! I'd claim the one I have now is like that but spiders aren't bugs.

Does this kill the current meta?

GX stage 1 stats seem pretty powerful... as a newer player just buying into the game, am I screwed once these release?
The short answer: No, you're fine.

One way that I'm looking at this stage 1 GX is that it's similar to a Mega, but with a Shrine of Memories (because it has more attacks) and with no Spirit Link requirement (so it's able to use other tool cards). Yes, that's potentially more powerful than Megas, and it might be a little awkward once the first SM set is released (similar to when EX's came out in Next Destinies), but as the sets continue to release, more GX's will come out and more options will open up. Besides, there are still plenty of great cards in the current format to choose from. =)

I'm sooo excited for GX's to be evolved and basic Pokemon. Hurray! Now all we need are basic evolving pokemon that are not complete filler. :)

I'm really digging that artwork! I wonder if it will be textured like regular full art cards, or be like the non-textured full arts we get in the Red & Blue Collection Boxes.

I'm really digging that artwork! I wonder if it will be textured like regular full art cards, or be like the non-textured full arts we get in the Red & Blue Collection Boxes.
I think they'll be like Ancient Trait Cards (maybe the holographic ones), which is very dissapointing

I'm more on the line of 'OK' with it if they are making normal evolutions with them. The Legends have some silly-great abilities we'll see how powerful they are at least for sets they intend with GXes on the Lunala's GX attack isn't as silly as it only knocks out basics that aren't GXes which only nets one prize. We still need to see the prices of the attacks still though which now knowing the GX attacks aren't 'free' for an energy cost with the two GX we've seen so far.

It's goofy but we'll see where it goes.

By Lunala GX's current wording, it can KO any Basic EX as well, netting you an instant 2 prizes. Regardless of its energy or retreat cost, it's going to be competitive. With it's crazy good Ability, I'm already thinking of ways to accelerate energy and have it attacking by Turn 2; Wally into Stage 1s with α Growth traits. Stream basic Psychic energy with Professor's Letter and you get two free attachments per turn, not even counting Max Elixir. Move energy freely via Psychic Transfer and you're good to go!

By Lunala GX's current wording, it can KO any Basic EX as well, netting you an instant 2 prizes. Regardless of its energy or retreat cost, it's going to be competitive. With it's crazy good Ability, I'm already thinking of ways to accelerate energy and have it attacking by Turn 2; Wally into Stage 1s with α Growth traits. Stream basic Psychic energy with Professor's Letter and you get two free attachments per turn, not even counting Max Elixir. Move energy freely via Psychic Transfer and you're good to go!

I never said anything about EXes of course in the current format Lunala's GX attack will knock out Basic EXes but once we get to a Standard/Draft without EXes and only GXes it will only net one prize. It's quite clear in the design of that attack they are not going to make EX Pokemon for some time.

Also why would you want to use the Lunar Fall GX attack by turn two regardless of it's cost you only get one GX attack per game? I would think you would use a field of EXP Shares to keep the energy on the field then use Lunar Fall to end the game. I don't think Whiscash or Gorebyss Alphas are worth playing for the purpose of energy flooding.

I never said anything about EXes of course in the current format Lunala's GX attack will knock out Basic EXes but once we get to a Standard/Draft without EXes and only GXes it will only net one prize. It's quite clear in the design of that attack they are not going to make EX Pokemon for some time.

Also why would you want to use the Lunar Fall GX attack by turn two regardless of it's cost you only get one GX attack per game? I would think you would use a field of EXP Shares to keep the energy on the field then use Lunar Fall to end the game. I don't think Whiscash or Gorebyss Alphas are worth playing for the purpose of energy flooding.

Lol, you're talking about future rotations that are a long ways off from now. Of course EXs will eventually go to the wayside as they develop GXs and other things, but I'm talking about Standard format for the 2017 tournament season. It's going to be good with new cards after several S&M sets release, no doubt. But why wouldn't Gorebyss/Whiscash be good? They give up only 1 prize, and were bad previously, but this Lunala GX would actually make them useful, maybe even more than as techs if you're building around it. Even if you only run 1-1 lines, you have to realize in this era of the TCG, literally everything is searchable, and even more so if you're talking about Expanded. As a competitive player, I'm only looking at Standard, though. Either way, Ancient Trait was just an idea, it'll take testing and of course newer cards will probably introduce better combos and partners for it. Cheers!

*EDIT: Btw, I said to start attacking by Turn 2 with Lunala GX, I never said use its GX move right away ^^

(2 min ago, new record confirmed)

Also I'm generally shocked that they've made these massive jumps for stage 1's. :D

Back