News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

That Move Synergy with Mega Beedrill EX though

tumblr_inline_nugxocGSl61ss27h4_500.gif

Interested to see if ultra beasts are included in the tcg and whether they get their own mechanic as well

I'm thinking UBs will be something akin to a Supporter Card that can be played like a Pokemon, though I guess it comes down to what their ultimate roles in the main games proper are.

Last edited:
So if Lurantis is 6/60 in the Japanese one, that means that Rowlet's final evo doesn't have two forms?
1. Rowlet
2. Dartrix
3. Let's call him Robinroot ;)
4. Fomantis
5. Lurantis
6. Lurantis GX

Lurantis GX doesn't evolve from Lurantis, but from Fomantis, so it doesn't need 3 spots. So it's still possible 'Robinroot' has 2 formes.

Maybe this means they spread the excitement for lots of new pokemon over more sets than usual!! That would be awesome!

And Maybe we get Mega Sableye GX

Lurantis GX doesn't evolve from Lurantis, but from Fomantis, so it doesn't need 3 spots. So it's still possible 'Robinroot' has 2 formes.

Yes, but they'll probably include a non-GX version of Lurantis.

And just noticed this set releases on my birthday :3.

Could Lurantis GX have nice synergy with M Sceptile-EX at all? Maybe some non-Grass pairings with Lurantis (card text doesn't specify Grass energy specifically, a bit of a mistranslation there).

On the picture flower supply actually says 2 basic energy, it does not specify the type of energy, which could make some interesting combos I'm guessing?

Could Lurantis GX have nice synergy with M Sceptile-EX at all? Maybe some non-Grass pairings with Lurantis (card text doesn't specify Grass energy specifically, a bit of a mistranslation there).
I think that M Sceptile's energy cost is already cheap so it won't be worth evolving Lurantis

If we're getting 11 GX, and we know three of them, I need a Passimian-GX and Oranguru-GX. Now.

Its nice to know where the game is heading right now. I'm pretty much playing Pidgeot-EX until it rotates and thats going to be a good 4 years from now. The good thing is XY Evolutions will still exist in the SM format unless they do a super hard rotation. I just wonder how they are going to handle Mega Evolved Pokemon.They are canon now and shouldn't be thrown out for the sake of a new generation.

As for Pokemon GX themselves, their max HP may be 240 for stage 2 Pokemon but 250 isn't a bad number.

MY EVALUATIONS:
  • GXs - Since we know that these GXs can evolves like the old school ex cards, it'll be fun to play. I believe that EXs will still around because some Megas aren't given their BREAK in TCG like M-Abomasnow, M-Medicham, etc. Anyways,...
  • Lurantis-GX - It is pretty good in my opinion. Good energy accel for Grass, with the help of the Forest of Super Duper Giant Plants, it'll make you set up. Solar Blade makes it a regular move that 1-2HKO anything after or before using the GX move which is for me disappointingly not good for me. This One-hit potetial move can use once, as what other GX moves did. I wish we'll see a basic Lurantis to see its Pokedex info.

Snorlax GX has 190HP and Lurantis GX has 210hp. Does this mean regular Lurantis will have more hp than regular Snorlax? I don't think so.

If they continue in this route most stage 2 GX will have over 230HP easily.

Back