• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Fight Alone Lucario

I just had a quick question. Was wondering if anyone thinks silent lab or paint roller could work in this deck. Silent lab could really hurt shaymin ex leaving him bait for pokepuff and it would help out against volcanion ex. I know it would hurt you trying to use unknown and klefki tho. Just a thought tho.

I just had a quick question. Was wondering if anyone thinks silent lab or paint roller could work in this deck. Silent lab could really hurt shaymin ex leaving him bait for pokepuff and it would help out against volcanion ex. I know it would hurt you trying to use unknown and klefki tho. Just a thought tho.
I'd say you can give that a shot if you want. I'm not sure I could find space for either in my version of the deck, though. I can't think of many stadiums I'd absolutely need to get off the field, and I'm not sure that killing abilities is a must for the deck. That said, it wouldn't hurt my deck at all because I've totally removed all the Klefki and Unown in favor of running only a 4-4 Lucario line and 4 Talonflame. Which has been working wonderfully since rotation, by the way.

I apologize for going a bit off-topic but wouldn't Expanded Fight Alone Lucario be really powerful? Target Whistle & Captivating Pokepuff along with Training Center?

Pokemon - 11
4 Riolu (FCO 45)
3 Unown (AOR 30)
4 Lucario (FCO 63)

Energy - 10

8 Metal Energy (GEN 82)
2 Shield Energy (PCL 143)

Trainer - 39

4 Captivating Pokepuff
3 N (FCO 105)
4 Target Whistle (PHF 106)
3 Exp. Share (PCL 128)
2 Super Rod (BKT 149)
3 Ultra Ball (FCO 113)
2 Training Center (FUF 102)
2 Professor's Letter (BKT 146)
1 Teammates (PCL 160)
1 Energy Pouch (FCO 97)
2 Town Map (BKT 150)
1 Switch (ROS 91)
3 Level Ball (AOR 76)
3 Professor Sycamore (BKP 107)
3 VS Seeker (ROS 110)
2 Evosoda (GEN 62)

Testing for it has gone well, will be adding CPP when TCGONE updates. Skyfield will also be a good addition to both versions of the deck in order to bait your opponent into benching.

Last edited:
Would running the Special Metal Energy released in PRC be an option? I mean, it's not like it could possibly hurt!

Would running the Special Metal Energy released in PRC be an option? I mean, it's not like it could possibly hurt!
Yeah, the only thing it will affect is Max Elixir. However Lucario doesn't need more than two energy, so I think it is worthwhile to try Special Metal Energy out.

I have been testing this deck for awhile and I found Carbink BREAK with Safeguard Carbink to be a really effective back-up attacker, support Pokemon, and wall. I have swung many a game with him by either stalling or powering up a fresh Riolu into a Lucario. This also solved the energy drought I kept finding myself in.

Updated my list in the OP. Dropped all the Unown and went down to one Klefki. Added Cobalion and Hex Maniac. I would like to find something to replace Teammates. It's just not as useful as an N or a Sycamore in this deck and I find myself hardly ever using it. The same kinda goes for Pokemon Ranger.

What stadium card do you guys think benefits this deck? It seems useful to have some stadiums to discard my opponents benefitial stadiums and running the supporter that discards stadiums is bad because your opponent gets the opportunity to discard some pokemon

I like the idea of Faded Town but I can't seem to make this deck work. I Lose a lot, which is unfortunate because Lucario is one of my favorite Pokemon.

I am still gonna say silent lab looks great in this deck. I played my lucario deck at league last night and it worked out so well. I played 2 games against volcanion and both times it really hurt the deck. i went 1-1 against it due to bad draws first game. I also played one game against despair ray gardevoir and with silent lab/pokepuff/metal weakness i just out right destroyed that deck. I am running a 4 talonflame 4-4 lucario deck so I don't have to worry about shutting down klefki or unknown though. Just my 2 cents on the whole stadium aspect.

I'm still not sold on Talonflame in this deck. I don't think it wins you any games you otherwise lose. Instead, it will show up as dead draws and sit on the bench, cutting into the damage your Lucario can dish out.

Volcanion should be a fairly easy matchup, because that deck needs to max out their bench. Teching a couple Hex Maniac can also shut down Steam Up and prevent baby Volcanion from being able to OHKO Lucario with any less than 3 energy. You also only need to take three KO's against Volcanion decks because of how high of an EX count they run. It's certainly not one of your worst matchups.

...there are a couple quite bad matchups for Fight Alone Lucario against good competitive decks like Greninja Break and likely against M Mewtwo as well.
Im playing Greninja currently, and I almost always have at least 4 benched. How do you think that Greninja could be a problem? I know the sniping is dangerous in this deck but I think Lucario is faster in setup, just curious.

Im playing Greninja currently, and I almost always have at least 4 benched. How do you think that Greninja could be a problem? I know the sniping is dangerous in this deck but I think Lucario is faster in setup, just curious.

If you just play smart it's easy. Only keep one benched mon on the field and you're capping Lucario's damage at 90, if Lucario is fighting alone. That means the earliest Lucario can knock out a Talonflame is on turn 3. By then, you should have Greninja up.

If you just play smart it's easy. Only keep one benched mon on the field and you're capping Lucario's damage at 90, if Lucario is fighting alone. That means the earliest Lucario can knock out a Talonflame is on turn 3. By then, you should have Greninja up.
Ok, that makes sense, thanks for the info:D

I've been playing this deck online pretty frequently. I think I found a variation I'm happy with.

I think the Unown are helpful for 2 reasons. First is that you need to strike a balance between a small bench and not losing because you only had 1 pokemon (and they got knocked out). The Unown give you that safety with the flexibility to go to the discard OR give you an extra draw.

Second I think Jirachi makes an excellent secondary attacker in this deck. You really have to pick & choose when to use it. Against some decks it's pretty useless (Manaphy), but other times it's pretty critical. A good target is usually a retreat-heavy EX (I'm looking at you Hoopa-EX!), and make sure you wait until a few float stones have gone out.

A few more things - you have to get the right touch with the pokepuff. If it's the first turn and they dropped 2-3 bench pokemon, don't expect them to have another one in their hand. On the other hand, if you go first, and you suspect them to have a Hoopa/Shaymin, that's a great time! Additionally after an N, or later in the game if they've kept a small bench so damage stays down.

Additionally this deck is great at targeting Shaymin. Don't be scared to let their main attacker go free, if you have a backup on the bench with an exp share. Lysandre is helpful here, but don't be afraid to use him early either for stalling (escape rope too).

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Klefki STS 80
* 4 Riolu FAC 45
* 1 Jirachi ROS 42
* 4 Lucario FAC 63
* 4 Unown AOR 30

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 3 Super Rod BKT 149
* 3 Captivating Poké Puff STS 99
* 2 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 3 Evosoda XY 116
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 3 Level Ball AOR 76
* 4 N FAC 105
* 3 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 1 Shauna XY 127
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Exp. Share PRC 128

##Energy - 8

* 8 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

whilst you lose out on power, you have a better prize trade from the sniping. The lucario player can't stall much against greninja, so one duff draw and the prizes swing in your favour, as you snipe a Riolu, and that is an extra prize whilst lucario is trying to set up. Its a long and uphill battle, but if you can consistently remove the greninja easily, it'll be fine. the other thing is that in the late game, you have to rely on pokemon other attackers due to the lack of target whistle in the format as well. greninja in all is a tough matchup at best.

No offense but a fight alone build should look like this.

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Klefki STS 80
* 4 Riolu FAC 45
* 4 Lucario FAC 63
* 4 Unown AOR 30

##Trainer Cards - 39

* 3 Exp. Share NXD 87
* 4 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 Level Ball AOR 76
* 3 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 1 Buddy-Buddy Rescue BKT 135
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 N FAC 105
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Parallel City BKT 145

##Energy - 8

* 8 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
or this

##Pokémon - 12

* 4 Talonflame STS 96
* 4 Riolu FAC 45
* 4 Lucario FAC 63

##Trainer Cards - 41

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 1 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 1 Buddy-Buddy Rescue BKT 135
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 2 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 3 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 4 N FAC 105
* 1 Pokémon Ranger STS 104
* 3 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 2 Level Ball NXD 89
* 3 Exp. Share PRC 128

##Energy - 7

* 7 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

These deck lists are consistent. Your decks look good on paper but they would fail once they made it to competitive play because of no consistency. Have a good day and no offense but you need to think of a consistence deck. have a good day.

whilst you lose out on power, you have a better prize trade from the sniping. The lucario player can't stall much against greninja, so one duff draw and the prizes swing in your favour, as you snipe a Riolu, and that is an extra prize whilst lucario is trying to set up. Its a long and uphill battle, but if you can consistently remove the greninja easily, it'll be fine. the other thing is that in the late game, you have to rely on pokemon other attackers due to the lack of target whistle in the format as well. greninja in all is a tough matchup at best.
Ok, I'm building Lucario currently and just wanted understand the matchup. Either way it's a sad time for us Greninja players:(

Back