• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Fairies... Don't Tell Them To Sit Down. (Gardevoir GX/Sylveon GX)

Now we actually have something to go off. My math may not be completely accurate, but I believe these numbers line up.

Drop Acerola, one Lusamine, one Gladion, four Nest Ball, two Pokémon Fan Club, four Puzzle of Time, one Parallel City, three Professor Sycamore and three Fairy Energy.

Include two Gallade (BKT 84), two Remoraid (BKT 32), two Octillery (BKT 33), one Guzma, one Cynthia, two N, two Brigette, one Skyla, one Field Blower, four Ultra Ball, and two Float Stone.

Ask your questions about why I say to drop or include certain cards and we can discuss that.

Now we actually have something to go off. My math may not be completely accurate, but I believe these numbers line up.

Drop Acerola, one Lusamine, one Gladion, four Nest Ball, two Pokémon Fan Club, four Puzzle of Time, one Parallel City, three Professor Sycamore and three Fairy Energy.

Include two Gallade (BKT 84), two Remoraid (BKT 32), two Octillery (BKT 33), one Guzma, one Cynthia, two N, two Brigette, one Skyla, one Field Blower, four Ultra Ball, and two Float Stone.

Ask your questions about why I say to drop or include certain cards and we can discuss that.

I like these additions,

question though, how will this deck be post rotation without Gallade and Octillery?

question though, how will this deck be post rotation without Gallade and Octillery?

In theory I believe losing Gallade isn't too painful, because the deck has the possibility to run off synergy with Zoroark. It can gain both a secondary attacker and a less powerful draw support while keeping the deck stable.

In theory I believe losing Gallade isn't too painful, because the deck has the possibility to run off synergy with Zoroark. It can gain both a secondary attacker and a less powerful draw support while keeping the deck stable.

If I still use Sylveon, will it still need Lele?

Magical Ribbon ends your turn. This simple fact changes it a lot, and Sylveon is not always a replacement for Lele.

Magical Ribbon ends your turn. This simple fact changes it a lot, and Sylveon is not always a replacement for Lele.

Sylveon can take a beating though, and you search for 3 cards, Rare Candy, Garde, and Fairy Energy (assuming you have Ralts in play) and you can do that T2.

You search for three cards and end your turn. Your opponent disrupts your hand and you're left with none of what you searched for.
I'm not saying Sylveon doesn't have its uses, but Sylveon is not a replacement for Lele, as Lele allows you to use what you search for instantly.

The argument of taking a beating is irrelevant because of how little you want both Sylveon and Lele to be in combat.

You search for three cards and end your turn. Your opponent disrupts your hand and you're left with none of what you searched for.
I'm not saying Sylveon doesn't have its uses, but Sylveon is not a replacement for Lele, as Lele allows you to use what you search for instantly.

Once N rotates, then your opponent can't disrupt you (Unless they play mill/disrupt).

N is not the only option for hand disruption, hence why I state "hand disruption" and not "play N". Besides the fact that N has several months remaining in the format, the new format and potentially upcoming sets allow for more ways to disrupt your opponent's hand, such as Wicke or Peeking Red Card.

N is not the only option for hand disruption, hence why I state "hand disruption" and not "play N". Besides the fact that N has several months remaining in the format, the new format and potentially upcoming sets allow for more ways to disrupt your opponent's hand, such as Wicke or Peeking Red Card.

Wicke isn't nearly as disruptive as N.

Both cards are equally as capable as removing the effects of Magical Ribbon, therefore they're equally as effective at disruption.

Back