• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Fairies... Don't Tell Them To Sit Down. (Gardevoir GX/Sylveon GX)

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Hey, this is my budget Gardevoir/ Sylveon GX deck today, hope you like it, tell me what you think.

Pokemon -
2 Eevee SUM 101
2 Sylveon-GX GRI 92
4 Ralts BUS 91
2 Kirlia BUS 92 (In case of emergency)
4 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
2 Gallade BKT 84
2 Remoraid BKT 32
2 Octillery BKT 33

Trainer -
1 Lusamine CRI 96
3 Guzma BUS 115
3 Cynthia ULP 119
2 N FCO
2 Brigette BKT
1 Skyla BKP
1 Field Blower GRI
4 Ultra Ball SUM
2 Float Stone BKT
4 Nest Ball SUM 123
1 Field Blower GRI 125
4 Rare Candy SUM 129
3 Choice Band GRI
1 Parallel City BKT 145

Energy - 15
8 Fairy Energy 9
4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

It's a work in progress, I know, I was considering going down to 2 Garde, but... I dunno.
Any advice is nice. Remember this is budget.

Last edited:
"This is your first time writing a poem, right?
I guessed that it might be after reading through it.
It's just that there are specific writing habits that are usually typical of new writers.
I think the most noticeable thing I recognize in new writers is that they try to make their style very deliberate.
In other words, they tend to pick a writing style separate from the topic matter, and they form-fit the two together.
The end result is that both the style and the expressiveness are weakened."
- Yuri, Doki Doki Literature Club

The the hammers and Flare Grunts are pretty counterproductive with Gardevoir’s Infinite Force, and a stage 2 deck really needs more than one draw Supporter.

To not suck badly
Make your deck with more focus
Sylveon is trash

"Clears throat" if your goal is to use sylveon to disrupt and set up at the same time you So that gardevoir can come I after I recommend adding more to the set up side draw supporters and search options are necessary. With your list the chance of starting with a solo ralts or even without a fairy energy or any way to get It your screwed. Sylveon decks have only been semi decent in the past because they ran a copious amount of fairy energy and only Eevee as their basics.

"This is your first time writing a poem, right?
I guessed that it might be after reading through it.
It's just that there are specific writing habits that are usually typical of new writers.
I think the most noticeable thing I recognize in new writers is that they try to make their style very deliberate.
In other words, they tend to pick a writing style separate from the topic matter, and they form-fit the two together.
The end result is that both the style and the expressiveness are weakened."
- Yuri, Doki Doki Literature Club

Your point? Are you making fun of me?

To not suck badly
Make your deck with more focus
Sylveon is trash

"Clears throat" if your goal is to use sylveon to disrupt and set up at the same time you So that gardevoir can come I after I recommend adding more to the set up side draw supporters and search options are necessary. With your list the chance of starting with a solo ralts or even without a fairy energy or any way to get It your screwed. Sylveon decks have only been semi decent in the past because they ran a copious amount of fairy energy and only Eevee as their basics.

Got it.

Your point? Are you making fun of me?

I'm not making fun of you, not in the slightest. My point is this:
Budget or not, are you trying to play a more aggressive Gardevoir deck, or a more disruptive Sylveon deck? Because the first impression I get from looking at the list is that you're trying to play both in a way that weakens both aspects of either deck and gives you something slightly mediocre that cannot accomplish either of what the two decks themselves focus on accomplishing during a game. Choose one or the other, because this is being both to the point of being neither. You're weakening both of the things you're trying to accomplish by driving a wrench through your own sleeves.

Budget or not, are you trying to play a more aggressive Gardevoir deck, or a more disruptive Sylveon deck? Because the first impression I get from looking at the list is that you're trying to play both in a way that weakens both aspects of either deck and gives you something slightly mediocre that cannot accomplish either of what the two decks themselves focus on accomplishing during a game. Choose one or the other, because this is being both to the point of being neither. You're weakening both of the things you're trying to accomplish by driving a wrench through your own sleeves.

Oh.

Updated the list, is it any better?

Updated the list, is it any better?

My point stands. Are you playing an aggressive deck, or a disruption deck?
Play Gardevoir and make your goal to set up Gardevoir quickly and consistently and drop Infinite Force to win games, or play Sylveon, making your goal to lock your opponent into an dark board position.

Ask yourself this. What are you trying to accomplish? Do you want to take lives and take prizes or drive opponents into a locked situation that makes it difficult for them to escape?

Hello!

So, I can try to provide a few suggestions. As dear Violet said earlier, you need to make a choice between Gardevoir, or Sylveon, each with their own respective strengths and weaknesses.

If you aim to play Gardevoir, I'd suggest by cutting the Sylveon to a 2-2 line, as it is mostly used for early-game draw support. I'd suggest replacing the other 2-2 line with a 2-2 line of Octillery, as that will provide you with more consistent draw support mid-to-late game. Also, I noticed that you have zero Kirlia. Considering that Espeon EX is still a thing (or, if you are like me and have no money/Espeon, Shining Jirachi), you kinda need to have at least 2-3 Kirlia. You will use up Rare Candy pretty early in the game, which you can really only get back using Gardevoir's GX attack (which, if you have no Gardevoir in play, will do you absolutely no good whatsoever). Another think to consider is using Gallade from BREAKthrough. It is a wonderful 1-Prize attacker, especially against Zoroark, and, when combined with Octillery, allows you to have better control of what you draw into.

Also, as was said above, the Team Flare Grunts will do you absolutely no good, as much as you think it might. Gardevoir is a very Energy-dependant deck, relying on both yours and your opponent's Energy to do damage. Discarding Energy just makes it harder for you to do any real damage.

This should hopefully give you a fairly good idea of what you can change, though actually doing something is up to you. I hope this helps!

Thanks,
-Alpha

If you're choosing to grab the knife I'm backing everything @AlphaVoxel has stated, with the statement you don't need to play Sylveon and can play straight Gardevoir, Kirlia is something I personally play for consistency rather than to deal with Espeon-EX, and that you should never underestimate Gallade the way the game currently is.
Also, as was said above, the Team Flare Grunts will do you absolutely no good, as much as you think it might.

I'll also state that I believe your entire current supporter line will not do you any good and has to be harshly reworked.

If you're choosing to grab the knife I'm backing everything @AlphaVoxel has stated, with the statement you don't need to play Sylveon and can play straight Gardevoir, Kirlia is something I personally play for consistency rather than to deal with Espeon-EX, and that you should never underestimate Gallade the way the game currently is.

I'll also state that I believe your entire current supporter line will not do you any good and has to be harshly reworked.
Espeon was the first thing I thought of. Consistency is also an important thing to remember as well. If you can't get things out quickly, things tend to go south rather unnervingly fast. If you can set up before your opponent does, you have a massive advantage.

Valid point. As much as I hate to say it at times, Draw Support is 100% necessary for any deck in any format. There are few ways to work around this necessity. Ideally, for Standard, you want to be running about 3-4 Professor Sycamore, and 2-3 N. However, you could also do a 3-2-1 Line of Sycamore/N/Cynthia, respectively.

To reply to all of you in one swing,

This deck is purely a Budget Gardevoir deck, that uses Sylveon GX to set up Garde's.
The alternative goal is to Plea GX, to potentially finish off game early potentially.

But I don't want to use Octillery because (I don't have any and don't want to buy a card that will rotate), I'm not gonna use Lele, because I can use Sylveon to do so, and I don't have any Lele.

So that's the goal, I'll update list again.

To reply to all of you in one swing,

This deck is purely a Budget Gardevoir deck, that uses Sylveon GX to set up Garde's.
The alternative goal is to Plea GX, to potentially finish off game early potentially.

But I don't want to use Octillery because (I don't have any and don't want to buy a card that will rotate), I'm not gonna use Lele, because I can use Sylveon to do so, and I don't have any Lele.

So that's the goal, I'll update list again.

The problem is not the budget the deck runs on if you're able to buy 3 Gardevoir-GX, and to a lesser extent, 3 Sylveon-GX.
The problem is the list your deck is built to play. I'll say it once again, the point that should be focused on is what you're even trying to accomplish in the first place.
Are you using a knife or are you using poison?

(I don't have any and don't want to buy a card that will rotate)

If you're going to use this argument, rotation takes place during the summer and this is February. You have several months to still play this card, but if you choose to still stay with this mindset, you may as well not play this game until rotation.

The problem is not the budget the deck runs on if you're able to buy 3 Gardevoir-GX, and to a lesser extent, 3 Sylveon-GX.
The problem is the list your deck is built to play. I'll say it once again, the point that should be focused on is what you're even trying to accomplish in the first place.
Are you using a knife or are you using poison?

Fixing list again. Think I finally get what your trying to say.

Back