Discussion Embarrassing Deck Mistakes?

I remember, quite recently actually, around 3-4 weeks back I was playing pure Alolan Ninetales GX as I like the card and I forgot to put in Trainers' Mail in my deck and I went to the League near me and I couldn't do anything in the 3 matches I played. When I got home, I immediately put Trainers' Mail in my deck.

I'm still playing Alolan Ninetales GX to this day and I still think back to that day where I was so silly to not put in such a good consistency card like Trainers' Mail. I'm not doing that again XD.

On PTCGO, I thought I was being sly by teching flareon/jolteon/vaporeon into a lapras deck. Boy was i confused when it wasn't hitting for weakness... I immediately dismantled that deck!!

My dad played evosoda and Sally in Volcanion, and Entei VS instead of Turtonator. Not was he confused at all the dead draws.
EDIT: Wally, not Sally XD

when I went to my first expanded regionals I had NO idea what I was doing, before then I wasn't even that great of a standard player, after looking at some recent tournament results, I found that Darkrai/Vileplume was doing well in recent tournaments, the problem was I didn't have any Darkrai EX, so, being the smart non-competitive player I was, I thought it would be a good idea to substitute Darkrai EX for Umbreon EX. since the deck already had mewtwo EX(Xball) in it, I thought:why not chuck in an M Mewtwo Y?(im actually glad i did that because the meta was pretty focused on turbo darkrai back then). i pretty much bombed that tournament with a record of 2-5 (7 rounds) my 2 wins being agianst a turbo dark, and aratticate Break.

I've been playing Buzzwole/Lycanroc for a couple of weeks now (newer deck for me, I personally play anti-meta deck lol) and I tech'd in Sudowoodo from Breakpoint (Watch and Learn). My opponent, who was playing Gardy/Zoroark, used Mew EX's Versatile ability to copy Riotous Beating to knock out my active. On my turn I bring up Sudowoodo and used Watch and Learn...

I didn't realize that it can't copy abilities. I also learned that I can't copy my opponent's GX move if I already used mine. Maybe I should have 'Watched and Learned' how my friends played that card before I played it *ba dum tiss* (pun intended)

Q. If I use Sudowoodo's "Watch and Learn" attack on the turn after my opponent's Mew EX used its "Versatile" Ability, can "Watch and Learn" copy the attack that Mew EX used?
A. Yes, that works. (Feb 15, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

Something like Clefairy's Metronome or Zoroark's Foul Play, however, wouldn't work.

As for deckbuilding goofs, playing Gallade and Archeops without Maxie's may or may not have happened more than once to me.

I built a deck without Ultra Ball (as an oversight, not a design choice).

I put Glaceon LV.X and Dialga LV.X in the same deck, thinking I was hot shit, but I was hot garbage instead.

Back