• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Durant / Mew

It is difficult to say without testing but perhaps N, for the same reasons that I gave previously. If not that, then maybe 1 Revive; having 2 feels like a "nice to have" as opposed to being "must have".
Thanks to the various explanations. I shall have your list the deck and then try the variant putting the Team Rocket. I don't feel safe to put a Supporter I can fail and lose a turn to play another. Can I copy and paste your list in my first post? So to update the deck that currently try.

Thanks to the various explanations. I shall have your list the deck and then try the variant putting the Team Rocket. I don't feel safe to put a Supporter I can fail and lose a turn to play another. Can I copy and paste your list in my first post? So to update the deck that currently try.

No worries mate. Of course you can copy and paste my list - not a problem.

On Team Rocket's Handiwork, I feel the same way! The potential for it to fail and use up your Supporter for the turn doesn't make me feel too comfortable...

I want a mill deck to work so bad and I think we're getting very close to a good one. Here's what I would do with the deck and I'll explain why.

Pokemon (10)
4 Mew
2 Bunnelby
3 Durant
1 Houndoom-EX

Trainers (44)

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Team Flare Grunt
1 Delinquent
1 Brigette
1 Xerosic
1 Team Rockets Handiwork

4 VS Seeker
4 Level Ball
4 Crushing Hammer
4 Trick Shovel
4 Puzzle of Time
3 Battle Compressor
3 Trainers' Mail
2 Head Ringer
1 Enhanced Hammer

3 Dimension Valley

Energy (5)

4 Rainbow Energy
1 Fire Energy

So here's my logic. It's basically a race to mill them not to stall them. That being said you want to focus on milling. I took out things like Pokemon Catcher because it's a 50/50 chance, and you're already using energy removal as a stall to keep them from attacking, so pulling up another pokemon wont matter. Revives aren't needed because there's no pokemon I'd be concerned with getting back out. Super Rod wont be needed since you're using rainbow energy to be able to use durants attack. Down to 1 enhanced hammer, or 0 since you already have crushing hammers, Xerosic and team flare grunts to take care of energy. I also took down 1 Bunnelby, 2 seems plenty. I added things like Brigette to give you a full bench of what you want, mew, durant and bunnelby. Delinquent is a nice card to have, just because given the opportunity to discard 3 cards from your opponents hand is always a nice way to mill an easy 3. Team Rockets Handiwork is a new card and is a 50/50 chance, but the reward is worth the risk since it gives you the opportunity to mill another 4 cards. 4 Puzzel of time should be played in almost every deck that runs 4 of special energy. It should really be played here to give you not only the ability to get your rainbow energy back, but also you can pull back your trick shovels for more milling. I threw in 3 battle compressors to basically unload your deck. There's not a ton of draw support here which could leave you with some dead hands. If you can get those supporters to your discard pile early on, your chances of hitting things like VS seekers, trainers' mail and others is significantly greater now. Also, this gives you more ability to reach for that sycamore for more draw support when you need it. So if my math serves me correctly, T2, if you go second, you potentially could mill someone for an easy 12 cards, pending you hit your rolls of course. But that's insane! A 12 card mill T2?! That'll leave them with only 34 cards in the deck saying they do nothing T1. Of course we know some cards will be discarded T1, but almost half the deck gone T2 and they're left struggling to catch up having to KO 6 or 4 pokemon in a few turns before they run out.

Last edited:
No worries mate. Of course you can copy and paste my list - not a problem.

On Team Rocket's Handiwork, I feel the same way! The potential for it to fail and use up your Supporter for the turn doesn't make me feel too comfortable...

It is a risk/reward card for sure, but the chance to be able to mill 4 cards when you dont plan/need to play any other supporter that turn is worth it to me to run a 1 of.

Yesterday at 24:00 Italian time, I tried this deck against MRayquaza - Hoopa but in all cases 2 and I had problems to have a single energy. I think it's more because it was night and I was sleepy because I forgot that it was enough to copy the Buneary attack to attack without the cost of energy.

It'll take some modification but you can run Team Magma's Secret Base and more basic energy.

Today I playing this deck for a while I realized that Lysandre would be very useful to lock the enemy Pokemon forward, also Houndoom-EX I appeared not helpful (I used more Mew copying the Durant attack and Bunnelby).
What about if I do this:
- I take off 1 Battle Compressor to put Lysandre
- I take off 1 Houndoom EX to put Lysandre

After playing Ohio States this weekend, Vespiquen/ Vilplume is becoming very popular. You'll need Hex in your deck of you want to survive that deck. It's going to take a lot of play testing but it'll work. Item locking will destroy this deck. I'd remove cards and build around that.

After playing Ohio States this weekend, Vespiquen/ Vilplume is becoming very popular. You'll need Hex in your deck of you want to survive that deck. It's going to take a lot of play testing but it'll work. Item locking will destroy this deck. I'd remove cards and build around that.
Pokemon (9)
4 Mew
2 Bunnelby
3 Durant

Trainers (44)

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Team Flare Grunt
1 Delinquent
2 Hex Maniac
1 Xerosic
1 Team Rockets Handiwork
1 Lysandre

4 VS Seeker
4 Level Ball
4 Crushing Hammer
4 Trick Shovel
4 Puzzle of Time
2 Battle Compressor
3 Trainers' Mail
2 Head Ringer
1 Enhanced Hammer

3 Dimension Valley

Energy (5)

4 Rainbow Energy
1 Leaf Energy

I changed a few cards in the deck that you had done you. How about this?

Last edited:
That looks good. I'd test it and see how it works. I'd like to not add Shaymin to the DL, but might have to

Hi Zaffira,

Nice deck in general. Would run at least a second Team Rocket's Handiwork. There is a 75 percent chance to discard at least two cards and a 25 percent chance to discard four cards. Would not count on the latter one but the additional discard of two cards is nice in this deck. Not sure on Hex maniac since it turns Mew off and hurts the mill deck as much as the item lock deck. Since you run a Battle Compressor engine it would not hurt much to run a tech Bridgette to get the basics out and thin the deck at the same time. Would also take out Fire Energy and Head Ringer to include three Grass Energy.

Hex is a must because of the increased play of Vileplume. Without a way to silence Vileplume, you're left with nothing, you literally can't play half of your deck. Mill decks are heavy item decks so item locks will hurt bad. Just because Mew wont be able to attack, doesnt mean you can't with Bunnelby or Durant. Other area Meta's might not see it yet, but I saw it at Ohio States this weekend. I only faced 2, 1 in Swiss and 1 in top 8, but there was 3 total top 8 Vileplume/Vespiquen Decks. This deck will be the new NM deck. Another thing to keep in mind, you dont have to Hex every turn. You just need to Hex to set yourself up with the items you need to play. Really once you battle compressor supporters away, hold hex and play your trick shovels and have a full bench, plus stadium, only thing left to do is use Hex between some turns to allow you to use VS seeker to pull back a supporter you need, Xerosic, Delinquent, Flare Grunt, etc. I will agree, without Houndoom, there's no need for fire energy anymore, so an increase of Grass would help.

Hi Zaffira,

Nice deck in general. Would run at least a second Team Rocket's Handiwork. There is a 75 percent chance to discard at least two cards and a 25 percent chance to discard four cards. Would not count on the latter one but the additional discard of two cards is nice in this deck. Not sure on Hex maniac since it turns Mew off and hurts the mill deck as much as the item lock deck. Since you run a Battle Compressor engine it would not hurt much to run a tech Bridgette to get the basics out and thin the deck at the same time. Would also take out Fire Energy and Head Ringer to include three Grass Energy.

Thanks for your advice. I did not understand why I do a little bit hard to understand English (I have to make me translate well from my boyfriend that at this time there XD) but you tell me:
- Remove Battle Compressor to put Brigette
- Remove Head Ringer to put Grass Energy
It's right?

Hex è un must a causa della maggiore gioco di Vileplume. Senza un modo per mettere a tacere Vileplume, si è lasciato con niente, è letteralmente non può giocare la metà del tuo mazzo. ponti Mill sono ponti voce pesanti in modo serrature voce farà male male. Solo perché Mew non sarà in grado di attaccare, non significa non è possibile con Bunnelby o Durant. Altro luogo di Meta non poteva ancora vederlo, ma ho visto che in Ohio Uniti questo fine settimana. Ho affrontato solo 2, 1 in svizzera e 1 in top 8, ma non c'era 3 top in totale 8 Vileplume / Vespiquen ponti. Questo mazzo sarà il nuovo ponte NM. Un'altra cosa da tenere a mente, non dovete Hex ogni turno. Hai solo bisogno di esadecimale per impostare te stesso con gli elementi necessari per giocare. In realtà una volta che si battaglia sostenitori compressore lontano, tenere esadecimale e riprodurre i badili trucco e hanno una panchina completa, oltre allo stadio, unica cosa che resta da fare è usare Hex tra alcuni giri per consentire di utilizzare VS cercatore di tirare indietro sostenitore è necessario, Xerosic, Delinquent, Flare Grunt, ecc ho sarà d'accordo, senza Houndoom, non c'è bisogno di energia del fuoco più, quindi con. Questo aiuto ?

Hex è un must a causa della maggiore gioco di Vileplume. Senza un modo per mettere a tacere Vileplume, si è lasciato con niente, è letteralmente non può giocare la metà del tuo mazzo. ponti Mill sono ponti voce pesanti in modo serrature voce farà male male. Solo perché Mew non sarà in grado di attaccare, non significa non è possibile con Bunnelby o Durant. Altro luogo di Meta non poteva ancora vederlo, ma ho visto che in Ohio Uniti questo fine settimana. Ho affrontato solo 2, 1 in svizzera e 1 in top 8, ma non c'era 3 top in totale 8 Vileplume / Vespiquen ponti. Questo mazzo sarà il nuovo ponte NM. Un'altra cosa da tenere a mente, non dovete Hex ogni turno. Hai solo bisogno di esadecimale per impostare te stesso con gli elementi necessari per giocare. In realtà una volta che si battaglia sostenitori compressore lontano, tenere esadecimale e riprodurre i badili trucco e hanno una panchina completa, oltre allo stadio, unica cosa che resta da fare è usare Hex tra alcuni giri per consentire di utilizzare VS cercatore di tirare indietro sostenitore è necessario, Xerosic, Delinquent, Flare Grunt, ecc ho sarà d'accordo, senza Houndoom, non c'è bisogno di energia del fuoco più, quindi con. Questo aiuto ?
By google translator is worse, in fact, I do not understand anything XD
I just read several times, and after a few minutes I understand a little bit, otherwise I will help with translation.

I changed a bit by removing 1 Sycamore and 1 N, putting 1 Team Rocket's Handiwork and 1 Grass Energy. That's better or worse?

Pokèmon: 9
  • 4 Mew
  • 2 Bunnelby
  • 3 Durant

Trainers: 45

• 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 2 Team Flare Grunt
  • 1 Delinquent
  • 2 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 2 Team Rockets Handiwork
  • 1 Lysandre

• 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 4 Crushing Hammer
  • 4 Trick Shovel
  • 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer

• 3 Dimension Valley

Energy: 6

• 4 Rainbow Energy
  • 2 Grass Energy

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice. I did not understand why I do a little bit hard to understand English (I have to make me translate well from my boyfriend that at this time there XD) but you tell me:
- Remove Battle Compressor to put Brigette
- Remove Head Ringer to put Grass Energy
It's right?

The suggestions were those:

- 2 Head Ringer (since Pokémon Ex become less and less common)
- 1 Fire Energy (not needed without Houndoom Ex)

+ 3 Grass Energy

- 1 Hex Maniac (since it also shuts down Mew, who is your main miller)
+ 1 Bridgette (gets all your Pokémon out and thins the deck at the same time)

Id play test a lot with the head ringers. I really loved having 2 in my deck for states because it blocked the other players ability to use shaymin's sky return attack to pull a shaymin back to their hand and off the bench.

Yes only 1 Hex. You can battle compressor the Hex off the start so you don't need more than 1. I'm still not worried about Hex'ing Mew's attack away when you should have a Durant on your bench ready to attack.

May want to consider a Mr. Mime since Manectric, Bats and Trevenant will play hell to your bench.

Back