• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Durant / Mew

Zaffira

Bird Keeper
After that I created a deck of Mew and Durant and asked for advice here, I had thought the Mew card from XY10 and thanks to those who helped me to create another deck, I came up with this idea:

Pokèmon: 10
  • 4 Mew (XT10)
  • 2 Bunnelby (PRC121)
  • 3 Durant (BKP9)
  • 1 Jirachi (XY Promo)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 43
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Teammates
  • 2 Team Flare Grunt
  • 2 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 2 Team Rockets Handiwork
  • 1 Lysandre

• 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 4 Crushing Hammer
  • 4 Trick Shovel
  • 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 2 Float Stone

• 4 Dimension Valley
Energy: 7
  • 4 Rainbow Energy
  • 3 Grass Energy
Strategy:

to have on the bench during attack with Mew discarding the opponent's deck. With the help of the Dimension Valley card, Mew will need only 1 energy to attack and this allows to discard the opponent' s deck in your first turn.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna stalk your mill threads until we perfect this deck. Anyway Mr.mime is kind of a dud in most cases, I imagine you want to protect against Bats, but it does not work like that, it protects from attacks not abilities. I recommend a vs seeker/Battle Compressor combo to get the supports you want, via the Seeker, only downside is the Toad.

I also suggest battle compressor. But for a different reason. Revitalizer is amazing in grass decks. It gives more consistency letting you pitch a few durant and grab then with revitalizer. Not needing to have to rely 100% on ultra ball. Letting go you use ultra balls on the shaymin to draw more.

As an added bonus. It increases the overall consistency of ur deck. Let's you target supporters to use vs seeker. It let's you remove the unneeded cards so you won't draw them. If that wasn't enough. If time puzzle is used. It let's you target any 2 cards in ur deck.

Last edited:
What you say is right, but I don't knowwhat card are to be removed and which cards to put because I see that all the cards are important. I'm desperate XD

How do you beat Trevenant?
Or anything that does quick damage?

This is why Durant is worse than Houndoom.

Houndoom can take hits, and use super scoop up/Max elixir.
Durant with 70hp and a need for 2 energy can't.

I understand your point of view but if I play the Houndoom EX deck in this case the problem will be Seismitoad.
So you can't create a very strong deck that manages to beat all competitive decks now.

TBH Trevenant is not a problem, after its major failure at most states, I don't think it will be played as much.

TBH Trevenant is not a problem, after its major failure at most states, I don't think it will be played as much.

Well, I know Trevenant won at least 1 states in seniors.
And the same guy came in top 8 or top 4 in another

I would suggest to drop judge, ace trainer and super scoop up.

3 battle compressors, 2 revitalizer, and 2 N. N outclassed all 3 of those supporters anyway. Super scoop up isn't super useful imo. Since all ur pokemon will be OHKOed

Last edited:
(what is the reason for the rainbow energy?)
I agree with dropping judge even though it is a fun card to play turn 1
Have you thought about playing delinquent before?
sure you need the d-valley but your opponent is likely to play stadiums too (if its nightmarch he's running your stadium anyways) and a delinquent really hurts a fully setup nightmarch board with 3 handcards left (which usually are something like VS seeker/DCE/puzzle of time) often times you'd force him into a topdeck mode making it really easy for you to just hunt down all the dces in his deck .
I'm looking forward to see more from your mill lists

(what is the reason for the rainbow energy?)
I agree with dropping judge even though it is a fun card to play turn 1
Have you thought about playing delinquent before?
sure you need the d-valley but your opponent is likely to play stadiums too (if its nightmarch he's running your stadium anyways) and a delinquent really hurts a fully setup nightmarch board with 3 handcards left (which usually are something like VS seeker/DCE/puzzle of time) often times you'd force him into a topdeck mode making it really easy for you to just hunt down all the dces in his deck .
I'm looking forward to see more from your mill lists
The rainbow energy I thought I would need if I had to attack Durant.
I improved the deck by adding the cards that you have tell me.

What do you think of the Head Ringer card in this deck?
In place of Ultra Ball, the better is Level Ball?

Last edited:
right now you are using 61 cards
I think its easier drawing into your pokemon with shaymin than just searching a single one with levelball
with this type of deck you'll need some additional draw I think.
we can't test it yet but I'm assuming cutting battle compressor to 2 will solve the 61 cards issue

Fighting fury belts seem not so important. Will 40 more hp and damage that doesn't matter really help this deck?

Also this deck needs rainbow energy to work. Durant&mew need to be damaged to mill 4 cards. Rainbow Energy ddrops one damage counter so you can use its second attack.

Looks like a good concept.

Rainbow Energy is definitely needed in order to power up Durant's attack, which reads:
[G][C] Scrape Down

If this Pokémon has any damage counters on it, discard the top 4 cards of your opponent's deck.

If you have Dimension Valley in play, Durant on the bench and Mew as your active you can, in 1 turn:
  • Attach Rainbow Energy
  • Add 10 damage to Mew
  • Attack to discard 4 cards from the top of your opponent's deck
That's an insanely powerful sequence if you're able to keep it up - you're doing double the work that Houndoom-EX does and you're only giving up one prize. I anticipate your problem, however, will be streaming attackers. To help with this, why not add Bunnelby? It takes [C] to attack, so isn't fussy about energy and if you have Dimension Valley in play, Mew can use Burrow for free. Furthermore, its Rototiller attack can recycle your Rainbow Energy.

As for your Trainer line, I disagree with the inclusion of Battle Compressor; it's not a key part of the deck's goal - to deck out your opponent. If you're using a mix of Mew/Durant/Bunnelby then all of your main Pokemon have less than 90 HP - that makes Level Ball your best friend! Try and find space for 4 copies.

Here is my version of the list:

Pokemon (11)

4 Mew
3 Bunnelby
3 Durant
1 Houndoom-EX

Trainers (44)

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Team Flare Grunt
1 Lysandre
1 Xerosic

4 VS Seeker
4 Level Ball
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Crushing Hammer
4 Trick Shovel
3 Trainers' Mail
2 Head Ringer
2 Enhanced Hammer
2 Revive
1 Super Rod

3 Dimension Valley

Energy (5)

4 Rainbow Energy
1 Fire Energy

Last edited:
Have in the deck only energy grass is not better? So Mew attacks with a 1 energy with to Dimension Valley and also will not have 10 HP less.
Also what about the Head Ringer?

Looks like a good concept.

Rainbow Energy is definitely needed in order to power up Durant's attack, which reads:

If you have Dimension Valley in play, Durant on the bench and Mew as your active you can, in 1 turn:
  • Attach Rainbow Energy
  • Add 10 damage to Mew
  • Attack to discard 4 cards from the top of your opponent's deck
That's an insanely powerful sequence if you're able to keep it up - you're doing double the work that Houndoom-EX does and you're only giving up one prize. I anticipate your problem, however, will be streaming attackers. To help with this, why not add Bunnelby? It takes [C] to attack, so isn't fussy about energy and if you have Dimension Valley in play, Mew can use Burrow for free. Furthermore, its Rototiller attack can recycle your Rainbow Energy.

As for your Trainer line, I disagree with the inclusion of Battle Compressor; it's not a key part of the decks goal - to deck out your opponent. If you're using a mix of Mew/Durant/Bunnelby then all of your main Pokemon have less than 90 HP - that makes Level Ball your best friend! Try and find space for 4 copies.

Here is my version of the list:

Pokemon (11)

4 Mew
3 Bunnelby
3 Durant
1 Houndoom-EX

Trainers (44)

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Team Flare Grunt
1 Lysandre
1 Xerosic

4 VS Seeker
4 Level Ball
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Crushing Hammer
4 Trick Shovel
3 Trainers' Mail
2 Head Ringer
2 Enhanced Hammer
2 Revive
1 Super Rod

3 Dimension Valley

Energy (5)

4 Rainbow Energy
1 Fire Energy
Only play 3 stage with no Delinquent, is not dangerous may not be able to make more discard opponent stadium?

Have in the deck only energy grass is not better? So Mew attacks with a 1 energy with to Dimension Valley and also will not have 10 HP less.
Also what about the Head Ringer?

If you only have Grass Energy then it is very hard for Mew to use Durant's Scrape Down attack - which I am assuming is the entire purpose of the deck! As previously quoted, Scrape Down discards the top 4 cards of your opponent's deck as long as the user has damage counters on it. So, if you're not running Rainbow Energy how will you set your Mew up with damage - wait for your opponent to attack? Well, if you do that then Mew will likely be knocked out as it only has 50HP!

As for Head Ringer, Pokemon Catcher, Hammers and Team Flare Grunt - you really want to disrupt your opponent so that:
  1. They are forced to dig through their deck to find more resources, thus burning through their deck and making your job easier.
  2. There is a higher chance of your Mew surviving to your next turn so that you can use Scrape Down again without having to setup once more.
Only play 3 stage with no Delinquent, is not dangerous may not be able to make more discard opponent stadium?

I don't think Delinquent is necessary. Your opponent, if they are smart, will not Sycamore away their hand unless absolutely necessary. This means that their hand size will steadily increase throughout the game such that, when you play Delinquent, they probably won't have any problem with discarding 3 cards from their huge hand!

I've suggested 3 Dimension Valley partly because it's a very popular Stadium at the moment (so there is fairly high chance your opponent will be playing it too) and partly because you won't always be attacking with Mew. Bunnelby and Houndoom-EX can attack, with Burrow and Melting Horn respectively, neither of which need Dimension Valley. However, if you really want to play 4 Stadiums, perhaps cut 1 N - your opponent's hand size is likely to increase above 6 and it may be counter productive to get them to draw less than they shuffle back in, thus increasing their deck size.

Another Supporter to keep in the back of your mind is Team Rocket's Handiwork - unreliable but could work very well in this deck!

Last edited:
If you only have Grass Energy then it is very hard for Mew to use Durant's Scrape Down attack - which I am assuming is the entire purpose of the deck! As previously quoted, Scrape Down discards the top 4 cards of your opponent's deck as long as the user has damage counters on it. So, if you're not running Rainbow Energy how will you set your Mew up with damage - wait for your opponent to attack? Well, if you do that then Mew will likely be knocked out as it only has 50HP!

As for Head Ringer, Pokemon Catcher, Hammers and Team Flare Grunt - you really want to disrupt your opponent so that:
  1. They are forced to dig through their deck to find more resources, thus burning through their deck and making your job easier.
  2. There is a higher chance of your Mew surviving to your next turn so that you can use Scrape Down again without having to setup once more.

I don't think Delinquent is necessary. Your opponent, if they are smart, will not Sycamore away their hand unless absolutely necessary. This means that their hand size will steadily increase throughout the game such that, when you play Delinquent, they probably won't have any problem with discarding 3 cards from their huge hand!

I've suggested 3 Dimension Valley partly because it's a very popular Stadium at the moment (so there is fairly high chance your opponent will be playing it too) and partly because you won't always be attacking with Mew. Bunnelby and Houndoom-EX can attack, with Burrow and Melting Horn respectively, neither of which need Dimension Valley. However, if you really want to play 4 Stadiums, perhaps cut 1 N - your opponent's hand size is likely to increase above 6 and it may be counter productive to get them to draw less than they shuffle back in, thus increasing their deck size.

Another Supporter to keep in the back of your mind is Team Rocket's Handiwork - unreliable but could work very well in this deck!
In your deck you wrote, how would you put the Team Rocket?

In your deck you wrote, how would you put the Team Rocket?

It is difficult to say without testing but perhaps N, for the same reasons that I gave previously. If not that, then maybe 1 Revive; having 2 feels like a "nice to have" as opposed to being "must have".

Back