XY Do you dislike what's been revealed of Gen VI?

RE: Anyone not liking Generation 6 after Generation 5?

evilpacman said:
frostwind said:
Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath/Politoed counts as one family, they aren't seperate.
Croagunk and Toxicroak are based off of poisonous frogs/toads, since many frogs are actually very deadly like the Arrow frogs in rainforests.

Vulpix/Ninetales is based off of the Ninetailed fox
Zorua/Zoroark (not mentioned) are based off of different foxes.

Growlithe/Arcanine, Poochyena/Mightyena, Houndour/Houndoom, and Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland are all dogs nor foxes.

Really, we're going to put all rodents in the same category? Rabbits, Mice, Rats, Shrews, Squirrels, etc.? I'm not even going to comment any more.

________________________________________________________________________________

So here's a less bias version of pokemon that have been already done:

Water Type Starter - We have 3 lines of frogs/toads
. Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath/Politoed
. Croagunk/Toxicroak
. Tympole/Palpitoad/Seismitoad

We have 4 seperate typings and Froakie will probably give us another (stronger) Water/Fighting

Fire Type Starter - We already have two examples of foxes
. Vulpix/Ninetales
. Zorua/Zoroark

Fennekin is a different species and based off a different idea. Its probably going to be a Fire/Psychic instead of a normal Fire type or Dark type.

Grass Type Starter - We have rodent pokemon, though not a hedgehog
. Sanshrew/Sandslash are sort of similar I guess

We don't really have a hedgehog or other similar type of pokemon, let alone a Grass type one. Plus, we only have one Grass/Dark type, assuming that's what Chespin becomes.

Its probably been mentioned before, but I strongly disagree with the secondary typings. Psychic/Dark/Fighting dont work the same way Fire/Grass/Water work. One starter will be immune to another's attacks. The types will surely be this:
Grass
Water

Fire/Fighting.

There has been a generation where the secondary types have made the starters uneven.Generation IV.

Torterra is weak to Infernape.
Torterra is strong against Infernape and Empoleon.
Empoleon is weak to Infernape and Torterra.
Empoleon is strong against Infernape.
Infernape is weak to Torterra and Empoleon.
Infernape is strong against Torterra and Empoleon.

Not all generations have had evenly matched starter matchups. Torterra is clearly a bit stronger than the rest, and Empoleon a bit weaker. Dark-Psychic-Fighting would still be fairly even, making Chespin a bit stronger, Fennekin a bit weaker, and Froakie even. Same as Generation IV.

evilpacman said:
The thing is, there are no starters that I know of that have type immunity to the other one.

What about Pokémon Colosseum?

Flying (Frog?) -> Grass -> Rock (Fox?)
Ground (Fox) -> Ice (Frog) -> Rock (Chespin)

Blob55 said:
evilpacman said:
The thing is, there are no starters that I know of that have type immunity to the other one.

What about Pokémon Colosseum?

Flying (Frog?) -> Grass -> Rock (Fox?)
Ground (Fox) -> Ice (Frog) -> Rock (Chespin)

What about Colosseum? Do you start with different Pokemon in that game? I've never played it.

evilpacman said:

There always has to be a first. If there wasn't, then nothing new/original would ever happen in Pokemon.

EDIT:
If Chespin was Grass/Dark and Fennekin was Fire/Psychic, then Fennekin's secondary type moves wouldn't effect Chespin. Primary type moves would still hit hard.

So far with the limited info, I don't know how everyone else is judging Gen 6. The most we've gotten are some screen shots, a new eeveelution, the starters, and the X and Y legendary mascots. I need more to go off of to judge

Guise, stahp.
If we were receiving sprites for the 3DS there'd be so much chaos that even Discord would be suprised. The Polis aren't frogs, they're toads and tadpols. Toxicroak is kind of a hybrid human frog, so then there's only Froakie and Crougunk (Bulbasaur too, but that has so many other origins).
The Pokemon are original; just because they are based off a similar animal to another Pokemon doesn't make it the most unoriginal Pokemon ever. Having multiple of the same animal type is good! It makes the world even more lifelike and interesting.
"Hey! Whatcha doing?"
"Just studying some foxes."
"You mean Vulpix and Ninetails"
*silence*

But what I do dislike it that male protagonist. Eww he looks like a girl.

Ground (Fox) -> Ice (Frog) -> Rock (Chespin), as none of the types are immune to each other.

Blui129 said:
Guise, stahp.
If we were receiving sprites for the 3DS there'd be so much chaos that even Discord would be suprised. The Polis aren't frogs, they're toads and tadpols. Toxicroak is kind of a hybrid human frog, so then there's only Froakie and Crougunk (Bulbasaur too, but that has so many other origins).
The Pokemon are original; just because they are based off a similar animal to another Pokemon doesn't make it the most unoriginal Pokemon ever. Having multiple of the same animal type is good! It makes the world even more lifelike and interesting.
"Hey! Whatcha doing?"
"Just studying some foxes."
"You mean Vulpix and Ninetails"
*silence*

What about song birds? There's like, what? one song bird? They need some love, too!

I don't think Bulbasaur isn't based off of frogs.

Rock is also weak to Ice so Chespin is still stronger than Froakie, and Fennekin is now able to beat both of the other starters because Ground trumps Rock and Ice types.

frostwind said:
I don't think Bulbasaur isn't based off of frogs.

Rock is also weak to Ice so Chespin is still stronger than Froakie, and Fennekin is now able to beat both of the other starters because Ground trumps Rock and Ice types.

Oops, Rock and Ground were meant to be the other way around.

Blui129 said:

I also dislike the male protagonist, but for a different reason. He looks too much like Hilbert and Nate, especially considering that all three have the same color scheme for their outfits. I wish they'd make the male protagonists more original, all of them except Brendan pretty much have the same generic look.

They always make all the other characters you meet so interesting and diverse, but the player...blue and red will do? meh. cmon gamefreak we want something cool for a change xD

Re: RE: Do you dislike what's been revealed of Gen VI?

Bolt the Cat said:
Blui129 said:

I also dislike the male protagonist, but for a different reason. He looks too much like Hilbert and Nate, especially considering that all three have the same color scheme for their outfits. I wish they'd make the male protagonists more original, all of them except Brendan pretty much have the same generic look.

It's funny, because without the hat, Brendan looks exactly the same. Lololol.

I personally like the new guy's design... Both him and the girl remind me of the trainers in Leaf Green/ Fire Red. However, i'm still waiting for the day they make it so you can personalize your character in a main series game (like they did with Battle Rev.).

As for the pokemon, I like them alot more than the last gen so far.

Is it me, or is anyone finding themselves more excited than they did for the last gen? I know I am. Complete 3D world, some platforming, and rollerskates? Sign me up!

I was still more excited for Black2 because competitive YT battler.

Now I have to buy a capture card and actually RAISE POKÉMON.

PikabooPikachu said:
However, i'm still waiting for the day they make it so you can personalize your character in a main series game (like they did with Battle Rev.).

There's evidence in the trailer that that may actually happen. Notice in the vine swinging scene that the male character's sunglasses came off his head and are floating randomly at the spot where he grabbed the vine.

PikabooPikachu said:
Is it me, or is anyone finding themselves more excited than they did for the last gen? I know I am. Complete 3D world, some platforming, and rollerskates? Sign me up!

There certainly is plenty to get excited about. The graphic style is awe inspiring, but still recognizably Pokemon. The battling looks realistic and cool with 3D models. There's probably going to be some neat gameplay changes (roller skates look neat, but I'd like to have the Bike as well).

Bolt the Cat said:
PikabooPikachu said:

There certainly is plenty to get excited about. The graphic style is awe inspiring, but still recognizably Pokemon. The battling looks realistic and cool with 3D models. There's probably going to be some neat gameplay changes (roller skates look neat, but I'd like to have the Bike as well).

No, because 5th Gen was such a disappointment until Black 2 White 2, so 6th gen will probably be the same, like Pokémon only being available depending on where you live in real-world locations. That would be awful!

Blob55 said:
No, because 5th Gen was such a disappointment until Black 2 White 2, so 6th gen will probably be the same, like Pokémon only being available depending on where you live in real-world locations. That would be awful!

I hope not, 5th gen was pretty bad by Pokemon standards, especially in terms of design stuff like region layout and Pokemon distribution. I'm hoping XY doesn't have those problems as well.

My god.

We're judging games that aren't even out.

Also, if you hate a generation of Pokémon, that is hating a number of Pokémon, and if you hate a number of Pokémon... You hate Pokémon. So get out.

As for Pokémon designs... Hitmonchan is a boxer in a dress.

Ditto is an amorphous blob

Voltorb and Electrode... Must I even? I think JWittz said it best...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3aoD9bs00Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Seriously. Every gen has bad designs...

Bolt the Cat said:
Blob55 said:

I hope not, 5th gen was pretty bad by Pokemon standards, especially in terms of design stuff like region layout and Pokemon distribution. I'm hoping XY doesn't have those problems as well.

I'm not talking about design, I'm talking about how you can't get 200-ish Pokémon without Wifi. At least in 4th Gen you could get all non-event mon just by owning HGSS and Platinum.

Back