XY Do you dislike what's been revealed of Gen VI?

Blob55 said:
I'm not talking about design, I'm talking about how you can't get 200-ish Pokémon without Wifi. At least in 4th Gen you could get all non-event mon just by owning HGSS and Platinum.

Which is a shame, because BW and BW2 had room for most if not all of the Pokemon in the National Dex, but they squandered it because of the bad Pokemon distribution (why are there no National Dex Pokemon in BW2 post game areas?), so now you have to rely on the Dream World, Dream Radar, and Poketransfer to complete the National Dex. I don't think that'll be an issue in 6th gen, though, because there's probably going to be more than XY and Z/XY2. 5th gen was kind of short because it was meant to hold us off until they could finish a true next gen game on the 3DS.

Indeed, the pokémon distribution in BW2 sucks... I think you can actually catch more pokémon in BW than in BW2 (specially if you can abuse White Forest)... What Blob55 said is so true... I only have Platinum and SoulSilver. I completed most of the dex with only those 2 games... Then I just bought a second-handed Emerald to catch the Hoenn legendaries, starters and a few other Pokémon that were easier to catch in that game... Emerald is actually useful if you have HG or SS but not both... You can catch some of the version exclusives of those games in Emerald like Phanpy and Teddiursa... It also helps if you want the other Lati-brother...

I liked a lot about BW2, but the game was a too rigid. There was like a set path you had to go through without much space to train or explore. Also, a lot of the pokemon are distributed weirdly, though it did start off pretty good in the beginning with Riolu, Growlithe, and some other decent pokemon in the beginning.

Metalizard said:
Indeed, the pokémon distribution in BW2 sucks... I think you can actually catch more pokémon in BW than in BW2

Well, let's see. Here's a list of the Pokemon unavailable in BW (taken from Serebii):

all past gen starters (36)
all past gen legendaries (26, not counting event Pokemon)
Ekans line (2)
Pikachu line (3)
Diglett line (2)
Meowth line (2)
Growlithe line (2)
Tentacool line (2)
Grimer line (2)
Drowzee line (2)
Voltorb line (2)
Koffing line (2)
Mr. Mime line (2)
Scyther line (2)
Tauros
Eevee line (8)
Natu line (2)
Sudowoodo line (2)
Aipom line (2)
Wooper line (2)
Unown
Girafarig
Snubbull line (2)
Teddiursa line (2)
Slugma line (2)
Skarmory
Phanpy line (2)
Miltank
Zigzagoon line (2)
Nincada line (3)
Makuhita line (2)
Nosepass line (2)
Skitty line (2)
Meditite line (2)
Electrike line (2)
Gulpin line (2)
Numel line (2)
Torkoal
Spoink line (2)
Spinda
Cacnea line (2)
Castform
Kecleon
Duskull line (3)
Snorunt line (3)
Burmy line (3)
Pachirisu
Shellos line (2)
Buneary line (2)
Glameow line (2)
Stunky line (2)
Chatot
Spiritomb
Gible line (3)
Skorupi line (2)
Carnivine
Snover line (2)

Which gives us a total of 171 Pokemon missing from BW1 (not counting event Pokemon).

As for BW2:

All past gen starters (36)
Pidgey line (3)
Ekans line (2)
Pikachu line (3)
Oddish line (4)
Paras line (2)
Diglett line (2)
Machop line (3)
Bellsprout line (3)
Tentacool line (2)
Geodude line (3)
Ponyta line (2)
Gastly line (3)
Voltorb line (2)
Exeggcute line (2)
Cubone line (2)
Tyrogue line (4)
Kangaskhan
Scyther line (2)
Jynx line (2)
Tauros
Porygon line (3)
1st gen legendary bird trio (3)
Mewtwo
Misdreavus line (2)
Slugma line (2)
Houndour line (2)
Stantler
Smeargle
Miltank
2nd gen legendary beast trio (3)
Lugia
Ho-oh
Poochyena line (2)
Zigzagoon line (2)
Wurmple line (5)
Nincada line (3)
Whismur line (3)
Torkoal
Duskull line (3)
Chimecho line (2)
Snorunt line (3)
3rd gen weather trio (3)
Starly line (3)
Kricketot line (2)
Shinx line (3)
Burmy line (3)
Cherubi line (2)
Snover line (2)
4th gen Creation trio (3)
5th gen Kami trio (3)

Which gives us a total of 153 Pokemon missing from BW2 (again, not counting event Pokemon).

So no, BW2 actually has slightly more Pokemon, but only just barely. Still, this is quite sad for a game that boasts an additional 150 Pokemon in their regional dex and a much bigger Unova region fit to hold much more Pokemon that BW1, there should be no excuse for them not to be able to fit the remaining 171 Pokemon from BW1 in this game somehow (or at least most of them, it could get a bit difficult where starters and legendaries are concerned, but they even could've done better than that).

frostwind said:
I liked a lot about BW2, but the game was a too rigid. There was like a set path you had to go through without much space to train or explore. Also, a lot of the pokemon are distributed weirdly, though it did start off pretty good in the beginning with Riolu, Growlithe, and some other decent pokemon in the beginning.

This, this, this.

Both BW1 and BW2 are horribly linear, largely due to that hexagon design in the middle of the region making it harder to include branching paths. There's not much you can do about Unova's design, sadly, but I think they still could've done a bit better.

The Pokemon distribution, however, could've used a lot more polish. I agree, the first few areas were good, and that's mainly because they were new areas that had to be designed from the ground up. If you look at most of the areas that existed in BW1, they actually didn't really change much, which seems to be the main problem with the distribution. Many of the mid game areas are still pretty much the same distribution wise as they were in BW1, lots of 5th gen Pokemon with maybe one or two past gen Pokemon sprinkled in. And many of the formerly post game areas in East Unova were left in their spots as well, which is the reason why so many of them were too late in the game to be of much use. In short, I think what happened is that after they decided on the new storyline path, they failed to consider the implications of putting those areas in a different point during the game, causing the problems we see now. You can see the same problem with other features as well, for instance, you cannot resurrect fossils or hatch eggs until post game because the areas which contained fossil resurrection services and the Day Care are now post game areas. Because of this, I'm inclined to believe the game may have been rushed, they should've spent more time thinking about these sorts of things before releasing the game.

Anyway, here's some things I would've changed:
-Make every Pokemon in the Unova Dex actually catchable (or at least seen in someone's trainer rosters) before beating the game. I can't believe I actually have to say that, it should be common sense.
-Move the Day Care to an early game area, like Flocessy Ranch (although like BW1, they'd have to restrict breeding until a later point in the game should they decide to put it here).
-Include somewhere earlier in the game to restore your fossils so you can get Tirtouga/Archen in the main storyline (I was thinking Driftveil City would be a good place for fossil restoration, and Tirtouga/Archen could be given to you in Relic Castle).
-Include a few more areas into the game:

-Bring back Rt. 10, Challenger's Cave, and Old Victory Road as post game areas. Old Victory Road could be used to reach N's Castle, while Rt. 10 would lead to a new entrance to Challenger's Cave (the old one would be blocked by a Strength boulder). Challenger's Cave would have some National Dex Pokemon as well as Mewtwo.
-Make Black City/White Forest, Rt. 15, and Marvelous Bridge accessible after you reach Undella. Black Skyscraper/White Treehollow would not be accessible until post game, nor would the Lunar Wing be obtainable from the girl in Strange House (thus preventing you from catching Cresselia until post game).
-Add in some completely new areas to the game (I was thinking a new route connecting Flocessy Ranch to Relic Passage, and maybe some additional routes leading from there to Anville Town).
-Expansion to Relic Castle. The middle floors would be intact, but the lower ones would be blocked by a Strength boulder which can only be removed from the Relic Passage side. The maze would be expanded, requiring you to progress through a multi-level maze to reach Volcarona, requiring you to navigate through and around quicksand pits which formed within several rooms. This would also be a good spot to give you the Cover and Plume Fossils.

-Include a patch of grass in Pledge Grove so you can have some early game forest-y Pokemon (the distribution would vaguely resemble Pinwheel Forest, with stuff like Cottonee/Petilil and Timburr so you have something better to use against Cheren).
-Include a patch of grass at the entrance to Twist Mountain so you have viable options for Ice types to use against Drayden (seriously, there's too few options for Ice types until you get to Giant Chasm, which is after Drayden. All you have is Cubchoo and Spheal, which are Winter only, and Lapras, which is extremely rare).
-Here would be some of the major distribution changes:

-Cottonee/Petilil and Timburr would now be catchable in Pledge Grove, and Venipede would be moved there as well.
-Yanma would be a recurring Shaking Spot Pokemon, inhabiting various foresty areas throughout the game starting with Castelia City's park.
-Gligar would be available much earlier in the game, starting with Rt. 4, but also showing up in Reversal Mountain and Rt. 15
-Rt. 16's distribution would be completely changed so it has a different distribution from Rt. 5 (seriously, there's no excuse for this either). Blitzle, Clefairy, and Jigglypuff would be catchable here.
-Slakoth would be catchable in Lostlorn Forest, and Vigoroth would be catchable in Lostlorn Forest's Double Grass, as well as Abundant Shrine
-Munna would be catchable in Lostlorn Forest and Strange House
-Wingull would be catchable in Driftveil Drawbridge (this is another WTF right here), and by Surfing in several earlier game cities (Driftveil City, Virbank City)
-Remoraid would be a recurring Surfing Spot Pokemon in many routes and several port cities.
-Mantyke would also be in Driftveil City and Virbank City.
-Corphish is catchable in Virbank City and Seaside Cave.
-Bronzor would be catchable in Relic Passage in the room leading to Relic Castle, as well as the maze section of Relic Castle itself, as well as Celestial Tower. Bronzong would be catchable in Abundant Shrine and Victory Road.
-Golett would be catchable in Volcarona's Room.
-Beldum would be a rare Pokemon in Chargestone Cave only seen rarely through dust clouds (like, only 5% of the time)
-The new patch of grass in Twist Mountain would contain Vanillite, Cubchoo, and Swinub, as well as Cryogonal through Shaking Spots.
-Vullaby/Rufflet would be seen as early as Reversal Mountain, as well as appearing in Rt. 15. Mandibuzz/Braviary can also be caught throught the Double Grass in Rt. 11, as well as Victory Road.
-Heatmor/Durant would be seen in Reversal Mountain and Victory Road (who's dumb idea was it to put them in Twist Mountain?)
-Ditto is catchable in Strange House
-Carnivine is catchable in Rt. 14.
-Larvitar is seen as early as Rt. 15, and Pupitar appears there too, as well as on Rt. 11 and Victory Road
-Like with Driftveil Drawbridge, Pelipper is also catchable on Marvellous Bridge
-Lickitung, Shuckle, and Tropius are catchable on Rt. 13
-Magmar/Electabuzz is catchable on Rt. 9, as well as Magmortar/Electivire through rustling grass
-Rt. 22 would include more marshy stuff like Palpitoad, Croagunk, and Stunfisk
-True to Victory Road's theme of being a mix of several different areas, it would have a greater variety of Pokemon. Stuff like Lampent and Bronzong would appear in the ruins section, Scolipede would appear in the Forest section, Sawsbuck would appear in the lower outdoor area, Durant and Pupitar would appear in the cave sections, and Heatmor and Mandibuzz/Braviary would appear in the upper outdoor area.

And now for some post game areas:

-Pinwheel Forest would have a ton of National Dex Pokemon. Scyther would be caught here (as well as Rt. 18), Burmy would be found in the inside section, as well as Silcoon/Cascoon as pseudo version exclusives (one would be easily catchable in the main grass, and the other would only be catchable in rustling grass). Nincada and Machoke would appear in the outside section.
-Pikachu, Luxio, Tauros, and Miltank would be found on Rt. 3.
-Loudred would be found in Challenger's Cave.
-Kirlia, Duskull, Kadabra, Misdreavus, and Chimecho would be found in the Dreamyard.
-Rt. 2 and Rt. 1 would contain several regional birds and rodents, namely Pidgeotto, Staravia, and Bibarel.
-Tentacruel can be found on Rt. 17
-Scyther and Ekans can be found on Rt. 18
-Electrode can be found in P2 Laboratory, as can Porygon (through rustling grass)
-Dugtrio and Rhydon appear in Clay Tunnel and the inside of Old Victory Road
-Snorunt and Machoke appear in Twist Mountain.
-Snorunt and Snover appear in the outside of Dragonspiral Tower, and Shelgon appears on the inside.
-Moor of Icirrus now contains Masquerain, now no longer a Swarm Pokemon (Moor of Icirrus could use something to make it a less forgettable area).
-Gloom, Weepinbell, and Arbok appear in Rt. 10
-Loudred, Sableye, and Mawile appear in Challenger's Cave, and Mewtwo is waiting at the bottom.
-Old Victory Road contains Shelgon on the outside, and Dugtrio and Rhydon on the inside.
-Unown would either be in Underground Ruins, or a new post game area of Relic Castle.
-Cynthia would give you a choice of the Sinnoh starters upon defeating her.
-Groudon and Kyogre appear through Terra and Marine Cave in various spots, which you can check through the Seasonal Institute once Reshiram/Zekrom have been caught (the reason why is to not cause a conflict detailed in the next point).
-Rayquaza is catchable in Dragonspiral Tower once Groudon and Kyogre have been caught.
-The swarm Pokemon would be slightly altered. Here are the changes:
-Rt. 19: Linoone
-Virbank Complex: Manectric
-Rt. 4: Hippowdon
-Desert Resort: Marowak
-Rt. 14: Hoppip
-Rt. 15: Kangaskhan
-Rt. 12: Cherrim
-Rt. 11: Doduo
-Giant Chasm: Jynx
-Rt. 23: Fearow
-Rt. 18: Exeggcute

Admittedly, that wouldn't completely eliminate the problem, but that would certainly put us in a much better position than we're in now. The only Pokemon missing from both games then would be:
1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen starters.
Legendary Bird trio
Slugma (I just can't find a good place for the little guy unless we add a new area).
Magcargo
Legendary Beast trio
Lugia and Ho-oh
Creation trio

... Stahp complaining about distribution. Having 524 in a single game is impressive enough.

Seriously. It's pretty difficult to fit them all in without massively messing with consistency and rarity. Having what they do in the game should be enough for you people. But it never will be, because what you people want is a freeroam RPG with every region and every legendary.

Seriously.

Freeroam RPG? Surely you mean an open-world game instead.
tbh as long as they keep making games, I don't think people would be like 'Oh, this is boring, I wanna open-world, blah blah blah.'
And that won't happen, because it is nearly impossible to put an entire world that size into one game cartridge.

Re: RE: Do you dislike what's been revealed of Gen VI?

Haunted Water said:
Freeroam RPG? Surely you mean an open-world game instead.
tbh as long as they keep making games, I don't think people would be like 'Oh, this is boring, I wanna open-world, blah blah blah.'
And that won't happen, because it is nearly impossible to put an entire world that size into one game cartridge.

Seriously. That's all I see as wants anymore on Showdown.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Bolt the Cat said:
PikabooPikachu said:
However, i'm still waiting for the day they make it so you can personalize your character in a main series game (like they did with Battle Rev.).

There's evidence in the trailer that that may actually happen. Notice in the vine swinging scene that the male character's sunglasses came off his head and are floating randomly at the spot where he grabbed the vine.

That's really interesting about the glasses, I never noticed that.

One thing I don't like that's been revealed is how sylveon was introduced. Seemed way to early to present such a mystery of it's type to fans.

PellOfTheTundra said:
... Stahp complaining about distribution. Having 524 in a single game is impressive enough.

Seriously. It's pretty difficult to fit them all in without massively messing with consistency and rarity. Having what they do in the game should be enough for you people. But it never will be, because what you people want is a freeroam RPG with every region and every legendary.

Seriously.

You're missing the point. It's not about "how many", but "which ones" and "when and where we can catch them". BW1/BW2 each have about 400some Pokemon in them. And you're right, that is pretty impressive. But if they have 400 in each game, why can't they fit in 649 between the two of them? There's a ton of Pokemon not available in either, some are starters and legendaries, and sadly we can't really do much about that without the remaining ones feeling forced in there for no reason. But there's a couple of normal Pokemon that would've fit right in BW2's post game that aren't in either. Snorunt, Snover, Ekans, Scyther, and Pikachu are good examples. And it's quite sad, because they actually didn't include any post game Pokemon in post game areas, just more Unova Dex Pokemon.

Which leads me to my next point, the distribution. Many Pokemon in this game are catchable much later in the game than usual, making it hard to build a well rounded team early on (until after you get to East Unova). Okay, it's great that we have all these new Pokemon to use, but it doesn't really help much if you can't get most of them until late in the game. And don't even get me started on the ones that are post game. Not being able to encounter certain Unova Dex Pokemon until after the National Dex is already obtained defeats the purpose of them being in the Unova Dex in the first place. It's even more infuriating if you payed attention to the first details of the game before it even came out, where certain Pokemon like Metagross and Tyranitar were some of the first Pokemon advertised as being in the new Unova Dex and yet they didn't show up until late in the game or even post game.

So no, the distribution does bring about some troublesome consequences, it's not just the pointless bickering of some fan who wants everything at once.

Bolt the Cat said:
PellOfTheTundra said:

Seriously.

You're missing the point. It's not about "how many", but "which ones" and "when and where we can catch them". BW1/BW2 each have about 400some Pokemon in them. And you're right, that is pretty impressive. But if they have 400 in each game, why can't they fit in 649 between the two of them? There's a ton of Pokemon not available in either, some are starters and legendaries, and sadly we can't really do much about that without the remaining ones feeling forced in there for no reason. But there's a couple of normal Pokemon that would've fit right in BW2's post game that aren't in either. Snorunt, Snover, Ekans, Scyther, and Pikachu are good examples. And it's quite sad, because they actually didn't include any post game Pokemon in post game areas, just more Unova Dex Pokemon.

Which leads me to my next point, the distribution. Many Pokemon in this game are catchable much later in the game than usual, making it hard to build a well rounded team early on (until after you get to East Unova). Okay, it's great that we have all these new Pokemon to use, but it doesn't really help much if you can't get most of them until late in the game. And don't even get me started on the ones that are post game. Not being able to encounter certain Unova Dex Pokemon until after the National Dex is already obtained defeats the purpose of them being in the Unova Dex in the first place. It's even more infuriating if you payed attention to the first details of the game before it even came out, where certain Pokemon like Metagross and Tyranitar were some of the first Pokemon advertised as being in the new Unova Dex and yet they didn't show up until late in the game or even post game.

So no, the distribution does bring about some troublesome consequences, it's not just the pointless bickering of some fan who wants everything at once.

I am going to be a jerk here with an eight word response.

"Really? Because that's exactly what it sounds like."

PellOfTheTundra said:

Do I need to spell out some of the problems it causes? Cause I can do that.

All right then:

-I already mentioned the pointlessness of including Unova Dex Pokemon that aren't really catchable until after the National Dex is obtained.
-Day Care is inaccessible until post game because the area it is in is now a post game area. The Day Care is a crucial feature for the game, allowing you to breed Egg Moves and DW abilities onto your Pokemon. Not to mention that some Pokemon cannot be obtained without it. Especially in this game, there's about a dozen Pokemon that can only be obtained by breeding (Wingull, Shuppet, Golett, Larvesta, Cleffa, Budew, Blitzle, Beldum, Vanillite, Deino, there's also Larvitar, Igglybuff, and Tympole, but they're post game anyway)
-There are virtually no options for Ice types to use against Drayden, with most of the Ice types only being catchable in Giant Chasm. Your only options are Cubchoo and Spheal, which are only catchable in Winter, and Lapras, which is extremely rare.
-In general, there's just too few options before you reach East Unova, with about a third of the Unova Dex being restricted until then, some of which aren't really strong enough to warrant being that late in the game (Gligar for example). No other game makes you wait so long to get so many Pokemon, you usually have access to most families in the game by about the 6th gym.

Bolt the Cat said:
PellOfTheTundra said:

All right then:

-I already mentioned the pointlessness of including Unova Dex Pokemon that aren't really catchable until after the National Dex is obtained.
-Day Care is inaccessible until post game because the area it is in is now a post game area. The Day Care is a crucial feature for the game, allowing you to breed Egg Moves and DW abilities onto your Pokemon. Not to mention that some Pokemon cannot be obtained without it. Especially in this game, there's about a dozen Pokemon that can only be obtained by breeding (Wingull, Shuppet, Golett, Larvesta, Cleffa, Budew, Blitzle, Beldum, Vanillite, Deino, there's also Larvitar, Igglybuff, and Tympole, but they're post game anyway)
-There are virtually no options for Ice types to use against Drayden, with most of the Ice types only being catchable in Giant Chasm. Your only options are Cubchoo and Spheal, which are only catchable in Winter, and Lapras, which is extremely rare.
-In general, there's just too few options before you reach East Unova, with about a third of the Unova Dex being restricted until then, some of which aren't really strong enough to warrant being that late in the game (Gligar for example). No other game makes you wait so long to get so many Pokemon, you usually have access to most families in the game by about the 6th gym.

If you have issues against Drayden, you're doing it wrong. I just charged in with a lv 55 Darmanitan and Flare Blitz + Superpower'd the whole gym.

I agree that not ALL mon need to be caught in just one game, but all SHOULD be capture-able within the generation it came in. (Excluding event legendaries).
In Gen 3, we had Ruby and Sapphire for the Hoenn mon, Colosseum and Emerald for Johto mon and XD and FRLG for Kanto Pokémon.
In Gen 4, you could pretty much get everything by owning Platinum and HGSS.
In Gen 5, so far, there are a lot of Pokémon you can't get in-game, without either going to dreamworld or getting Pokémon from 3rd/4th Gen games.
IMO, In Gen 6, the majority of Pokémon in the dex should be Pokémon you can't get in 5th gen.

I'm okay with that. I have a phenomenal team saved up, so given the time, I can continue adding to the Haunted Army.
Besides, it'd make some people happy because they wouldn't have the 'horrible mistakes' of Gen V in the game.

PellOfTheTundra said:
Bolt the Cat said:

All right then:

If you have issues against Drayden, you're doing it wrong. I just charged in with a lv 55 Darmanitan and Flare Blitz + Superpower'd the whole gym.

You really don't need an Ice-type pokemon to beat Drayden. I'm a Water-type user myself and I managed to beat him despite the issue with being not very effective against Dragon-types.

Edit: To be honest, it's kind of pointless to keep complaining about Unova. Each generation have its up and downs. I'm sure GF will learn their mistakes and will make it better than before.

PellOfTheTundra said:

It's not as much about having "issues" with Drayden, it's about having options. You could use a brute force strategy against Drayden, sure. But let's say, for instance, you're a new player and you don't know the game that well, and you want to rely on type advantages to win. Well then, without trading, your only options are Flygon, Haxorus, Altaria, and Lapras (also Beartic and Walrein in the Winter, but you're not likely going to have access to them). Lapras is extremely rare, and a new player probably isn't going to know how to find it at that point in the game or even know that it exists. And Flygon, Haxorus, and Altaria are double edged swords, they have a type advantage against Drayden's Pokemon, but Drayden's Pokemon also have a type advantage against them. So what then?

That's pretty much the big problem with BW2, a lack of options. You can only really play the game a certain way with certain Pokemon thanks to all of the ridiculous restrictions put in place which have no business being there.

Moving forward, this is what I think needs to happen with XY and 6th gen in general:

-250-300 Pokemon in the regional dex, with all of them being seen somewhere throughout the game and most if not all of them catchable (like, only leave a few families at most uncatchable until post game).
-Approximately 400-500 Pokemon total in both games, with the remaining 300some Pokemon catchable in future 6th gen games.
-At least one past gen set of starters available and 5-10 past gen legendaries available post game. This will help us avoid situations where remaining starters and legendaries are crammed into the last game of this gen (the same problem BW2 faced and completely ignored).

Yeah I agree that the game is a bit limited. I had to stop everything and finally evolve my Growlithe and Fraxure.

It would have been impossible to beat him without getting my Arcanine with Outrage or training Haxorus higher than his own. And if you didn't know about not evolving Arcanine right away or the patience to train up a risky dragon even higher than Drayden's its pretty difficult to beat him.

I also agree with the amount of pokemon. 300 is just enough, any more and it takes forever to finish the regional dex. Maybe they can do something with islands like the Sevii Islands that offered another region's pokemon and/or a constantly upgrading Safari Zone.

Well, BW2 had a lot of good additions to the regional dex, and for early game captures (growlithe, riolu, magnemite, elekid & magby, etc.), but then, some of the pokémon in the reg. dex aren't even available before beating the game. And sure, BW2 has more available pokémon but there's the weird cases where you have to breed pokémon that you could catch in BW1, because they just made the evolution available (that's great for in-game play, but not really good for Pokédex completion.). Also, they included some pokémon that weren't in BW1, but also removed Pokémon that were in the first games (which is kinda stupid, like in Route 15, which is still a post-game area but you can't catch Marowak anymore)... I still like the games, they have a lot more stuff than BW1, but the pokémon distribution is just awkward...

If you used Magneton like I did, you won't have many problems with gym leaders except for Clay. I don't believe Ice Beam was available at the point in the game you face him, however, I believe you could obtain Blizzard which is what I did. I just taught it to Samurott since I started with that, but nearly any water Pokemon can learn it.

King Arceus said:
If you used Magneton like I did, you won't have many problems with gym leaders except for Clay. I don't believe Ice Beam was available at the point in the game you face him, however, I believe you could obtain Blizzard which is what I did. I just taught it to Samurott since I started with that, but nearly any water Pokemon can learn it.

Seriously. My team at that point was Darmanitan, Krookodile, and a Golett my friend bred and sent to me. No one but Darmanitan even needed to enter battle. You just take what you have and beast through it. Flare Blitz, Rock Slide, and Superpower are so powerful at that point in the game that Darmanitan is easily the strongest Pokémon you can have up to that point.
Second is probably Samurott, then Eelektross.

Back