BW/BW2 Did Game Freak really run out of ideas for Gen 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"flawed" is subjective.

At the end of the day we all need to remind ourselves that everything that looks good or bad to us is a direct result of out individual opinions, tastes, preferences etc.

@ cool kidmaster: I did not say they were bad, Nintendo wanted to try and start off from scratch again and have Pokemon completely unrelated to the original 498.

Yes but people seem to have trouble with New ''Pokemon''they cannot see it as just and flawed.

@ luigibuster: Of course people are going to complain stuff is flawed. It's a reaction to new things.

^ was like that only on a few pokemon, but i love this gen still. The only pokemon i dont like is the trashbag the others are ok and others are great

Honestly, some of them are so stupid and unoriginal, like Chillarmy's Evolution.
When i first saw it, I thought it was Chillarmy dressed up for a Musical!
But some of them are mind-blowing, like Abagoora, the awesome turtle guy.
(That I have named Crush, by the way :D)

Regarding the Chillarmy evolution, it doesn't really matter that much to me. I mean, in every generation, there's always those unoriginal evolutions. It's nothing new. Magnemite joins up with three more, Slowpoke stands up and get's a shell on it's tail, Doduo gets another head and becomes angered (Because that third head was just too much!) Voltorb turns upside down, etc etc. I still like Chillarmy and it's evolution though.

And also Gear becomes Isshu's Magnemite because the two have the same gist of an evolution. (Gear evolves and more is added onto it.)

Isshu pokemon are divergent counterparts to past Pokemon.

Buffalon is Tauros, Gear is Magnemite, Mamanbou is Luvdisc, etc, etc...

Game Freak still has thousands of ideas for new Pokemon- and 5th generation Pokemon are by far the most creative. It's a natural reaction to new things, you'll get over it.

Yes, and if there is a 6th generation (I can't imagine why not) I think I'd expect to see some more evolutions of pokemon, because there is a complete lack of evolutions of past pokemon in this generation. It's hard to imagine other region though, because this one seems so new. I do wonder when Gamefreak will stop. :/

This generation is supposed to be a fresh, new start. It resembles the 1st generation by having route 1 and also having some of the Pokemon that represent other previous Pokemon of the 1st generation. This generation lacks evolutions of previous Pokemon.

I'd agree very much with what XieRH said,

What we think of as a good and creative design is very subjective, so there's no point in saying it like it's fact.

I'm happy with the pokemon that I really like and the others that I don't care for I'd rather take time to give them a chance grow on me than decide straight away they shouldn't be there...

What you said.
Best part about all of this is that you only have to get the pokemon you want. Dont like it? Dont get it. I like most of the pokemon and no one is going to stop me from getting the ice cream cone and wargle, or make me evolve that trashbag.

What you said.
Best part about all of this is that you only have to get the pokemon you want. Dont like it? Dont get it. I like most of the pokemon and no one is going to stop me from getting the ice cream cone and wargle, or make me evolve that trashbag.

Yeah, I don't think Game Shark is gonna run out of ideas for a while, but....
The Tagmagetakes are a little ridiculous, though.

Mijumaru's evos are ripoffs of mudkip/suicune

i only like the CoroCoro revealed pokemon, gonna wait for the ken sugimori artwork later
though HGSS might become the last pokemon games i ever play if ken sugimori artwork is just as bad and the only 3D-detailed town becomes huin city.

i like only this gen so far though because its very innovative like gen 3/gen 2 was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back