BW/BW2 Did Game Freak really run out of ideas for Gen 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
Alot of people are disappointed with the designs of the 5th Generation Pokemon and I was wondering why Game Freak thought it was a good idea to release them instead of better designs.

We all know there were some downsides but many ppl(including myself) are satisfied with this gen

They be uncreative but alot of them have really nice designs imo

Lest we forget as far back as Gen 1 we had...

081.png

100.png

050.png

...didn't see anyone question game freak back then.

OMG someone delete this thread! Gamefreak is not running out of ideas! How can they? There are an infinite number of animals for them to base things off of, and objects! So you're saying that the things they ahve created aren't ideas? I'm really sick of this topic, it's person!

There is no reason to believe that Gamefreak 'ran out of ideas'. I think that they just wanted to start completely fresh, possibly making original remakes of pokemon that you might have seen before, but in Isshu style. The creators wanted us to think that none of the other regions ever existed. So saying stuff like, "ohh Mamanbo looks like Luvdisc, cause it's a heart disc" its kind of wrong, because from the stance of this Generation, no other pokemon have existed before.

And to be quite honest, I love some of the concepts of pokemon I see in this Gen. My favourite to be honest.

What are you talking about?
I love the new Pokemon. My fav generation ever. :)

ppl complaining about this gen? Go ahead, cant really argue with an opinion, however I myself love this gen far more than the last. Sure we got some really ugly pokemon this gen, however thier were others that stood out and made my favorite list. not a single pokemon from 4th gen looked visually pleasing to me. They werent bad just meh honestly. I see this as a love hate gen. You will either like a pokemon or hate. And honestly thats how i like it. Plus they gave bugs some love this gen (my favorite type) So i'm loving this gen so far.

i love this gen my favorite so far ill admit their is some designs i don't like but u get that every gen i don't think theres anyone who loves every single pokemon

With a game like pokemon, you can't possibly run out of ideas. Look at all the fakemon people have created. You can turn ANYTHING into a pokemon.

yeah
im loving this gen
one of my favorites
i really like that all pokemon are new and not related to older ones
last gen they had tons

Nessthefox said:
You can turn ANYTHING into a pokemon.

Yeah, and it's still funny how even with that in mind, some people complained that certain pokemon "don't look like pokemon". I mean, how can anyone make a remark like that if there are no ground rules on what a pokemon should look like... we've had 5 generations, each helmed by different art teams... the variety and diversity is all there to see.

IMO there are 4 main categories of pokemon:

1. those based on animals or creatures

2. those based om objects

3. those that are humanoid

4. those that are just abstract shapes with faces on them (eg. castform, ditto, many ghost pokemon)

There are standards required for pokemon besides not being human? XD

though i would not say they look less like pokemon but some i think would go into the pokemon lolz category such as the trash bag

but ya different art teams so new style so you cant really say anything about o it doesn't look like pokemon <.< its a different team so of course they dont look like the old pokemon

To be honest, I think a lot of people need to just get used to the new pokemon. At first, I didn't like A LOT of them, but now it seems, I find most of them pretty awesome. Even most of the legendarys. I'm actually starting to love the new Flying Trio. Hopefully I can get my hands on the pure flying one, Torneros. :)

Edit: Like for example, when I first saw the "clam-ninja" pokemon, Agirudar, I thought it was a waste of a bug type, but however, when I further saw it's stats, and what it's capable of doing, I now like it a lot, and am thinking about putting it on my team.

No they haven't run out of ideas, people just don't always agree with they're ideas. Then people mix up not liking a pokemon with it being unoriginal. Simple as that.

Besides people have been saying this sort of thing since the third gen, and obviously it's not true because now we're at the 5th gen. Anyway they had a team of 17 people for designing pokemon this time around, and some of them were completely fresh people (to pokemon designing) so I don't see how there could be a lack of new ideas.

I also don't think there's a way for a pokemon not to look like a pokemon. It's a pokemon if it's catchable in a pokemon game end of story. I view pokemon like I would view aliens....I shouldn't have a definite opinion of what they're like because there will most likely be pokemon to challenge my idea of a pokemon. It's much better to open minded about it. So long as it's not a doodly mess (for reference see my pokemon attempts in sig) I'll accept it. (not necessarily like it but accept it)

I'm with Dizzard, people are just calling pokemon they don't like as unoriginal ideas rather than just admitting they just don't agree with the design.
The time Gamefreak runs out of ideas is the time we get a real Pikaclone, some dis-formed Pikachu that's maybe just a different colour scheme.

Alright, I'm going through all of the pictures and the only ones I disapprove of are: the cartoon unicorn, gear's final evo (just... more gears?), and the final ice cream evo (two ice creams merged together... what a pathetically ill-conceived pokemon). They are such eyesores.

Actually, I'm not one of those "old school" gamers who worship "the old days" and the good ol' pokemon. I'm critical of every generation equally. In particular, whenever I think of Grimer evolving into Muk, I think "more sludge? that's it?" The other one is Jynx, the boob pokemon. If it was supposed a ghoulish pokemon, they could've made it creepier. Otherwise, it's a really goofy looking pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back