• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Computer SHUTDOWN (Metagross/Vileplume) Masters, Cities

I love the deck. How do you plan on winning against the unexpected? I lost 1 game in last years Oregon Regionals and it was to Mamoswine! I would also think more Sableye vs Tomb because after you win in round one, you will likely be known as the guy playing Metagross.

This is a long shot...

But I would add in at least 1 other Metagross just in case your meta brings something like... Umbreon. I know he only hits for 30 + special darks belts. Charizard?

@XFlameMasterX - I agree with you complelty.

@ drewdwn - Thank you for pointing out the Umbreon threat. Any suggestions? I was thinking Marowak from Triumphant?

Umbreon shouldn't be that scary to you. you can bring up their bench and hit around it and if you hit two Magnetic reversals in the same turn then you can bring the umbreon back up and kill it.

I agree Squirt. But any time you rely on coin flips...

Rush I would look too deep into it as Marowak, but there is just the normal UD Metagross which hits for 70 without any pokebodies or powers. I honestly dont know if its worth it really. If you feel good with the coin flips then forget it. Any thoughts on facing Charizard?

I've never had to face a Charizard before So I'm not too sure. Hopefully Vileplume would weaken it down. Another good tech in the list could be Shedinja to snipe around Pokemon like Donphan (Who has no way of retreating unless discarding 4 energies) and Charizard.

Keep in mind that a couple Charizard builds run Warp energy due to the fact that despite being flying, Zard is uncharacteristically slow.
Again, Vileplume's effectiveness depends on which tech the Zard player runs. Some run Infernape 4, others run Blaziken FB, and some go all out with a 4-3-4 line. It depends on who it is, and that decides how you should play accordingly.

Back