• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Computer SHUTDOWN (Metagross/Vileplume) Masters, Cities

Rush17

Aiming for Worlds
What do you guys think of combining Metagross LA and Vileplume? It would be a total disruption deck since Vileplume locks trainers while Metagross can move around the opponent's playing field. All critizicism will be taken! Be kind though :)

4-4-4 Metagross LA
2-2-2 Vileplume (Trainer lock)
4 Spiritomb (Lock)
2 Uxie
1 Unown Q
1 Mesprit
2 Unown Retires

2 Rare Candys (WIll change if you guys don't like :(
1 Luxury Ball
3 BTS

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Bebe's
3 Judge
2 Copycat
1 Interviewer's Questions

3 Warp Energy
4 Sp. Metal
2 Metal
4 DCE

Thanks for reading! :D

Okay, well, Metagross doesn't hit for that much damage. I know though that it has to be active for its Power to work, so, that can't change. (Oh wow, I didn't actually read the card. I feel quite bad about that.) Maybe some Expert Belts? Anyway, these are the changes I suggest:

-1 Mesprit (It's just there, you have no SSU or Seeker to replace it, it'll just take bench space)
-1 Judge (Two is fine in this deck)

+2 Expert Belt (Damage)

I'd also suggest some Energy Exchanger (for the special Energies when you need them) and some Seeker (ONE SIDED TRAINER LOCK!!!!), but I don't know what to take out. Otherwise, I like the deck.

I really like the Seeker Idea! That could help on a few turns during the late game if I wanted to attach some E-Belts. Then again, I'm not sure If I should even include the E-Belts... Great thoughts though. I'll definetly take out the Mesprit.

Any other ideas people?

Okay, well, Metagross doesn't hit for that much damage. I know though that it has to be active for its Power to work, so, that can't change. Maybe some Expert Belts? Anyway, these are the changes I suggest:

Actually it doesn't need to be active.

^ <__< Metagross LA doesn't have to be active for it's power to work...it works on the bench too. Nice idea to combine Metagross LA with Vileplume, since Warp Points are not your friend in this deck. Your goal should be to have Metagross out for as long as possible, that way it can do 100 with Extra Comet Punch. A Warp Point or something that causes you to switch out will reset the damage to 50 remember.

Not sure you really need spiritomb in this deck, since this isn't so much of a lock deck, as it is a set up deck. Locking trainers from the begining may actually slow you down more than your opponent. You should use Sableye instead. Then, once you're set up, candy into Vileplume so they cant warp you out of the way, and start smacking d00ds in the face with Extra Comet Punch. Add Expert Belt, Special {M} energy, and season to taste!
10-metagross.jpg

^ He realized that. Anyways. Nice strategy going on.
-1 Metang
+1 Rare candy.
If you have Rare candy you don't need a full line of pokemon so it would be easier this way.

Nice! So, I should possibly get rid of the spiritombs? I thought that it could possibly resemble a Vilegar deck if I left them in. WHat do you guys think? Keep or get rid of the Spiritombs?

Also, if I did run expert belts, Id HAVE to get them on before Vileplume hits the field. Would it be better to just not use E-belts in the first place?

^ Vileplume makes rare candy difficult. I'd just rock 3 BTS to make setting up more Metagross easier after you've already set Plume up.

So it would be okay to run more Candys if I didn't use Spiritomb... I kind of like that idea. It limits the use of the opponents trainers to only the first few turns. So I would rare candy to Metagross, first hopefully, then into Vileplume.

100 damage isn't all that special, but 120 1 shots things with 120 hp that aren't named Donphan. It's a nice solid attack. Still trying to think of a way to pile on more damage, but Vileplume makes it sorta difficult. Your main goal here is to hit things for 120, and tank like a Mo-Fo with Special {M} energy.

I'm not too worried about Donphan. I've been playtesting against my Donphan deck and MetaPlume has won each time. My Donphan Deck is very Trainor heavy, as it should be, and can only hit a few times before it goes down! :D Then, I don't have enough searching capabilities to search out the other Phans

Of course, that could change if I take out Spiritombs... (Replying to my last post) :p

If you plan to run Toombz, AND Vileplume then you can't really ever expect to use trainers.....at all. That would trainer lock both you and your opponent for the game. It's perfectly fine if you want to go this route, but if you keep Spiritomb get rid of most/all of your trainers.

**As a side note, this is nothing like a VileGar deck. VileGar's modisopperendi(sp?) is to keep your T/S/S in your hand, then smack you repeatedly in the face with Poltergiest. This deck does nothing with the trainers that your opponent is collecting in their hand. This, from what I gather so far, is a pure trainer lock deck, and an abusal of Extra Comet Punch for as long as possible.

^I agree with you completly. So, if I switch to Sableye start, what should my trainer lines be?

3-4 Rare Candys
1 Luxury Ball
3 E-Belts?

This is what I'm expecting from my deck-

~Metagross charged with the 3 needed energy and start swinging with Xtra Comet Punch
~Vileplume to stop the use of Warp Pints, and slowing down Opponent
~Hopefully, a second Metagross to Help build rate of Magnetic Reversal Success.

I used to run this deck, back before UD came out. The key is to swarm your Metagross, that way if you FAILLLL one Magnetic Reversal, you have another to fall back on. If you're really good, if you FAILLL that one you'll have still more to fall back on. Thus, pretty much guaranteeing you drag out who you want to kill off. you should have 2-3 Gross, 4 if you're lucky, 1 Plume, and maybe an Uxie that you previously used, or something like that. You also need to make sure you get your Expert Belts down before you candy into Vileplume. I also suggest running the "Metal Chain" Beldum if you don't already. This way, as soon as you attach an energy, you get another Beldum just like magic! This can also enable you to run less Collector. I'd suggest only 2.

Once again, I can't stress it enough: SWARMSWARMSWARM your Metagross. It almost ensures you get what you need to win the game!

pardon me if I am wrong, which being new I might be, but if it were me I might throw in a couple of rescue energy so you can get your metagross back so you have another coin flip to switch the opponent to fall back on, I could very easily be wrong but hey, it's just a lighthearted idea but I'm no expert ;)

Aw... I wanted to do a deck like this first -.-

But anyway. You could switch 1 metagross LA to SV, that way you can lower the hp of all pokemon and can 1 hit more with the 100 damage punch.

And i think you should keep the spiritomb(s) and mesprit but add 2/3 seeker to the deck. That would help to power lock and to get vileplume out so you can play some trainers.

I would:

take out 3
2 unown retire
1 metagross LA

put in 3
2 seeker
1 metagross SV

^I wouldn't go the SV Metagross route if I were you. Since you'll want to tank with special {M} energy, lowering your own HP isn't the best thing in the world. SV gross only really works when you know exactly what it takes to kill whatever deck your own deck is aimed at taking out. For example, I've seen SV 'Gross used effectively with T-Tar Prime. The goal being to Darkness Howl your opponents Manz into oblivion. Since T-Tar has 160 HP anyways, the 20 loss isn't that big of a deal, and the spread further enforces this.

Your deck is different. Your opponent could very likely use SV 'Gross against you and it may end up being more of a burden than a help. Just saying.

Back