• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: If you could create an Ability for the TCG

Pretty much all of those seem OP except for Confagrigus's one because it only affects Nidoqueen, which no one uses anyway.

on a magnezone

Jamming Signals

As long as Magnezone is in play, if your opponent's Pokemon attacks, flip a coin. If heads, negate the damage from that attack.

More OP stuff...use that with Victini and something that can confuse and they have next to no chance of attacking...

^Victini only affects your own attacks. Besides, it's coin flips due to an attack– even if your opponent was using that Magnezone, you couldn't reflip to try and do damage, because that flip is to to an Ability, not an attack.

It's still way too OP, but only because a 50% chance of doing damage is ridiculous. There's always retreating or Switching out of Confusion, but it could be a problem.

Future Visions

Look at the top five cards of either player's deck and re-arrange them in any order you choose.

More.

Anticipation
If this Pokemon's weakness is the same type as the Defending Pokemon's type, this Pokemon's retreat cost is zero.

Wonder Guard
This Pokemon can only be damaged by Pokemon that have this Pokemon's weakness as their Type (Obviously Shedinja exclusive, who'd only have 30 HP and weak to Fire)

Telepathy
As long as this Pokemon is your active Pokemon, prevent all damage done to your benched Pokemon by attacks.

Analytic
Once during your turn, you may look at your opponent's hand.

Multiscale
If this Pokemon has no Damage Counters on it, any damage taken by this Pokemon is reduced by 30.

Inner Focus
This Pokemon cannot be paralyzed.

Pressure
Whenever the Defending Pokemon attacks this Pokemon, you opponent discards one energy card attached to the Defending Pokemon (after doing damage).

Keen Eye
Your opponent cannot discard Energy cards that are attached to this Pokemon.

Toxic Boost
If this Pokemon is Poisoned, this Pokemon's attacks do 30 more damage.

Flare Boost
If this Pokemon is Burned, this Pokemon's attacks do 30 more damage.

Illusion
Once during your turn, you may flip a coin. If heads return this Pokemon and all cards attached to it into your hand.

Did we ever have an ability that changes the type of any chosen Pokemon of your own to another? That might be neat at some point.

Bippa201 said:
More.
Wonder Guard
This Pokemon can only be damaged by Pokemon that have this Pokemon's weakness as their Type (Obviously Shedinja exclusive, who'd only have 30 HP and weak to Fire)

I like overpowered abilities, but this is a little extreme, in my opinion. Everyone would have to have at least a few Fire-types. It would define the whole format...

Here is one I made for a Lightning Basic Pokemon
Ability - Occasional Spark
Each turn, you may flip 2 coins. If one is heads, the next attack does 10 more damage to the opponent for each L Energy. If both are heads, the next attack does twice the damage to the opponent

Oh, and here you are, PokeMedic.... (this one, I am going to use Mew)
Ability - Reflect Type
Mew may either be a P Pokemon or the same type as its opponent.

Or, for this one, we'll use Alomomola
Ability - Soak
As long as Alomomola is your active Pokemon, your opponent's Pokemon is W type instead of its normal type.

Occasional Spark is way OP imo. 25% chance of doubling power, and getting a 50% chance of a couple pluspower? The user would have to have a pretty poor attack for that not to dominate.

If it ever got to be a Victini Jirachi Legend (or even Victini EX or Jirachi EX) this must be the ability:

Double-Edged Luck
Once during your turn (before you attack) you may use this ability. Flip 3 coins. If all three are heads, you win the game. If all three are tails, you lose the game. You can only use this ability once during the entire game.

The mother of all crucial flips isn't it! :D

you might as well go play cee-low dice instead of pokemon then

For an Excadrill/Sableye.

Scavenge: If Excadrill/Sableye is your Active Pokemon, at the end of your turn, you may discard a card from your opponent's hand without looking.

ProudPokePlayer said:
If it ever got to be a Victini Jirachi Legend (or even Victini EX or Jirachi EX) this must be the ability:

Double-Edged Luck
Once during your turn (before you attack) you may use this ability. Flip 3 coins. If all three are heads, you win the game. If all three are tails, you lose the game. You can only use this ability once during the entire game.

The mother of all crucial flips isn't it! :D

yeah thats pretty OP. Because if you where losing by 5 prizes you could potential when with the luck of a coin flip

i thought of a nice one.

Restrictive Bind.
Once during your turn, before you attack, if your oponent has 5 or more cards in his or her hand, that player discards cards from their hand until they have 4 cards in their hand.
This power can't be used more than once per turn, and/or if effected by a special condition.

a harsh ability, you could just play from the bench. use in a yanmega prime deck for complete disruption. but it would actually help your oponents Typhlosion prime decks, so it would be an evenly balanced

i'm thinking along the lines of Tentacruel, Tangrowth and maybe steelix here. basically, anything that can learn the move Bind in the video games.

^You'd have to limit that to being only if the Pokemon is active or it would probably be overpowered

Ability Transformer
Any move, PokePower, PokeBody, or Ability that affects Pokemon with PokePowers or PokeBodies now affects Pokemon with Abilities.

Redemption to Umbreon so long as it's on a basic! Might be worded wrong, though.

Tiftonhotchild said:
yeah thats pretty OP. Because if you where losing by 5 prizes you could potential when with the luck of a coin flip

Well if you got the luck to win with the ability consistently you would be in Vegas instead :p. Seriously I would really want to see someone like that...

ProudPokePlayer said:
Well if you got the luck to win with the ability consistently you would be in Vegas instead :p. Seriously I would really want to see someone like that...

Well actually I won a game at regionals based completely on luck. I had a Dragonite Fb with 20 HP left. My opponent had a Uxie X active with a DCE on it with 90 hp. My dragonite had one dce and e gain attached. She was a head two prizes. So i took a risk. I could have retreated and tried to stall but I flip for giant tail. I got head and I won the game because of it. I know its not the same but look at the nations Champ he won the last game based on luck. I rather have luck over skill any day.

Tiftonhotchild said:
Well actually I won a game at regionals based completely on luck. I had a Dragonite Fb with 20 HP left. My opponent had a Uxie X active with a DCE on it with 90 hp. My dragonite had one dce and e gain attached. She was a head two prizes. So i took a risk. I could have retreated and tried to stall but I flip for giant tail. I got head and I won the game because of it. I know its not the same but look at the nations Champ he won the last game based on luck. I rather have luck over skill any day.

That's the problem with this game. That's what everyone hates about it. That's why there are some people who like catcher-it will remove reversal and baby flips from the format. So why, why, would you make a stupid card that wins or loses the game for you based on luck? Someone could win any tournament with enough luck. And how do you think that would make actally skilled players feel? Sorry, but I think that ability is kinda bad. I think if you needed a card like that, you do flip a coin. If heads, you take a prize. If tails, your opponent takes a prize. Even that's a bit too much luck for me, though.

Dark Void said:
That's the problem with this game. That's what everyone hates about it. That's why there are some people who like catcher-it will remove reversal and baby flips from the format. So why, why, would you make a stupid card that wins or loses the game for you based on luck? Someone could win any tournament with enough luck. And how do you think that would make actally skilled players feel? Sorry, but I think that ability is kinda bad. I think if you needed a card like that, you do flip a coin. If heads, you take a prize. If tails, your opponent takes a prize. Even that's a bit too much luck for me, though.

If you feel like you need to bash people thoughts and idea on my thread then i as you respectful not to post anymore here. We do not need people like you down folks all the time. This is something I made just so people can express their ideas. If you continue to post stuff like that I will report you to the mods for harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back