• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Bro Power (Magmortar / Electivire / Mewtwo EX)

I have 2 Mewtwo EX, but to make sure I can definitely get them I added 1 Pokemon Fan Club and 1 more Skyla (to get dem Ultra Balls and Such).

The list is now updated with the newest changes :p

DevinTheWelf said:
Pokemon: 14

• Mewtwo EX - 2
    Magmar - 3
    Magmortar - 3
    Electabuzz - 3
    Electivire - 3
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32

• Scramble Switch - 1
    Switch - 1
    Evosoda - 2
    Muscle Band - 3
    Prof Letter - 2
    Escape Rope - 1
    Random Receiver - 2
    Pal Pad - 2
    Ultra Ball - 2
    Prof Sycamore - 3
    N - 3
    Shauna - 2
    Skyla - 3
    Pokemon Fan Club - 1
    Blacksmith - 2
    Training Center - 2
Energy: 14

• Fire - 6
    Electric - 4
    DCE - 4
With

• 2 - Blacksmith
    3 - N
    1 - Pokémon Fan Club
    3 - Professor Sycamore
    3 - Skyla
    2 - Shauna
you are bound to have some Supporter "clashes" (i.e., wanting/needing to play 2 Supporters during the same turn). I'd suggest trying replacing the Skylas with Bicycles to see if that improves your overall draw. Also, by replacing a few of the Supporters with Items, that will improve the effectiveness of your Random Receivers.

Why no Lysandre?

With only 1 PFC, N, Prof, and Shauna all for draw Support, I can't see it being such an issue. I didn't add Lysandre because I just don't have the room for them, but now that I think about it I'll make room for 2.

List is updated, this will be the final edit I'll be doing until I play test it, I'll let you guys know how it goes in a couple weeks when I can get the deck built (Furious Fist still needs to come out).

Thanks to everyone who helped me edit the deck to what it is now :)

So I was able to play a simplified version of this list at the prerelease (I got lucky and pulled doubles of Magmortar/Electivire) and man is this fun. Surprisingly it worked out well even without a solid trainer base I was able to set up and get some tag team action going. This is going to be a fun deck I can't wait to hear how you do once you build it!

Ocho said:
So I was able to play a simplified version of this list at the prerelease (I got lucky and pulled doubles of Magmortar/Electivire) and man is this fun. Surprisingly it worked out well even without a solid trainer base I was able to set up and get some tag team action going. This is going to be a fun deck I can't wait to hear how you do once you build it!
Nice. Congrats.

But why "wait" when you can just proxy the cards you need and start play-testing. When the English scans are posted (Thank You PokéBeach), I just print those images to proxy a deck to begin play-testig as soon as possible. Helps with identifying +/- with a deck early.

TuxedoBlack said:
Ocho said:
Nice. Congrats.

But why "wait" when you can just proxy the cards you need and start play-testing. When the English scans are posted (Thank You PokéBeach), I just print those images to proxy a deck to begin play-testig as soon as possible. Helps with identifying +/- with a deck early.

Thanks! It was lots of fun :) and that's good advice about printing the scans for play testing, thank you for the idea! After having so much fun with this combo I might just try out something similar :)
And of course thanks goes to DevinTheWelf for building this list in the first place, without which I probably wouldn't have played a similar list myself!

Btw, I just noticed that you are only running a 3-3 Magmortar line. Any particular reason(s) why you chose not to run a 4-4 line, especially since that is your main attacker? Just wondering...

TuxedoBlack said:
Btw, I just noticed that you are only running a 3-3 Magmortar line. Any particular why you chose not to run a 4-4 line, especially since that is your main attacker? Just wondering...

To me a 3-3 line is enough :p

DevinTheWelf said:
TuxedoBlack said:
Btw, I just noticed that you are only running a 3-3 Magmortar line. Any particular why you chose not to run a 4-4 line, especially since that is your main attacker? Just wondering...

To me a 3-3 line is enough :p
When I played against some of the new F decks, I found that the 4th Magmortar really came in handy.

I hate to necro this. But this is a deck I've really been excited about playing. After talking with someone online and doing some play testing of my own I came up with this.

I'm sure it needs a lot of work but Yeah.

Pokemon (16)
2 Mewtwo Ex
2-2 Magmortor
2-2 garbadoor
3-3 Electevire

Items (18)
1 Dowsing Machine (ACE SPEC)
2 Switch
2 Float Stone
2 Muscle Band
2 Professors Letter
2 Fiery Torch
3 Ultra Ball
4 Evo Soda

Supporter (14)
1 Lysandre
2 Black Smith
3 Colress
4 Juniper
4 N

Energy (13)
3 DCE
4 Lightning Energy
6 Fire Energy

Since Magmortar can inflict more damage than Electivire, why not commit a 3-3 line to this Magmortar vs. Electivire?

Why only 1 Lysandre and NO Pal Pad?

Why not run 4 DCEs in order to maximize your chances of drawing into 1?

Stuart Hayden said:
I hate to necro this. But this is a deck I've really been excited about playing. After talking with someone online and doing some play testing of my own I came up with this.

I'm sure it needs a lot of work but Yeah.

Pokemon (16)
2 Mewtwo Ex
2-2 Magmortor
2-2 garbadoor
3-3 Electevire

Items (18)
1 Dowsing Machine (ACE SPEC)
2 Switch
2 Float Stone
2 Muscle Band
2 Professors Letter
2 Fiery Torch
3 Ultra Ball
4 Evo Soda

Supporter (14)
1 Lysandre
2 Black Smith
3 Colress
4 Juniper
4 N

Energy (13)
3 DCE
4 Lightning Energy
6 Fire Energy

If you run a 2-2 line of Magmortar, and one of them gets prize, you have to relay on ONE Magmortar to carry you through the game, which will not be fun. No Pal Pad with only 2 Blacksmith is a no no in my eyes because I wish to set up multiple Magmortar. Only have 2 Muscle Band seems silly, as you need the Muscle Band to 1hitKO most EX's, and is also good for Mewtwo. Adding Garbo is a nice idea, but I still need to play test (I'll be going to League today) to see if there's room for it, and if it'll really help. I like the Scramble Switch better than Drowsing Machine because it help with switching (dat 3 retreat cost tho) and can move energy from a damaged Magmortar to a band new one that has no energy.

I think avoid Garbo because it's going to take away focus from your main objective and just give you another strategy to set up, when the focus should be on Magmortar/Electivire :)

Alrighty, I got did some testing at League, so here's the new list!

Mewtwo EX - 2
Magmar - 3
Magmortar - 3
Electabuzz - 3
Electivire - 3
-------------------------------
Trainer: 31

Scramble Switch - 1
Switch - 2
Evosoda - 3
Muscle Band - 3
Prof Letter - 2
Random Reciver - 2
Ultra Ball - 1
Prof Sycamore - 4
N - 3
Shauna - 2
Skyla - 2
Pokemon Fan Club - 1
Lysandre - 2
Training Center - 2

Fire - 6
Electric - 4
DCE - 4

Blacksmith just wasn't needed. I was able to get DCE easily, and with Magmortar's ability or just plain getting the energy on it, Magmortar is able to be set up. If this deck still doesn't do too good, I have a different variant for the deck.

I won't be adding Garbo because nothing with abilities that is heavily used really cripples this deck.

DevinTheWelf said:
Alrighty, I got did some testing at League, so here's the new list!

Mewtwo EX - 2
Magmar - 3
Magmortar - 3
Electabuzz - 3
Electivire - 3
Trainer: 31

Scramble Switch - 1
Switch - 2
Evosoda - 3
Muscle Band - 3
Prof Letter - 2
Random Reciver - 2
Ultra Ball - 1
Prof Sycamore - 4
N - 3
Shauna - 2
Skyla - 2
Pokemon Fan Club - 1
Lysandre - 2
Training Center - 2

Fire - 6
Electric - 4
DCE - 4
Btw, you only have 30 Trainers listed and a total of 58 cards in the deck... More room - yay.

So how did you do at league? Besides deciding to cut blacksmith did you pick up on anything else you don't like about the deck?

Ocho said:
So how did you do at league? Besides deciding to cut blacksmith did you pick up on anything else you don't like about the deck?

The deck did well, but it had some issues (as all decks do before being play tested). One very good thing this deck did was hold it's own against Empoleon/Dusknoir/Miltank (if you don't know, it's a crazy good deck). Overall the deck CAN be good, I just have to get it there~

Devin, could you please Update your first post with the version you are currently running of this deck? A friend of mine is building something around this and we could really use an updated list.

Thanks!

Back