• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Bro Power (Magmortar / Electivire / Mewtwo EX)

DevinTheWelf

A Mach Punch User
Pokemon: 14

• Mewtwo EX - 2
    Magmar - 3
    Magmortar - 3
    Electabuzz - 3
    Electivire - 3
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32

• Scramble Switch - 1
    Switch - 2
    Evosoda - 3
    Muscle Band - 3
    Prof Letter - 2
    Random Reciver - 2
    Ultra Ball - 1
    Trick Shovel - 2
    Prof Sycamore - 4
    N - 3
    Shauna - 2
    Skyla - 2
    Pokemon Fan Club - 1
    Lysandre - 2
    Training Center - 2
Energy: 14

• Fire - 6
    Electric - 4
    DCE - 4

Strategy: Obviously this deck revolves around 2 main Pokemon: Electivire and Magmortar. These two Pokemon work VERY well, but only with each other.

https://pokebeach.com/scans/furious-fists/30-electivire.jpg
https://pokebeach.com/scans/furious-fists/11-magmortar.jpg
https://pokebeach.com/scans/legendary-treasures/54-mewtwo-ex.jpg

Before I explain what the goal of this deck is, I wanna break down a few calculations of what sorta damage this deck can do.

Magmortar's "Twin Bursts": if Electivire is on the bench, this attack does 160, add in a Muscle Band and you get an attack that 1hitKO's pretty much anything besides a Mega Pokemon.

Electivire's "Tag Team Spark": if Magmortar is on the bench, and has 4 energy attached (the amount he needs to attack with "Twin Bursts"), this attack does 100 damage. Enough to KO Yveltal in 1 hit, and it's just overall great damage for an attack that only requires 1 Electric energy! (If I have more than one Magmortar on the bench, the energy from both of them goes twords this attack, so it can add up to pretty scary damage).

Mewtwo EX's "X Ball": if I have two energies and the foe has 3 energy on his active, it does 100 damage (which 1hitKO's any of the Fighting types that are weak to Psychic (which will be all over the place when Furious Fist comes out). If I attach a Muscle Band the foe only needs 2 energy to be 1hitKO'd.

This deck has great coverage. Mewtwo EX is SE against Figthing types like Lucario EX and Machamp, Magmortar is SE against Grass types like Genesect EX and Virizion EX, and Electivire is SE against birdish Pokemon(?) like Yveltal EX and Lugia EX.

Some people might be thinking that the energy cost for Magmortar's "Twin Bursts" is very high, which it is, but with this deck that isn't really a problem. With stuff like Prof Letter, Ultra Ball, Blacksmith, DCE, and Magmortar's attack "Flame Charge" (which for 1 Fire energy does 30 damage and lets me attach a Fire energy to Magmortat from my deck), I can easily get the energy I need onto him. Btw, Electivire only needs 1 energy for his attack, so he's no problem to set up.

I think this deck can be a VERY good one. It has no abilities, so Garbotoxin is no problem. It covers most of the biggest threats in the format, and if overall a deck that hits very hard. If anyone has any suggestions, please say so, I want to work out as many kinks as I can.

If I say "Magnivire" anywhere in this, I mean Electivire.

This sounds awesome. Theoretically you can get your Magmortar set up with four energy in two turns! And like you mentioned, Electivire can hang out on the bench and wait for an energy whenever he gets one to hit for 100 damage.

Through my playing experience with both my Charizard deck and my proxied MagVire deck variation, running lots of Blacksmith will often "clash" with other Supporters you may WANT/NEED to play during that same turn. So, I'd suggest you incorporate some type of Item draw cards like Bicycle or Roller Skates to provide more balance.

I run 3 Bicycle along with my 3 Blacksmith and these seem to work well together, at least for me. I also use 1 Pal Pad too should I need to recover and recycIe any Supporters, like Blacksmith. I also run 4 DCEs to maximize my chances of completely powering-up Magmortar in 1 turn.

Consider replacing your Max Potions for some Bicycle/Roller Skates. The Max Potions, chances are, will not provide much help to either Magmortar or Electivire since they both are easily within 1hko range (despite the Training Center) by most top decks. Skyla may rotate out too; so, they would open up a few slots, as well.

I'm not at home currently, but when I get back I'll switch out 1 black Smith for a Pal Pad and the 2 Max Potion for 2 Bicycle. For now I'll keep the Skyla in until it rotates out with the new format. For now I feel like 3 DCE is sufficient, but if I decide to add 1 more what should I take out?

If you plan on running black smith i would try to run a combanation of firy torch, rollerskates, and bicycle. I plan on making a sumilar deck that will focus more on electiver's tag team spark. Its a great attack.

Ironman131 said:
If you plan on running black smith i would try to run a combanation of firy torch, rollerskates, and bicycle.

I've ran Fiery Torch in past decks, and it doesn't help nearly as much as Ultra Ball. I added some Bicycle, but I really don't feel like adding Roller skates (I don't like the 50% chance).

in my fire deck i run 4 firey torch and 3 roller skates and I like it better than bicycle because it allows me to get more cards as well as get energy in discard pile.

DevinTheWelf said:
Is that how little the +30HP will matter xD? If so I guess I'll do that.
IMHO, that new Stadium "might" buy you a turn or two, but I rather have things I can control, like a 4th DCE. Besides, most of the players I playtest against can either (1) remove my Stadium or (2) run decks can inflict, on average, 140 damage before Laser-Bank.

Personally, I just value a 4th DCE more than the Training Center Stadium.

I'm not sure how I feel about roller skates, most of the time I try to use it, fail, and wish I discarded it for ultra ball

While Blacksmith is a fantastic way to run more Energy onto Magmortar, I would personally use Emboar instead. It's just my opinion, though, because Blacksmith can take up a lot of room in you hand and can't power up Mewtwo. Also, it takes up your supporter for the turn, which can be a difficult choice if you need a Sycamore, well, more(see what I did there?). Also, I would cut a Skyla for another Sycamore or some other Draw Supporter. If you do run Emboar, then I guess it would be good to 1 copy of Cilan or Prof. Letter, since it's a simple way to get more energy into your hand. Also, I would only run 2-2 Electivire.

GadgetJax said:
While Blacksmith is a fantastic way to run more Energy onto Magmortar, I would personally use Emboar instead. It's just my opinion, though, because Blacksmith can take up a lot of room in you hand and can't power up Mewtwo. Also, it takes up your supporter for the turn, which can be a difficult choice if you need a Sycamore, well, more(see what I did there?). Also, I would cut a Skyla for another Sycamore or some other Draw Supporter. If you do run Emboar, then I guess it would be good to 1 copy of Cilan or Prof. Letter, since it's a simple way to get more energy into your hand. Also, I would only run 2-2 Electivire.

Emboar would slow this deck down a LARGE amount. As Tuxedo said, Electivire and Magmortar aren't the bulkiest of Pokemon (even with Training Center), so if they want to unleash the destructive power they can, they need to be set up fast and start attacking. Yes, Emboar is a sorta better way of gettign fire energy, but then I have to worry about him getting switched in with a Lysandre and ko'd. With Blacksmith I get a free Pokemon (Ultra Ball to get rid of Fire energy) and I get 2 energy onto Magmortar. After 1 Blacksmith all I'll need to do is attach a DCE to him, or attach an energy to him, then switch him in to use Flame Charge. In most case, it could take only a few turns to set him up, while Emboar makes it so I have to add in more Pokemon, Rare Candies, and more Prof Letter. And about not being able to power up Mewtwo EX with Blacksmith, I have 4 DCE, I'm sure he's fine xD. Also, I don't want to take out any Electivire lines/Magmortar lines because as I said these Pokemon run off each other, and if I only run a 2-2 line it could get prized. If it gets prized I'll at most only have 1 Electivire, and if it gets KO'd then I lose the game (Magmortar will be doing 100 at most for 4 energy).

After thinking about all the Pokemon that can hit for exactly 120 damage, I got rid of 1 Skyla and put in another Training Center.

I made this deck as well, but added a 1-1 Pyroar line considering that since your main attackers have 120 hp, which could be knocked out pretty easily by most EX. Also instead of having an Ace Spec, I have Spiritomb from Legendary Treasures, which keeps the other player from playing an Ace Spec. I know this shuts down the whole immunity to Garbotoxin, but you could Lysandre the Garbodor and then knock it out with prettty much any of your other Pokemon. These are my suggestions, but hey, it's your deck.

Lot's of Pokemon can be ohko'd by an ex. Look at Raichu, he can be ohko'd by tons of stuff but he doesn't care because when used correctly he will ohko the weak opponent first. To me, this game is all about timing. If I can set up in a timely fashion, or make the right play at the right time, I will significantly increase my chances of winning the match. To me, it doesn't matter how much hp my pokemon has when I take the last prize card!

That being said, I've had tons of games where I could play a super potion or max potion or pokemon center lady or anything else you could think of, but instead end up wishing I had another item I needed or another supporter. Why? Because that healing power will only buy me one extra turn at best, and if I didn't just ko a pokemon, or if I couldn't set up to ko the defending pokemon next turn, I just lost a prize card in spite of my best healing efforts.

I think I would rather keep the Skyla instead of a training center; I would have peace of mind knowing I could search for something useful over hoping I don't get ohko'd. I hope I've been at least adding to this discussion lol!

GhostMaster365 said:
I made this deck as well, but added a 1-1 Pyroar line considering that since your main attackers have 120 hp, which could be knocked out pretty easily by most EX. Also instead of having an Ace Spec, I have Spiritomb from Legendary Treasures, which keeps the other player from playing an Ace Spec. I know this shuts down the whole immunity to Garbotoxin, but you could Lysandre the Garbodor and then knock it out with prettty much any of your other Pokemon. These are my suggestions, but hey, it's your deck.

Sure, they can 1hitko me, but Magmortar can deal up to 180 damage, so I can hit right back. The difference is that they'll be taking 1 prize, I'll be taking 2. Adding Pyroar just adds something that can be knocked off by anything that isn't a basic, or be made completely useless with Garbotoxin.

Ocho said:
Lot's of Pokemon can be ohko'd by an ex. Look at Raichu, he can be ohko'd by tons of stuff but he doesn't care because when used correctly he will ohko the weak opponent first. To me, this game is all about timing. If I can set up in a timely fashion, or make the right play at the right time, I will significantly increase my chances of winning the match. To me, it doesn't matter how much hp my pokemon has when I take the last prize card!

That being said, I've had tons of games where I could play a super potion or max potion or pokemon center lady or anything else you could think of, but instead end up wishing I had another item I needed or another supporter. Why? Because that healing power will only buy me one extra turn at best, and if I didn't just ko a pokemon, or if I couldn't set up to ko the defending pokemon next turn, I just lost a prize card in spite of my best healing efforts.

I think I would rather keep the Skyla instead of a training center; I would have peace of mind knowing I could search for something useful over hoping I don't get ohko'd. I hope I've been at least adding to this discussion lol!

I've been thinking of Dropping Training Center completely, odds are I'll play test with it to see if it comes to good use, if not I'll drop it (after all, play testing is the best way to judge a deck).

That's how I feel about the ohko topic, I'm okay with the idea of it happening to me as long as I'm ready (or can be ready) to dish it right back!

I'm looking forward to hearing how your playtesting goes! I think this is going to be a great combo and I think you've built a great deck. It will be interesting to hear how it plays out with the training centers/skylas :)

Sorry I've never been able to quote that well on forums.

I've already started play-testing this deck (via proxies). I suggest you consider adding a Mewtwo EX as a counter to some of the Fighting decks you'll encounter. Those decks can inflict an insane amount of damage for just a single F energy (which means they can just "out-speed" MagVire in the prize exchange since the F deck Poke energy requirements are much lower).

Back