Boy Scouts

MrGatr said:
When you get one a month plus ten at camp it's easy to get them lol
Bull all camps only do 6 sessions ten is impossible I don't think that you are a Boyscout sir.

SheNinja said:
I just lost my partial in Sculpture ;___;

I only had to paint the copy of the first piece and now I have to do the whole thing over again ;___;
Well that sucks. I just finished my final merit badge and getting ready to submit my project.

Completed Lifesaving, Camping, Environmental Science, and Rifle Shooting and have a partial in Shotgun Shooting.

Planning with the counselor for Coin Collecting, Fingerprinting, and Athletics.

Lol. Folks, this isn't a chat room. Please put forth something valuable to discuss and take the petty exchanges to IM or PM. Thanks a lot!

So Game Design, Programming, and Sustainability merit badges have been added this year (I think I missed one). Thoughts?

I'm going to meet with the counselor for First Aid and Cit in the Nation on Monday, and Coin Collecting, Athletics, and Fingerprinting on Tuesday :D

Architecture is almost done, I just need to set a date with the counselor.

Traffic Safety needs a counselor.

Golf and Cooking needs a call to the counselor (#TooLazy).

Getting a jumpstart :D

I've actually been wanting a thread like this for a while now.

Life Scout, Troop Head QM & DC, Currently Fill-in ASPL, Librarian & Bugler also, OA Candidate (ordeal in Aug.), Attendee of NYLT-TA186 - Staffing NYLT-TA191 of Spring 2014, plus lots of other stuff.

Got all White Ringers for Eagle minus the exercise tracking req. of P. Fitness (it's summer, I'm lazy), getting Comm. & Family Life signed off, and a couple of req's for Cit. Comm. Got a couple of ideas for project. Otherwise, I completed another 25 or so Green Ringers, probably another 20 partials that I should finish when I don't have to do something with the trailer, Cub Scouts/Webelos, advancing the 1st years, or a number of other things.

Advice: Go to the High Adventure Bases, Sea Base is great (Keys Adventure is best and most diverse of them, Out Island is good too), N. Tier sounds strenuous but a lot of fun, Philmont seems great but also overhyped (at least in my troop), and I can't say anything about Summit yet. Also, if your Council/District does A Cub Scout Day Camp or Resident Camp, try to staff it, I did a Day Camp earlier this summer and I had a blast in addition to meeting other great Scouts of other nearby troops.

SheNinja said:
20 partials?!

Like I said, Senior Leadership takes a lot from me, as I'm like the 5th oldest active troop member, and I have all of my Quartermasterly duties along with my constant helping out with our troops' recruiting and leadership training. If I could get even 1 night every 2 or 3 months to finish them for the next year, I could, but because I'm so nice, I can't have nice things (except for the equipment in my trailer (even though most of it is in storage because of the summer camps)). Also, I live in a pretty urban part of Texas, so where am I supposed to find an Instructor for a MB like Forestry?

I had a partial but lost it, and now I have a partial in Shotgun Shooting.

I might have a few partials after this year, though. So many merit badges so little time D: :D

Just don't lose an almost complete white ringer partial like I did with my camping MB. At least there was an electronic file backing up the blue card.

I lost Sculpture, so it was okay. I can do it again.

EDIT: Electronic backups are allowed and honoured by BSA for merit badge applications?

No, but my troop has gotten into backing up this info electronically just in case something like this happens, and is good for additional record keeping. When somebody turns in a blue card, the info is inputted into the computer, and is able to be put onto a physical blue card to be turned into the council/district.

Also, I'm looking for a merit badge that my friend and I could do together. It can't include any of the following:

Architecture
Athletics
Aviation
Basketry
Camping
Citizenship in the Nation
Citizenship in the World
Coin Collecting
Cooking
Dog Care
Environmental Science
Family Life
Fingerprinting
First Aid
Golf
Leatherwork
Lifesaving
Metalwork
Pet Care
Rifle Shooting
Scuba Diving
Sculpture
Shotgun Shooting
Sports
Swimming
Weather

Most of my MBs are from the more practical Summer and Winter Camps, so this limits my perspective. You seem to be talking about a MB that can easily be done on your own time, which I haven't started many of.
However, some pretty easy MBs that I have done are:
Chemistry
Chess
Electricity
Energy
Fire Safety
Indian Lore
Weather

Oh and he already has Weather.

Chess/Game Design/Programming/Law don't have counselors.

And he can't do Sports; he doesn't do any sports that are required for it.

:/

EDIT: Scratch that, Indian Lore can be done. I thought the trip to a local tribe was required.

Back