Boy Scouts

My dad was in Scouts as a kid (I think he almost made it to Eagle?), so of course my brothers and I were also Scouts. Moved up from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts, then I got bored with it (what DNA said, "if the stuff like camping or whatever doesn't come naturally, they get disenchanted," is what happened to me).

It was an enjoyable experience that taught me many important things and created many cherished memories, but I just couldn't devote enough time to it after I started wanting to focus all of my attention to my true life passion: art.

I still have some of my Pinewood Derby cars and trophies. I made a Mewtwo car, a Pikachu car (oddly enough, my fastest car), a Dragon car, and a car with some Feraligatr and Meganium art glued onto it.

I'm in 1st Class and all I need for Star Scout is a few Eagle badges (my only requirement left for Emergency Preparedness is to get the First Aid badge, so two-in-one!).

Also, is anyone going to the Nation Jamboree this summer? I am. :D

SheNinja said:
Wait Nigel I thought you were 14 years old lol.

Nigel I already almost have those Citizenship merit badges done ^_^

You can be Eagle at 14. I had all the requirements to get mine at 13, but you're only allowed to get your Eagle Scout if you're 14 or older.

And yea, if you get those out of the way, then the rest are easy.

but you're only allowed to get your Eagle Scout if you're 14 or older.
That is Scoutmaster discretion. I know the Scoutmaster in my troop wouldn't sign off for Eagle for any boy under 15. It's possible in theory to get the requirements for Eagle finished at 12...in theory. Odds are if they finished that fast they probably learned nothing.
Because seriously, Eagle at 13/14 what

Scoutmaster discretion

In order to join Boy Scouts you need to be 13 years old, in sixth grade or higher, or earned the arrow of light.

the minimum amount of time you could have after you join boy scouts to earn eagle is 1 year IIRC

SheNinja said:
Scoutmaster discretion

In order to join Boy Scouts you need to be 11 years old, in fifth grade or higher, or earned the arrow of light.

the minimum amount of time you could have after you join boy scouts to earn eagle is 1 year 5 months IIRC

FTFY

Nigel said:
Eagle Scout here. As some advice, make sure to get the Citizenship merit badges done before any other ones. They are eagle required, and are the most boring merit badges there are.
You mean Personal Management. I get it's about budgeting and whatnot, but that means nothing to a 12 year old.
SheNinja said:
lol I could've just been like 8.
Except they wouldn't allow you to join for another 3 years.

Minimum age is either 11, or 10.5 + Arrow of Light.

You mean Personal Management. I get it's about budgeting and whatnot, but that means nothing to a 12 year old.
Stuff like this is probably why my SM doesn't sign off scouts younger than 15 for Eagle. Personal Management is one of the most useful, and one of the most difficult, merit badges there is.

Wow, I beat all of you cept the rest of us Eagle Scouts. Eagle Scout, almost 50 merit badges, and I'm the youth chapter leader for my area, and I've already been on two camps, and will be working on one this next summer....

WHAT NOW DNA!!!

MrGatr said:
Wow, I beat all of you cept the rest of us Eagle Scouts. Eagle Scout, almost 50 merit badges, and I'm the youth chapter leader for my area, and I've already been on two camps, and will be working on one this next summer....

WHAT NOW DNA!!!
You've only been to two camps? and you have 50 merit badges?

DNA said:
Minimum age is either 11, or 10.5 + Arrow of Light.

Stuff like this is probably why my SM doesn't sign off scouts younger than 15 for Eagle. Personal Management is one of the most useful, and one of the most difficult, merit badges there is.
The age requirement is 14 for my county.

I just lost my partial in Sculpture ;___;

I only had to paint the copy of the first piece and now I have to do the whole thing over again ;___;

Back