Artistic Inquiries Thread - Ask Anything Related to Art!

RE: Art Questions Thread

640px-MKW_Logo.jpg

In the picture above, what font is the "Mario Kart"?

Does anyone know where to get the ground sprite from a Pokemon Black and White Battle, I mean these sprites---
r2ri2t.jpg

When on Gimp making a render, how do you get parts like the ice on Glaceon (18) Between the ear and leg with out deleting the entire thing. If that made no sense at all, just say so.

You render the outline of the whole thing. Then you can go back and render that out. Additionally you can do the space between the ear first and then the body. It should also be noted that you can make multiple paths so you can do both at the same time.

@glaceon

No idea which glaceon card you're referring to :p

But I guess you're dealing with removing things internally. lilsparks101's approach of multiple paths is probably the best approach.
19594526.jpg

Anyway if you're performing the work on a layer mask you can backtrack easily if anything goes wrong

The first Glaceon card excludeing the lv. x ont his: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/archive/index.php/thread-50128.html

I can't seem to delete that small ice area.

that small ice area.

You mean like here?
37694194.jpg

(orange is transparent, the colour is there on a separate layer to show transparent regions clearly.)

I think he means the normal Glaceon.. I think it's 20/100..

EDIT

This I think

20-glaceon.jpg

Ya I just gave up that. After I erased the middle, red dots appeared.

Red dots???

That is weird... do you have red stuff underneath in another layer? Or something wrong with your layer mask?

If you can, post a screencap for us to take a look

OK, so I recently downloaded Photoshop CS2 on to my new Windows 7 laptop, and when I went to Filter-Render-Lighting Effects, several problems came up. One of them are the styles. In the Lighting Effects screen, there should be a drop down that tells you what Lighting Effects options you have, but when I hit that dropdown, nothing shows up. I went and looked at my computer's files and I noticed the the default Lighting Effects Styles are on the computer, but Photoshop can't load them.

Also, whenever I actually do some lighting effects, for some reason the bottom two pixels of the canvas is not affected by the Lighting Effects Filter.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

cs2_lighting_effects_problem_by_gliscorz-d378hwt.png

Never happened to me once.. The marquee tool wasn't used?

@Glaceon

An image maybe?

No, the Marquee Tool was not used. This actually happens every time I use the Lighting Effects filter.

I think your software has issues... if such problems persist regardless of what different pics you're working with, it's pretty much a software problem... and that probably means reinstalling and keeping fingers crossed...

Okay, so how do you make it so that the render is copied in different places, like in the second slide in this tutorial?

Credit to PokeFanJosh for the example.

In Photoshop, you can hold Alt, click on the image, and then drag it the image to move and duplicate it at the same time. In Gimp, there might be another way, but you can duplicate the render layer and then move it.

Back