Artistic Inquiries Thread - Ask Anything Related to Art!

RE: Art Questions Thread

I asked this on the old thread, where can you find high quality Sugimori art? Flame Claw gave a good link last time. Thanks in advance!

http://gallery.gtsplus.net/

However rendering images from Card Art (TCG) is usually a better alternative for more advanced signature makers.

GTS plus has everything so it's sufficient in most cases.

For colour-sampling when I do art I prefer to refer to this
http://www.lightofthestars.com/poke-creators/sugimori.htm

because it has everything on 1 page (it's a good page to test how fast your browser can handle loading multimedia content).

Hold (Ctrl) and then click (T) on your keyboard. To keep the ratio of the width and height either hold shift on your keyboard or click the little chain link.

You can also go to the [Image] Tab and then scroll down to Image Size and change it from there.

How can you increase or decrease the sizes in GIMP?

There's a layer/selection scaling tool in the toolbox (shift+T is the shortcut).

For scaling the entire image, the Scale Image function is under the Image menu in the menu bar.

For scaling the canvas, the Canvas Size function is under the Image menu in the menu bar. Note that canvas scaling does not resize the image, it basically just increases or decreases your "drawing space" by resizing the boundaries of the canvas. It is not the same as image scaling.

Does anyone know where a great website is that has great C4D's?

C4D's? I usually get them off Planetrenders, or I do a search on Deviantart for them.

Have fun :D

Well guys, as much as I love these designing and stuff. I'm a total fail at rendering. Do you guys have any suggestions how to render a in Photoshop in a quality manner?

Well basically all it takes is practice Hero. Just find a basic looking stock and get out your pen tool and just try outline it to the best of your ability. I am learning this too and I think I'm getting the knack of it.

Just like what Josh said, the Pentool is the best way to render. I highly recommend it over the Polygon Select Tool since if you make a mistake with the Pentool, you can undo it. Make sure you don't have Freeform Pentool selected too.

For rendering, take it nice and slow, and try to start out with something easy.

yeah and one last thing don't try anything with real fur/hair atm! Even some of the better renderererers have trouble with hair.

Yeah, nice and easy does the trick. I got the hang of it now. (At least I think I did) Everything is coming smoother than how I expected it to be. Also my feather is set to [0.2] Therefore ... yeah ... very smooth :). Thanks for your help guys.

P.S. :
@PokeFanJosh
Hair and fur? No way I'm going to try that till I really get the hang of this. Also won't try it till I find a good graphic designing class or tutor.

haha yeah just decided to tell you in case you were thinking about it! Very difficult haha.
And wow GFX Class or Tutor? I don't think rendering really requires any extra help rather than practice and maybe a few tips. Not exactly worth it :S

Yeah you dont need a graphics designing class for this. A graphics designing class would teach you how to make one from scratch :p

Would anyone know what font this person made on this banner. The words "Shock Version", I would like to know that font.

2ptdnkn.png

Would anyone know what font this person made on this banner. The words "Shock Version", I would like to know that font.

Futura LT Extra Bold

Back