Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

You expected the Dragon type Pokemon to not be weak to Fairy...?

We haven't had a single Dragon type card weak to Dragon printed in any XY set.

The problem being that you have to include so much tech into Dragon decks to make them not auto losses to Fairy decks.

this card is the holy god that will smite toads and its going to use grass so it will fit with a grass deck

as it is it can be deadly to decks with alot of special energy focus like toads and dragons but with vileplume out your opponent will be totally shut down

And that is how you officially ban Seismitoad without officially banning Seismitoad.

The artwork is astonishing 0.0 We can hope again for a giratina deck :D

To be honest I always expected a special Electric Energy to do something like cut down the energy cost for attacks. Something more decent.

Ditching Weakness in an era when Weakness x2 damage and your Weakness is one of the top Types in the game is "decent". It isn't going to affect all match-ups, but when it matters it likely really matters. Your mileage will vary of course according to the HP of the Pokémon in question.

While I agree I would have expected a different effect for a Lightning-Type exclusive Special Energy there is a problem: ideas like you suggest or like my own (an [LL] or [LLL] Energy that discards itself at the end of the turn) would just be way too good with anything resembling the pending card pool. I mean, we've got this new Jolteon scheduled for the same set that will allow the Energy to work for basically any Stage 1.

I'm just really happy, that despite we got another Giratina, it is in its Origin Forme, unlike Shaymin who has been in its Sky Forme in all of its EXs. Also the artwork looks amazing!

The artwork almost looks suspiciously good... :eek:

If there's going to be an Arceus-EX in the next decade, if that, please make it be illustrated by whoever this amazing artist is. PLEASE.

I'm guessing that the first attack/ability will be no Safeguard/Intimidating main, but I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see....
Anyway, if that 100 damage attack doesn't cost too much (although a cost of 4 wouldn't be that surprising), we could have a good card. And I don't mind that retreat cost of 3, since we have Hydreigon-EX to at least remove most of the retreat cost (can Dragon Road stack?)

I'm guessing that the first attack/ability will be no Safeguard/Intimidating main, but I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see....
Anyway, if that 100 damage attack doesn't cost too much (although a cost of 4 wouldn't be that surprising), we could have a good card. And I don't mind that retreat cost of 3, since we have Hydreigon-EX to at least remove most of the retreat cost (can Dragon Road stack?)
While I cannot say officially (read not a professor), I do know that Hydreigon EX's ability can stack as it's just a -2 for retreat and it doesn't state that it cannot stack.

EDIT: Here's a judge's ruling on it that confirms what I thought.
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/can-dragon-road-be-stacked.123839/

If that Giratina EX blocked all tools, stadiums and special energy, all we need now is Vileplume in play, and Voila!! complete and utter shut down of a deck.
Now i just play my Xerosic cards to remove what tools and special energy the opponent has in play, and they'll probably scoop their game, or concede within the next 2 minutes. maybe less.
also if i remember back to Dragon's Exulted. The Giratina EX in that set used Grass and Psychic energy to power up it's attack. The odds are high that it will need both Grass and Psychic for it's second attack, but Double Dragon energy nullifies this cost.

Don't care if it's Giratina, we get it's origin form and MY GOD THE ART WORK IS SO BEAUTIFUL.

I need like, 50 for my collection...

I hope the full art looks just as good.

Last edited:
Artwork and playability aside, I'm getting really fed up with these repeat EX's. I'm also kind of annoyed by how Machamp-EX is the only non-Legendary Basic EX so far, just sitting by his lonesome. Lugia-EX could have been Staraptor-EX or Braviary-EX, Kyurem-EX could have been Avalugg-EX or Lapras-EX (even Regice or Suicune would've been better), and Giratina-EX here could easily have been something like Goodra-EX or Haxorus-EX. Just wishful thinking.

I am defiantly going to make a Girantina EX/ Vileplume/ M Sceptile EX deck and maybe include cards like Ninetails and silent lab. The problem when you get Vileplume set up it will probably be Lysandre bait so hopefully they reprint a card like float stone to allow for free retreat so the lock doesn't get broken.

Jolteon and Friends could be a fun deck and it has potential to be a good deck. I thought about pairing Jolteon with Trevenant.

HOLY ...!!! (I actually started yelling that when I saw the news) All you people complaining about "another" Giratina-EX, get out! You have no ideia how much I wanted to see an Origin Forme Giratina-EX, and now it's finally here!! Its artwork is so awesome, it's beautiful, one of the best so far in the game... and it's Dragon-type!
I should have suspected, the whole dimensional ring theme and all... I think it should have 180 HP, and we still don't know its attack's energy cost but it seems to be a decent card to play...
I can't wait for the FA!

Edit: I'm thinking, by the partial description we have, its first attack might be Shadow Force...
Edit2: Maybe not... Its description would probably be longer if it was Shadow Force.

Last edited:
Back