• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Ambipom/Weavile minus the Ambipom

These are all really good ideas! If my idea doesn't work as well as I hope, I may try out Persian/Weavile. As for Regigigas, that might actually work since I will have plenty of turns to set one up since I'd only use it for the last prize or two. I'd also avoid needing Rainbows with Shaymin.

I've gained all of the essential cards to run this deck - as well as various other techs from trading online. I'll do some testing later / tomorrow and give you some figures on my success.

Edit: I'd like to add that I ran a Weavile / Slowking / Regi lock deck for States and went 5-3 / 4-4 against fairly competent opponents, but I stopped playing it for other pastures. The idea was fairly solid, and I know of some immediate improvements I could have made, so I'll be dabbling with different techs here and there~

That was fast! I had trouble getting people to trade their Catcher for Zekrom EX! How ever did you do it?

Right, Have just re-built Ambipom / Weavile / Slowking
I have spare Drifiblim's and Zeb's to try both of them as well.

@mora - Yeah the general idea is to use Regitank when you need to quickly grab your last 2-3 prizes. Hopefully at this point you have setup a strong lock. Then you can drop Regi knowning that you shouldn't be able to get KO'd in one hit. Unless you are playing a Terrakion deck. But that's when Drifiblim could be handy to "Take out" there Terrakion. Defintely keep playing with the deck anyway! I have battle roads tomorrow so maybe I will play this deck instead of ZekEels or CMT

I just played my friend's ZekEels and I wasn't able to maintain the lock. Do you think it would be a good idea to take out 1-1 Weavile for 1-1 Zebstrika? I'll admit I've only tested it with 2 Junipers instead of the 3 I have on the list. By the way, good luck tomorrow, and please, let me know how you do.

Will do :)

That's why I prefer Ambipom over Zeb. Trainer lock is good :) But I prefer to keep my opponents hand at 0 for the whole game :p Which is why I love my boy Ambipom!

The amount of times I get a turn 1 judge, followed by a turn 2 Ambipom get them down to two cards, luck out with another draw card and get the weavile to get them to 1! It's insane! Would be wicked to win a BR with this deck :p I am not counting on it but I will do my best! If I can remember to take a note book to get game by game plays I will

It may be easier if you keep up trainer lock starting from T1, though it may make your setting up harder as well. Spiritomb could help.

Y
Kingdra_fan said:
Will do :)

That's why I prefer Ambipom over Zeb. Trainer lock is good :) But I prefer to keep my opponents hand at 0 for the whole game :p Which is why I love my boy Ambipom!

The amount of times I get a turn 1 judge, followed by a turn 2 Ambipom get them down to two cards, luck out with another draw card and get the weavile to get them to 1! It's insane! Would be wicked to win a BR with this deck :p I am not counting on it but I will do my best! If I can remember to take a note book to get game by game plays I will

That's not what happened when I played it. It was more like T1 Judge followed by T2 Juniper for them :p I remember ZPST put me out of business with Ambipom, but I might try going back to that as well.

Jirachi said:
It may be easier if you keep up trainer lock starting from T1, though it may make your setting up harder as well. Spiritomb could help.

I wish. I'd do it, too.

And I belive it's from Arceus.

I think beheeyem might be able to help as well. In the beginning of the game with beheeyem you could further limit their hand so they have a really hard time setting up while you do, and then start attacking with zebstrika. Plus with beheeyem you could also look at their hand so you know what they have.

Teddiursa from CL I think has a 50% chance of trainer locking for a colorless energy, right? But anyways, Weavile also looks at their hand so I dont really see beheeyem as being helpful.

Well, it helps further limiting them while they are setting up so its even harder for them. And it also diminishes their hand even more. It was just an idea. Maybe another ssu or seeker may help?

I wouldn't add Beheeyem because I have Weavile, and I wouldn't add Teddiursa because then I would have to wait till T3 for the Disconnect. The reason I have Weavile instead of Persian or Beheeyem is because Weavile's usefullness comes from his Power, so Zebstrika and he can be used in coordination. I'll certainly play around with these idea over the next few days if I find I can't consistently maintain the lock.

-3 Collector (You want to be using Hooligans a lot)
-1 Catcher (You only need 2)
-3 Juniper (PONT and Judge are better)
-1-1 Weavile (You only need to discard 2-4 cards a game and you also have Hooligans)
+4 Dual Ball (Get out basics)
+1 Junk Arm (4 is a MUST)
+1 Hooligans (4 is very good)
+3 PONT (Better than juniper)

I's rather have Juniper than PONT; if I could draw one that would be great. You'd think with Slowking I could. Anyway, I will try to find room for Hooligans and a Junk Arm. I may drop the 1-1 Weavile.

Here are the changes I made:
-1-1 Weavile
-1 Switch (trainer lock, so I shouldn't have to deal with to many Catchers)

+1 Regigigas EX
+1 Hooligans
+1 Junk Arm

Mora said:
That was fast! I had trouble getting people to trade their Catcher for Zekrom EX! How ever did you do it?

Hehe, well I've always had a decent collection online due to putting in booster codes whenever I get packs / boxes. I then recently got like ~80 codes for $20, and with my huge collection of desirable / trainers, I can get anything I want.

Once you get those Junk Arms and Catchers, everything else is easy if you know how to trade well!

Megaphone said:
Hehe, well I've always had a decent collection online due to putting in booster codes whenever I get packs / boxes. I then recently got like ~80 codes for $20, and with my huge collection of desirable / trainers, I can get anything I want.

Once you get those Junk Arms and Catchers, everything else is easy if you know how to trade well!

I'm guessing that doesn't apply to Typhlosions. I offered Regigigas for Typhlosion. (I know that's a bad trade, but I was desperate.) Someone sent me a counter offer asking for Regigigas, Jirachi, and Zoroark...

Mora said:
I'm guessing that doesn't apply to Typhlosions. I offered Regigigas for Typhlosion. (I know that's a bad trade, but I was desperate.) Someone sent me a counter offer asking for Regigigas, Jirachi, and Zoroark...

Well, it should! Just got to keep at it throughout the day makin public offers~

Back