A Bunch Of Information From China

I'm not a huge fan of the concept art but then it is just concept art so it can't be judged too harshly. Not a fan of this building the league and no gyms thing though I mean maybe the execution will be better the concept but that's just too much of a departure for me, on paper at least.

I deeply hope that the No Gym thing is true. Time to shake up this universe. But if that would make Synchro evolution and Litten's leaked final stage real... I'd rather stick to the old model.

I deeply hope that the No Gym thing is true. Time to shake up this universe. But if that would make Synchro evolution and Litten's leaked final stage real... I'd rather stick to the old model.
Like many "leakers" on the internet do, they try to throw in 1-2 fake things in their leaks and I'm pretty sure that gyms will remain in the main series games. I HIGHLY doubt that the core formula of Pokemon itself would just be torn up.

As for Synchro Evolution, I'll admit I was a bit annoyed that they were releasing two mechanics back to back in generations, but now that they've guessed what it does, I'm willing to give it a try. My only concern is that they'd make the 5 move possibility WAY to broken in the meta game...

Finally, Litten's final form isn't that bad. If you look at the Art, it suggests it being Fire/Dark type. This can further be backed up by the fact it's based on a heel wrestler, and likes to "fight dirty". However, in a Pokemon game I really only need to like one starter for me to like them as a set. But I like all three.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

However, these also have a lot more credibility because of their design.

Rowlet evolves in Archer. This makes sense because they are silent while attacking, which lines up perfectly with Rowlet being an Archer. They also have a move called Leafage, which is like shooting a leaf from its plumage, like a dart or an arrow.

Litten evolves into a Wrestler. Sure, you might think of wrestlers as "hot headed" and Litten is pretty much the opposite, but then again, it's also mentioned that Litten has lots of passion. What does wrestling require tons of? Passion.

Popplio's story is kind of, "be careful who you call ugly in middle school". Popplio is already seen as dorky, and clown like. As a result, the Pokemon community doesn't really like Popplio, and give tons of phrase to Rowlet (sets up flame shield) who really isn't as great as people think he is. Popplio goes from being the odd looking sea lion (or seal or whatever) to this goddess of a Pokemon, which is something truly beautiful, and an amazing concept for Pokemon to involve. Also, the Pokemon looks amazing, and if these leaks are real, I'm choosing Popplio all the way.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Then there are other aspects of this, a sea cucumber, dolphin, and rugby monkey all sound like different things that I don't really recognize (unless I'm being stupid and Mankey is a rugby monkey, sorry I'm tired) in the Pokemon world. I'm not sure Id catch any of those Pokemon, as none of them really appeal to me much. But, I'm sure for all those people who've been CLAMORING for a dolphin for years, you'll love that.

I hope you realize in the original post that the guy says that "the no gyms" is a mistranslation and that it means there's no info on gyms, sorry!

For those who want to see the "leaked final evos" look here: http://imgur.com/a/8OGNM

I like the archer, but Litten final evo... Why? I just want to see a final fire starter evolution who actually stands in 4 legs...

The leak with the starter's final names/typings has been debunked. The supposed video that was supposed to release didn't.

Chinese leak still has a little credibility, but still.
I don't think many people believed that in the first place. The first time I saw it, I stop reading at, "Hi guys, I got ******* fired". With it also being on 4chan didn't really help it seem credible either.

I'm pretty sure he just said what the rumor had said, and then added his own things, just to get people hyped up over something...

>Where Did This Originate From?
- The Translator mentions that it say No Gyms. A lot of people have taken this the wrong way though. According to other translations they meant No Gym Info as in they don't have any information on the gyms

Interesting, today at work I had a thought... "Wait, there are 4 islands, I wonder if that will impact the gyms and Elite 4 at all?" I realized later that it was silly because there can be multiple towns on those islands... but this has me thinking maybe I was on the right track. I'd be happy to see a change to gyms. Some of them feel shoehorned in at times. Iunno, maybe that's just me.

It just, to me, feels like the wrong time for them to make a generation which completely departs from the classic format. They've been pushing the nostalgia factor so hard with the anniversary and Sun/Moon seem like the big culmination of the event and if they want to use nostalgia as a hook to entice people to buy gen 7 who may not have played for some time why would they break away? Personally I love gyms and the teams, yeah it's formulaic but it's not gotten old, imo.

Not that I have a problem with Pokemon games that mix things up a bit, Colosseum has a special place in my heart.

So to add to those leaked final evolutions pictures, today's reveal seems to indicate that they might actually be real:

1470064643153_by_steffenka-dacbf8h.jpg

There also seems to be more added to the rumour, though I'm not sure if it's the same leaker:

Ash-Greninja will appear in-game
Alola Rattata (and -Cate) are Dark-type
Alola Butterfree are Bug/Psychic
Alola Abra (and evos) are Fighting-type
Alola Nidoking and Nidoqueen are Poison/Fighting
Alola Growlithe (and evo) are Water-type
Alola Doduo (and evo) are Fighting/Flying
The previous versions of Pokémon which have taken on new forms will only be accessible by bringing in from older games
Furfrou gets new styles
There's a new Cat Pokémon, which varies in type and appearance based on breeding
There's a Snowman Pokémon in a line with two stages, and it's Ice/Ghost
There might be two final evolutions for each starter

Once again, I'm not sure if they come from the same source, but it seems to be that way, but both other Pokémon sites, and some YouTubers have reported on it, so I thought I should mention it here too!

Last edited:
This seems like someone just jumping on the Alola form reveal. A flag for me is Alola forms only being from imported Pokemon, I mean, why this kind of barrier of entry for people who may not have played a game for some time or even may be entering the series with Sun and Moon. It also doesn't seem to make sense given the descriptions which seem to indicate an evolutionary adaptation to their new native environment rather than a straight up form change.

This seems like someone just jumping on the Alola form reveal. A flag for me is Alola forms only being from imported Pokemon, I mean, why this kind of barrier of entry for people who may not have played a game for some time or even may be entering the series with Sun and Moon. It also doesn't seem to make sense given the descriptions which seem to indicate an evolutionary adaptation to their new native environment rather than a straight up form change.
That's the thing that made me question this "leak" as well. The multiple final starters seems a bit suspecious for me too, and as I said I'm not sure if it's from the same leaker or if it's just someone jumping the Alola form wagon.

That's the thing that made me question this "leak" as well. The multiple final starters seems a bit suspecious for me too, and as I said I'm not sure if it's from the same leaker or if it's just someone jumping the Alola form wagon.

Only time will tell, but given the trailer showed wild pokemon in Alola form I'd keep a healthy dose of scepticism.

While I do believe there will be more of these things, this is probably someone who just saw the concept and said, "hey lets fool some people!".

Also, none of these make sense as for adaptations. None of them. This is not real, but the whole no gym but something a bit different thing leads me to have faith in these starters being real even more.

Also, none of these make sense as for adaptations. None of them.
I'm not saying those leaks are real (actually starting to lean more towards the other site), and I agree with you, but couldn't you also argue that the typing of the new Exeggutor didn't make sense? It literally just grew taller and gained a tail with an extra head, which imo doesn't make a it look like a dragon.

What if the Alola forms are tied to RBY? Maybe that's what they mean by "being accessible by older games". It would also be why only Kanto Pokemon have been revealed to have new forms, and why the leak put only Kanto Pokemon as well.

On the note that the starters final forms are more than confirmed, I think it's also indicative that Mallow will be the Ash's new travel companion, which makes sense as she is a "gym leader" of sorts.

What if the Alola forms are tied to RBY? Maybe that's what they mean by "being accessible by older games". It would also be why only Kanto Pokemon have been revealed to have new forms, and why the leak put only Kanto Pokemon as well.

On the note that the starters final forms are more than confirmed, I think it's also indicative that Mallow will be the Ash's new travel companion, which makes sense as she is a "gym leader" of sorts.
I don't think a Pokemon's anatomy should change based on transferring it. But how are the starters confirmed (though I really do want that!), and how is Mallow gonna be his companion? I'm lost.

So to add to those leaked final evolutions pictures, today's reveal seems to indicate that they might actually be real:

1470064643153_by_steffenka-dacbf8h.jpg

There also seems to be more added to the rumour, though I'm not sure if it's the same leaker:

Ash-Greninja will appear in-game
Alola Rattata (and -Cate) are Dark-type
Alola Butterfree are Bug/Psychic
Alola Abra (and evos) are Fighting-type
Alola Nidoking and Nidoqueen are Poison/Fighting
Alola Growlithe (and evo) are Water-type
Alola Doduo (and evo) are Fighting/Flying
The previous versions of Pokémon which have taken on new forms will only be accessible by bringing in from older games
Furfrou gets new styles
There's a new Cat Pokémon, which varies in type and appearance based on breeding
There's a Snowman Pokémon in a line with two stages, and it's Ice/Ghost
There might be two final evolutions for each starter

Once again, I'm not sure if they come from the same source, but it seems to be that way, but both other Pokémon sites, and some YouTubers have reported on it, so I thought I should mention it here too!

Please no, no those final evolutions D: The owl is cool, but the other two...
Now I want the "two final evolutions for each starter" rumor to be real...

Back