A Bunch Of Information From China

PokeLeaker

Aspiring Trainer
>Where Did This Originate From?

It was a user on Smogon who translated 2 screenshots of a post made in Chinese. They can be found here: http://m.imgur.com/a/2YqDO According to the translator it was posted 2 weeks or so before Salandit was revealed. The thing that was interesting though is that it mentions that there will be a Fire/Poison lizard. It also mentions that Rockruff will evolve into a Werewolf. That was before we got the Rockruff dex info that implies it'll become a wolf of sorts. Also the one who posted the leak in Chinese removed it for some reason meaning it is possible they where asked to remove it

>What Does It Contain?

It contains not much but enough. The thing is though that there are a few different translations from different people so I'll try my best to incorporate them all

- The Translator mentions that it say No Gyms. A lot of people have taken this the wrong way though. According to other translations they meant No Gym Info as in they don't have any information on the gyms

- The Alola Region has no League. Your main objective is to build a league and after you built it the Elite 4 will appear. The Elite 4 will be like owners of each island

- There will be a Fire/Poison Lizard (Salandit), Dolphin, Mushroom, Snowman, Sea Cucumber, and "Ball Throwing Monkey" Pokemon (This one has been translated different ways. Other translations render it "Football Monkey" or "Rugby Monkey")

- Marshadow will have a very unique typing and will be "the new Illusion Beast". Whatever this means is unknown but it could mean "New Mythical" or "New Legendary" but we don't know

- 4 Guardians Confirmed (This one I'm not sure about cause there was only 1 translation that mentions this)

- Rockruff evolves into a Werewolf

- The new riding system allows you to ride all Pokemon

- There are unmarked locations on the map that form districts (Districts may possibly be a mistranslation) and contain strong Pokemon known as Overlords (Another translation calls them Tyrants)

- You collect the diamonds on the logo like mega stones but a bit different. It causes Pokemon to change shape (They probably meant form) like Ash Greninja. Another translation says that these gems can be "traded out" on the bracelet. Another one goes like this... The bracelet allows strengthening of "skills" which can fit into many types of "ores" which need to be collected

- The starters will be a Grass/Flying Archer, Fire/Dark Wrestler, and Water/Fairy Siren (Another translation calls it a Mermaid and yet another calls it a Sea Clown). This part is interesting cause it matches up with the final evolution art that surfaced a while ago. You can find it here: http://m.imgur.com/a/8OGNM These may not be them though. This art of the starters may just be good guesses but there is still a chance that they could be real especially since it has been getting harder to find these images online which may be due to people tweeting these images to Masuada but that is unknown

>A Very Similar Rumour

Another rumour has surfaced just recently and the info matches up with some of the info here but goes into a bit more detail. They say that there will be this thing called Soul Bond or something like that which is a bar that fills up in battle and mentions the use of gems and "skills. Although the other rumour appears to be more credible this one could happen. They do mention that we will be getting a video sometime this week showing off the Soul Bond and 2 new Pokemon so we will see. A Capybara and Gorilla. We will see though

Like I said in the gym leaders thread, I'm skeptical about them removing gym leaders seeing as Game Freak considers gyms to be a part of the core formula. It does seem suspicious that we haven't heard anything about gym leaders yet and there's no clear locations for 8 gyms on this map, so there might be something to this. Whatever the case, it does seem like this gen is going to shake up the gym formula (about time!).

Also, @PMJ brought this up in the chat, but they said Marshadow has "a unique typing", but they won't reveal it? What's there to hide? Unless there's a new type being introduced this gen (which I doubt) there's really not much they can keep secret.

Now there's a couple of things here I can buy or at least want to happen, Rockruff evolving into a Rock/Dark werewolf would be awesome, and we've been waiting ages for a dolphin Pokemon. But it's hard to say if this is real or not, some of this seems like it could happen and others I'm not so sure.

Like I said in the gym leaders thread, I'm skeptical about them removing gym leaders seeing as Game Freak considers gyms to be a part of the core formula. It does seem suspicious that we haven't heard anything about gym leaders yet and there's no clear locations for 8 gyms on this map, so there might be something to this. Whatever the case, it does seem like this gen is going to shake up the gym formula (about time!).

Also, @PMJ brought this up in the chat, but they said Marshadow has "a unique typing", but they won't reveal it? What's there to hide? Unless there's a new type being introduced this gen (which I doubt) there's really not much they can keep secret.

Now there's a couple of things here I can buy or at least want to happen, Rockruff evolving into a Rock/Dark werewolf would be awesome, and we've been waiting ages for a dolphin Pokemon. But it's hard to say if this is real or not, some of this seems like it could happen and others I'm not so sure.

Other translations do mention that "No Gyms" was a mistake and it actually said "No Gym Info" or something along the lines of that

When it comes to Marshadows typing maybe it is because they don't have all the info. They just know that it'll be unique. It could very well be a Chinese translator since stuff has leaked from other games from Chinese translators. What is Intiresting though is that it is the only leak in Chinese. Every other one is in either English or someone messing around with Japanese in google translate

Other translations do mention that "No Gyms" was a mistake and it actually said "No Gym Info" or something along the lines of that

Doesn't the mention that the plot is focused around building the region confirms that there are no gyms though? And again, gym leaders are revealed within the first few months of the news cycle, if they haven't revealed any of them officially yet and the leakers are saying that they have no information on gym leaders, that's a huge red flag that they're hiding something big.

Doesn't the mention that the plot is focused around building the region confirms that there are no gyms though? And again, gym leaders are revealed within the first few months of the news cycle, if they haven't revealed any of them officially yet and the leakers are saying that they have no information on gym leaders, that's a huge red flag that they're hiding something big.

The plot is focused around building the League which includes the Elite 4 and Champion. Not the Gym leaders

The plot is focused around building the League which includes the Elite 4 and Champion. Not the Gym leaders

Gyms are part of the League though. The whole point of Gyms is that you need to beat them in order to qualify for the League, so with no League gyms become pointless.

Much of this sounds suspect, but I'm 100% here for sea cucumber and capybara pokemon.

- The new riding system allows you to ride all Pokemon

This in particular sounds bogus. Even if we take it to mean "all Pokemon big enough to be ridden", like Stoutland and Rapidash, that's still a LOT of overworld models to render and animate. I'd be pleased if they did that much work, since riding your pokemon everywhere is something I want in my ideal Pokemon game, but it's more likely to be in isolated scenarios like the Rhyhorn and Gogoats in XY.

Marshadow was trademarked awhile ago, the earliest report being May 7, 2016, just google Marshadow pokemon and you'll see it, so I kinda doubt this leak is real

This rumor look legit & real for me . About the "No Gym" i think this might happen . Because after i look at the Alola map closely there is no spot or building that look like a Pokemon Gym . i can find trainer school , i can find Pokemon Daycare . But it doesn't have any thing that look like Pokemon Gym .

Also , I can't find a Victory Road so this rumor sound legit for me .

Very interesting concept. However, I'd still prefer the: "Champion-post game mode" where you could take challenges from people who beat the E4, since you're the champ. Also, getting some post-game recognition as the champ would be sweet as well.

Also, removing every gym is too risky. Gyms are the core of the franchise, I can't see how they could get removed. It would be interesting to see, but it's what moves the plot forward.

This rumor look legit & real for me . About the "No Gym" i think this might happen . Because after i look at the Alola map closely there is no spot or building that look like a Pokemon Gym . i can find trainer school , i can find Pokemon Daycare . But it doesn't have any thing that look like Pokemon Gym .

Also , I can't find a Victory Road so this rumor sound legit for me .
The "no gym" was mistranslated, it actually means there's no info on gyms thus far.

Starters
As you can see by my profile pic, I'm hoping the starters are real. As for building the league, it would be a nice turn of events from the simple formula that's been running from 1996-2014.

New Mechanic
Then, after I saw the "Synchro Evolution" or "Soul Bond" mechanic in a gif (which sadly I can't find anymore) it doesn't seem as bad to me either. It seems actually quite nice, and a new start for what mega evolution was loosely demonstrating.

Pokemon

Pros:
-Capybara and Gorilla seem like good ideas. Those sound really sweet! :D

- Four guardians was something I was looking forward to ever since I saw Tapu Koko, which looks freakin' AWESOME!

-Then there's the ghost that just shows they're running out of ideas, but it's backstory is crushing, and one of my favorites there is so it gets a pass.

Cons:
-But then... Sea Cucumber, Mushroom, SNOWMAN. A SNOWMAN in the ALOLA region. Really?

- Then there is the other new Pokemon... the death huggin' pink bear. It's not inspired, it's just been given a random feature and a random color scheme it seems, and I just hate this thing...

Last edited:
It does - Rapidash, Tauros, and Stoutland on land, but Sharpedo and Lapras just look like slightly-recycled Surf models.

I kinda hated those final starter evo """leaks""" so I'm really, really hoping these aren't real. Rowlet was fine but Litten and Popplio's finals made me sad - but if no one's part Fighting I'm okay, I guess.

Building your own E4 is uh... Interesting? Wouldn't that make you inherently the Champion?

The Pokemon ideas sound great for the most part. I'm all for a capybara, sea cucumber, and dolphin. We really need a break from monkeys tho (like we did from bears but guess what haha jokes on us).

This rumor look legit & real for me . About the "No Gym" i think this might happen . Because after i look at the Alola map closely there is no spot or building that look like a Pokemon Gym. It doesn't have any thing that look like Pokemon Gym.
Well, there are actually two buildings that resemble gym exteriors in D/P/Pt. The victory road is probably on that big island, and to me, it makes sense if we entered Victory Road through that pool with 8 stones, with 1 for each badge you've earned throughout the journey.

Super excited about these "leaks". Still going to take them with a grain of salt, but if they're real, I'll be so stoked! Especially since I want those starter egos to be real. It'll make it hard to choose between Rowlet and Popplio, but I gotta go with my owl!

Honestly I can see these leaks being real, they don't actually seem too Farfetch'd to be legit.
The starter images being removed from so many places really make me suspicious (they wouldn't do that without a good reason to do so... would they?), and tbh I can see GF pulling these designs for their evolutions. plus litten's is absolutely awful which pretty much confirms it (but that Popplio evo is gorgeous and Rowlet's is pretty nice as well)

Just a bit of speculation, if the changing form thing does turn out to be true and I'm kind of thinking that only select Pokemon might be able to use it, maybe that's what the secret shared by Rockruff and the Starters is.

Chinese member here. I'm not quite following the Chinese fandom so it's like "Information form China? I know nothing!" when I see this thread.

With the new Japanese trailer (hey why it's not posted on the front page?) showing a lot of riding and the bracelet thing, this really looks convincing.
Kinda worried that we'll get punished in the future like the European players...

Some corrections:
- The Translator mentions that it say No Gyms. A lot of people have taken this the wrong way though. According to other translations they meant No Gym Info as in they don't have any information on the gyms

- The Alola Region has no League. Your main objective is to build a league and after you built it the Elite 4 will appear. The Elite 4 will be like owners of each island
No gyms is what it says. The main plot is to build the league with the professor. In place of the gym leaders and elite four we have trainers called team leaders and island kings. There will be elite four once the league is built.

- You collect the diamonds on the logo like mega stones but a bit different. It causes Pokemon to change shape (They probably meant form) like Ash Greninja. Another translation says that these gems can be "traded out" on the bracelet. Another one goes like this... The bracelet allows strengthening of "skills" which can fit into many types of "ores" which need to be collected
"The new bracelet can strengthen all moves. You can load diamond stones like the ones on the logo. There's many kinds of them and you need to collect them like mega stones. Some special/limited diamond stones can change Pokemon's form. Ash-Greninja is tansformed this way."
Not certain what the first sentence means. Maybe there will be stones that boost grass type moves, moves relating to sound, etc. I'm curious how status moves will be strengthened. Maybe there will be stones that acts like battle items (it's just my speculation, not from the thread)?

Marshadow is a new mythical Pokemon with very special typing.
The new riding system allows you to ride almost all Pokemon.
Starters' final forms are archer assassin, wrestler and siren, with no typings mentioned.

And it was posted on July 3rd. You can search for it and see the post date even though it's been deleted. Are you sure the starter pictures were out before that?

Last edited:
Yah I posted the image of the starters in the rumor catalog on June 4th which was a few days after they hit the Internet, so they predate this "leak".

Back