9.0 Earthquake Strikes Japan

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.
I heard there was an 8.9 earthquake in Japan. What is up with all these massive earthquakes all over the world these past few years!?

RE: 8.8 Earthquake Strikes Japan

=(
this may effect the California State Championships too..

here's hoping that all the people in the farming communities were able to get out in time.

The earthquakes aren't increasing, the population is. The more people, the more cities. The more cities, the more chance an earthquake will hit one of those cities, and thus resulting in an overwhelming flow of earthquake reports on the news.

I have been watching live footage of this online. Really terrifying images. Cars and entire houses just being swept away. :(

My thoughts are with the Japanese people, hopefully the damage does not get much worse.

I've been watching some of the fottage on T.V live and the damage is horrific, cars, boats, houses and many of people lives are being carried away and destroyed by the huge waves. I hope everone is out of the way before the Tsunami its and for all the people out in the Pacific that are in danger, I hope they can get to higher ground before anything happens to them.

Oh my Arcues. That is bad, and im also noticing the increase in natural disasters lately 0_O.

My thoughts are with the Japanese, and their families

This is definitely not good... I do agree with Pokequaza to some extent, although it does seem there as been an inordinate amount of natural disasters in the past year or two.

Let's hope anyone affected by this earthquake is alright. Or at least as many as possible.

It may seem as there are more, but there aren't. Results haven't shown any extraordinary increase in earthquakes lately, the avarage stays about the same.

All that's happening is every disaster becomes serious because there are people everywhere. It's like a giant stepping around antpiles, but eventually breaking many because so many keep springing up.

Regarding the Japanese, the footage was nearly unbearable to watch. I hope the death and injury count will be very low, and for all to avoid the tsunami.

On the News they are talking about a Tsunami that is going to hit Hawaii any minute. This is really bad, 8.8 is really high, plus Tsunamis that might happen because of the earthquake near the water, especially since it might have an affect on American ground.

At 8.8, that makes it the 7th strongest earthquake recorded.

Yep, that's insane. An 8.8 is like a hundred times stronger than a 6.8, it's pretty mind blowing.

^ Hyperbeem. More like a thousand times; 1413 times stronger to be exact.

Also the earthquake was an 8.9, and not an 8.8. While 0.1 doesn't look much, there's clearly a difference; 8.8 is equal to about 1 ExaJoule, whereas 8.9 is about 1,4 ExaJoule (1 ExaJoule is equal to 10^18 Joule), which is still a difference of 40%.

My heart and prayers go out to them,this is really a tragedy....

Oh man, I didn't know what the exponential base was, but that's insane. The tsunami is about to hit California, but apparently it isn't going to be horribly bad.

I live in southern Japan. We didn't feel anything down here. Though we had several tsunami warnings. It still hasn't hit me of the gravity of the situation. I feel do sorry for those up in Northern Japan. My friend is up there and I can't seem to get ahold of him so I'm really worried.

I heard another earthquake hit the prefecture of Nagano like 20 minutes ago. I heard it was a 6.6.

The worst part of this is the fact that there's been multiple aftershocks, some are really close to the magnitude of the original earthquake. My thoughts and prayers are with the Japanese people as well. :(

i dunno what to say here without sounding cliche or fake but i am saddened by this news :(

I hope Japan can fully recover from this tragedy and rebuild :)

Back