3DS Discussion Thread

I just bought a 3DS a few days ago for $160 with 4 games (Street Fighter, Star Fox 64, OoT, and Mario Kart 7). Any suggestions as to other games to buy? Until now I've really read nothing about available games. Not really a fan of Animal Crossing, so I'm ruling that one out.

CMP said:
I just bought a 3DS a few days ago for $160 with 4 games (Street Fighter, Star Fox 64, OoT, and Mario Kart 7). Any suggestions as to other games to buy? Until now I've really read nothing about available games. Not really a fan of Animal Crossing, so I'm ruling that one out.

Kid Icarus Uprising is really good, and I've heard a lot of good things about Fire Emblem.

Those were definitely two titles I was considering. Thanks, Porygon-X!

I've heard good things about Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, too. I've always enjoyed games like it, so I was wondering if any of you have played it.

Virtue's Last Reward is easily in my top 5 3DS games right now. If you've played 999, it's a must-play, but you don't _have_ to play 999 to get VLR. There are just some nods/references that you won't fully understand.

I can attest to Fire Emblem for sure. Kid Icarus is a good game but personally the controls hold it back for me from being great.

Super Mario 3D Land is my favorite 3DS game. It's pretty much the best game that was designed with the 3DS in mind in terms of the depth of field in the game and what it does to immerse you in the gameplay. This is no standard NSMB style of game; it's just so much better in almost every gaming facet.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is also another title that just oozes charm and is really fun. I'd recommend it as well.

dmaster out.

You should check out Super Mario Bros Dream Team. If you want to play the demo go to the eshop then demos and thenSuper Mario Bros Dream Team then select demos and download it to your SD card. If you want information on any game the eshop is the best place to check that out. Oh you definetly want ro get Pokemon X/Y New Super Mario Bros 2 Super Mario 3D Land and also the many Virtual Console games. Also you should make a Club Nintendo account so when you register a game or system you get coins to use to get free eshop games. Make sure you tie your 3DS to your Club Nintendo account so your games will be automatically registered first. I have 300 coins so I can get 2 games of my choice for free. I just have to wait for the right ones to come around first though. Nintendo changes them about once a month. You can also download the games you want from the eshop but they fill your SD card fast but once you buy the games every download of that game is free XD.:)

My brothers 3DS' cameras stopped working about a month after he got it. Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, I find street pass really annoying to use in England (where I live), as no-one has a 3DS.

Come to think of it I don't think I've ever used my 3DS camera after the first time. I think mine works fine though.

I don't think I'd have a problem with street pass in the UK. I've seen a few people use it and some friends reaping the benefits. I think it's pretty pointless though honestly. The things that you would get from it look like useless DLC that you would never get or use. If anyone can convince me that would be nice.

There really is no convincing, though. All you get are some puzzle pieces that you use to complete 3D pictures, or you use the people you pass by in mini-games that can get you hats.

It's extremely mundane.

UGH I keep on getting error 001-0502 and I herd that it's caused by changing the time a lot, which makes no sense for me, as I JUST got my 3DS and the people who keep on have that problem can get onto the EShop - which I can't.
Also, I'm using a Proxy, as someone messed up the wireless here, so now we have to have Proxies.

Does anyone know why the eshop did not update with a new VC game? Rhe last update was last week and it was Solomons Key but there was no update at all this week. Anyone know why? Thanks XD.:)

THE KING SWAPNOTE IS DEAD, LONG LIVE SWAPNOTE.

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/UHQZFP2Jxcll_Vm-PsZpxNIK5920bRRK

XY's popularity + Internet forums killed it. :(

My... My XL got two scratches on it's screen. =,( I don't know how, either. I always make sure there's nothing between the screens before closing it, then I put it in that little protector it comes in, then I slip it into my Club Nintendo pouch. The things protected through and through. But lo and behold, two nice, one-inch scratches, one on each side of the screen. I could deal with it if the 3D didn't make them pop out so much.

It was a good run, lasting that long without any issues. Really don't know why I didn't buy any friggin' screen protectors. ;-;

Also, while I'm here, SwapNote's cancellation is one of Nintendo's most moronic moves ever. There's all sorts of things set in place (Parental Controls, "Online Content is Not Rated" message, DOWNLOADING IT TO BEGIN WITH) to cover their butts, why they feel the need to "protect" people by killing it off is beyond me. Really hope they come to their senses and revert it... Even if I don't use SwapNote. It's just the principle.

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/11-13-2013/

A new Nintendo Direct is airing tomorrow (8 am PT/11 am EST) focusing on previously announced 3DS software for next year.

*crosses fingers for Kirby 3D and Miiverse*

EDIT: A little late, but here's some of the things the Nintendo Direct covered (the rest is coped from My Nintendo News because I didn't see or remember everything from this update):

-Some new info on The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. You can fight other people (who show up in your game as a Shadow Link) via Streetpass, and can win a bounty of rupees by defeating them (set based on what kind of item you equip as well as your health). The Milk Bar also returns, and there is a sidequest centered around it. Several new characters were revealed, one of them is a witch named Irene who can fly you to other areas. Also, a special Link Between Worlds themed 3DS XL is being sold when the game launches, which comes with a digital copy of the game.
-A collector's edition of Bravely Default will be available at launch and includes an art book, a soundtrack CD, and 34 AR cards.
-New info was given for Mario Party: Island Tour. The game has 7 game boards and 80 new mini games, some of which use the 3DS' motion controls. Four players can also play multiplayer using Download Play. The single player mode con
-Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy will be launching on February 28th.
-The new Kirby game is known as Kirby: Triple Deluxe. No other information about it was given.
-New Spotpass content will be available at Nintendo Zone locations:
-An Animal Crossing New Leaf wall clock (available until November 14th)
-An Animal Crossing New Leaf cat tower (available November 15th- November 28th)
-An Animal Crossing New Leaf rolling suitcase (available November 29th- December 12th)
-A Super Mario 3D Land Mystery Box (starting November 22nd)
-A new update for 3DS will be available some time next month. The update will allow 3DS users to create a Nintendo Network ID to access Miiverse. Additionally, if you use the same NNID for your 3DS and Wii U, you can share your eShop balance between both consoles.
-New updates for Animal Crossing Plaza:
-50 Animal Crossing themed stamps will be available to use in Miiverse posts. Other games such as 3D World will also have this feature, but it will only be available in certain communities that support them.
-There will also be a ranking system in the form of monthly polls. November's is "Who would make the best secretary?" and December's is "Who will be neighbor of the year?".
-A Youtube app will be launching this month for the 3DS. You can watch videos on the top screen and browse videos on the bottom screen. The Wii U version will be updated with similar functionality using the Gamepad, and will also be able to watch two videos at once (one on the TV, one on the Gamepad).
-A few new gameplay modes and extra gameplay features were revealed for Super Mario 3D World. Captain Toad levels were shown off again (in which you must collect Green Stars in a mini level where you can't jump), a bonus Luigi Bros game (i.e. Mario Bros but with Luigi playable) will be unlockable in the game, but it easily unlocked if you have a save file of New Super Luigi U, and Rosalina is confirmed to be an unlockable character and can use the Spin Attack from the Galaxy games.

I wasn't really expecting much this time because they're probably waiting until after Christmas for more game announcements. Miiverse on the 3DS is probably the biggest highlight here, I can't wait to use it (I probably won't be getting a Wii U anytime soon, so no Miiverse until the update).

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/231/p/430

Changed the start-up method of Nintendo 3DS Camera from the HOME Menu to require pressing the L and R Buttons simultaneously.

PARTY!

Anyway this has been updating for 30 min now and is about 1/3:rd through... seriously? I have to leave home now. D:
Edit: Two minutes later it just jumped over halfway and now it's pretty close to finishing lol.
Edit 2: Done. Seems like it takes about 35 min to update.

Blob55 said:
My brothers 3DS' cameras stopped working about a month after he got it. Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, I find street pass really annoying to use in England (where I live), as no-one has a 3DS.

This is a known issue and if you did just buy it I would send it in for repair. There is nothing on your end you can do to fix it unless you have all the tools and have done this before. The camera is a 35 dollar part and it's a real pain to replace. You have to completely take out the whole motherboard, and screen. At least a 2 hour process especially if you have not done it before. And if you manage to strip out the screws you are pretty much done.

How to replace the 3ds camera

fezwhy said:
Blob55 said:

This is a known issue and if you did just buy it I would send it in for repair. There is nothing on your end you can do to fix it unless you have all the tools and have done this before. The camera is a 35 dollar part and it's a real pain to replace. You have to completely take out the whole motherboard, and screen. At least a 2 hour process especially if you have not done it before. And if you manage to strip out the screws you are pretty much done.

How to replace the 3ds camera

It's my Brothers 3DS that he bought when the 3DS just came out...

Member Clubs, all right.

Next Nintendo Direct is tomorrow (the 18th) at 6 A.M. PST: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/12-18-2013/

Nintendo Direct page said:
We will share information focusing on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS software launching through spring 2014.

So, MK8 trailer, MK8 delay release month, maybe an SSB4 trailer. Obvious DK stuff. I'd expect something about Super Mario Bros. 3 on 3DS and Wii U Virtual Consoles.

3DS YouTube App

Not sure if this is the right place since the forums changed again. However does anyone know why Youtube keeps cutting out alot? I can understand a bit of laggyness but that part is common. I am talking about the app suddenly cancelling itself and going back to the main menu. The app will be fine for about 4 hours or so. Then it cuts out when starting a video or sometimes while watching a video. After 4 hours of working fine it will do this for about 3-4 hours and then it will be fine again. Anyone know if there will be a patch or am update? Thanks XD.:)

Back