(3) English Names Confirmed, 3DS Date and Price, Best Wishes' English Name [1/19]

When I look at 3D for some reason I just don't feel that well. Some people do tend to get dizzy when seeing in 3D, so it would be good for the people who get dizzy to just use their old DSs or just turn off the 3D.

^ thats why they have the 3D depth slider, so you can find your 3d with out being dizzy

^
Yeah thats what the good thing is about the 3DS, you can actually control how much 3D you see and pick the one right for you.

Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed with a lot of this news. I was really hoping those names were fake, but alas no. And $250 is outrageous for a handheld system that's 25% more than a console IMO. Really pretty lame. The game launch lineup better be MILES better than Japan's to make that money worth it.

dmaster out.

^ Apparantly they are making 3d remakes of the old games Like starfox and kid icarus and other fighting games.

Edited. You're not a verified seller, so you can't offer that here. - SR

I agree the price is crazy especially for a handheld game. I will just stick with my DS Lite and will play the games on there. Also the design of the 3DS is designed poorly IMO.

We really shouldn't complain too much about the price of the 3DS. I have a DSi and am completely happy with it, and the only reason I would want the new console would be for the new games that go with it (<3 Ocarina of Time <3).

Before we know it, they'll come up with a 3DS 2.0 that has some useless feauture added to it. Once that happens, they'll lower the original's price. If it's still too high, wait for 3DS 2.5, now with an added button on the back. -_-

I'm over-exagerating, but I think you see my point: the price of the 3DS will become reasonable in the foreseeable future, and as stated above, I'm in no rush to go out and buy one for $250.

As for the confirmation of the names, I don't really feel excited nor dissapointed. I felt surprised to see how fast their confirmation came, but otherwise, I plan to learn the names as they come to me.

And why change 'Best Wishes' to simply 'Pokemon Black and White'? Along with the price of the 3DS, this is the only thing that really dissapoints me.

Finally the whole list of Pokemon is out and I can't wait for the Black and White episodes to start. However I don't think they will start until the D/P episodes end which is in a few weeks. Why is the 3ds more expensive than the Wii? I figured about $190.00 but $250.00? Come on. No DS is $250.00 If this is the final price it will be a long time before I can get that one XD.:)

To all you people complaining how the Japanese names are better blah blah, I'd like to say this. Do you actually know what they mean/what words they come from? No, in most cases, no. Therefore, you can only judge them by sound. In English, the names mean something. And much as you want to critiscize Gamefreak, you have to admit, they're quite clever puns, some of them. So if you can offer a good case as to why the Japanese names are so much better if you don't actually know anything about their origin, I'll be delighted to hear.

The Wii used to be $250.
Honestly, $250 seems to be a reasonable price. It's a powerful computer and it may come with a free game.

The 3DS at the moment is expensive, but over time it will get cheaper and cheaper. New updates will come to the 3DS like two cameras and even more colors. So those who want to get a 3DS I would recommend waiting because in the future the price will be going down.

Pokemongoldsilver.com also confirmed that the Ash's Pikachu event will end on February 13th instead of February 5th.

Looks like another simultaneous release for the 3DS. And only a month after it comes out in Japan. If only Pokemon games were released like that...

The 3DS comes with a card that allows for game play on a flat surface. With a gyrometer and 3D and a really powerful computer, its reasonable, they have to make money you know. To cover manufactering and shipping costs. and they company ie gamestop needs to make money...

I dont see whats so bad about the 3ds being $250. I mean, an ipod touch is 200 (or 300 for 32 gb) and the 3ds can take 3d pictures, play music, play 3d games, has great graphics, has a longer battery life than the ipod, and will eventually be able to take and watch 3d videos.

I don't see whats so bad about the 3ds being $250. I mean, an ipod touch is 200 (or 300 for 32 gb) and the 3ds can take 3d pictures, play music, play 3d games, has great graphics, has a longer battery life than the ipod, and will eventually be able to take and watch 3d videos.

Even though those things are good and all $250 is still too much for a handheld game system. The Wii used to cost that much and now it has gone down. The price is surely going to be going down, but at the moment $250 is still too much for a handheld.

@Ice Arceus The Wii has been out for a really long time. And it only decreased 50 bucks after about two years.... So its sorta a good price for right now...

Well that is a console and has been very popular which meant that Nintendo didn't want to decrease the price until it's popularity went down. It really depends if the 3DS is popular, if it is then probably it will take about a year or even more for the prize to go down a bit. If it turns out to be unpopular then the prize will decrease in a short period of time.

^ But will it really be that unpopular? It is 3D, i think a lot of people would want that... So it will probably be up for a while. I dont think that the DSi has decreased in price yet...

Back