(1) Pokemon X and Y Announced! [1/8]

RE: (1) PokeBeach's Live Discussion and Coverage of Pokemon Direct! [1/8]

omg yes! this is a new fresh start!

Pokemon card thing, but can anyone imagine how the X and Y legendaries would look as full art EX's?

Really?? On top of the Eiffel Tower? Pikachu FTW.

Hegafire0 said:
Pokemon card thing, but can anyone imagine how the X and Y legendaries would look as full art EX's?

Oh... My... God... ME WANT NAOOOO!!!

redchesus said:
People... it's clearly related to DNA. Look at the Japanese trailer and logo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2MYbmIxzer8

What do you think that glowing multicolored thing is?

omg @_@ thats clearly hints about DNA and stuff hmm mewtwo syndrome again :p

Brave Vesperia said:
Jay said:
Pokemon X and Y. On 3DS. It sounds to me that they are referring to planes, with Z as the third game. X and Y referring to chromosomes would be unlikely, since one would be for boys, the other, for girls.

I know nothing about dimensional planes, please explain.

Think of a graph. The Y axis moves up and down - hence the flying nature of the Y-shaped legendary. The X axis is unable to move up and down but moves left and right - hence the earth-based nature of the elk Pokémon with the X in its eyes :) .

I hope that, for the third version (which will probably be Z unless they pull a BW2 on us) will have a giant Z as the legendary. The bird and the deer look nice, but I can't imagine a Z being a nice pokemon (unless its a snake or something). Also, Chespin looks adorable! I can't wait to see the fully evolved forms!

I can't get over on how darn amazing these Pokémon are especially the legendaries, did you guys see how majestic looking the Pokémon at the end was I'm having a fangasm :)

Can anyone translate the starters' Japanese names? Maybe they will give us a hint into what the hell Chespin is.

Edit: Going off of Chespin's french and german name I think it's a hedgehog

Marisson comes from hérisson (French for hedgehog)
Igamaro comes from Igel (German for hedgehog)

So I guess the "pin" part of its name is literally "pin"

Just realised this means no fifth gen gym leader or world championship sets, well damn.

Hopefully the last few sets will have the rest of the leaders as supporters at least.

ArticunoDude said:
oakbark said:
So... starter name meanings?

Chespin = chestnut and pine?
Fennekin = fennec and kindle?
Froakie = Croak and... i dunno, freaky?

Imagine the new region is based on Paris and its surrounding areas. Look at the image - Paris is at A, and if you incorporate England you get a nice area to traverse!

f4n1X.jpg

Frog and croak?

I think it's a mixing of the words frog and soak.

redchesus said:
Can anyone translate the starters' Japanese names? Maybe they will give us a hint into what the hell Chespin is.

Actually, I believe those were their English names. So it looks like Chespin is here to stay.

Notice how the rays at the beginning flash out from EUROPE.

There goes my Urora region....

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y.... Why didn't I think of that beforehand??! Anyways the graphics look amazing even for the 3DS. I'm getting the version with the bird legendary on it and Fennekin as starter. I can't wait to see what more Game Freak put into this game, Prepare for more scans and screenshots!

Back